FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Encoder/Ripper

Brakdr
Hello,

what Software are you using? I'm using EAC for most of my mp3's but Im not quite satisfied when making m4b (the audiobookformat for my Ipod). Its not this flexible as I would like toi have it. Any "better" Software i could use? (Please dont tell me to use iTunes Smile)

Greetings
TheFaction
yeah i'm kinda in the same boat. i want to find a program i can use to convert m4a files to mp3/wma format. also id like to be able to change the bit rate to a smaller size just to lessen the space a track will take up. because i dont notice that much of a difference between 128 and 64 and that definetely reduces file size allowing for me to put more songs on my mp3 player.
gh0stface
I know the Paid/Full version of Winamp allows you to encode in m4a format and wmv. I think.

I don't have an iPod so I wouldn't really know. Although EAC is probably the best CD ripping program combined with LAME MP3.
Brakdr
gh0stface wrote:
I know the Paid/Full version of Winamp allows you to encode in m4a format and wmv. I think.

But Winamp is a piece of crap... I can also do my files with iTunes, which is much better then WinAmp, but I wanted a "better" Tool, maybe a "all-in-one" Tool.

Greetings
alex_ru
Well i thing wery best choice is Easy CD-Da extractor many more formats and very good quality of encoding.