FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free .com domain

Stealth
I have been searching for a site which gives out free domains and I have recently found about this which says it gives out free .com domains, .net etc which they also place advertisements onto your site. If you want to try it then go to www.domain-4free.com. I am not sure if it really works. It never accepts any requests and I believe it is fake.
xorcist
That's kind of good depends on what kind of site you have but the advertisements take up like half of the site if you look at it.
vignesh_natraj
but are you ready to sacrifice your adsense for a .com domain you may use it for non revenue generating sites
dxhunter
Rejected my intivation Crying or Very sad
Scorpio
That owner of the site is rejecting many applications. You are not the only one.
Probably that ****** is looking for already developed well established and profit making sites
g_unit90
i registered i am waiting
raman
I regestered for this and am also waiting for a response.
wimvpetegem
I have also registered but I haven't much hope for it.
I think that they are lieing to us, but I have give it a try Razz
You never know, isn't it?
Scorpio
You just have to hope that you get lucky. Who knows, luck has never been my companion.
Anyway, they put ads on your website. It is useless anyway.
dxhunter
I dont understand old URL what i write here Confused i write my host but say me "xx.xxx is not yours" Confused
mathiaus
No better than .yk except its a .com. They just use a big old ugly iframe which some browsers cant cope with so you automaticly rules some poor people out. Just buy one. you can get them really cheap and it really is worth it Very Happy (though theres nothing wrong with .frih.net)
Blaster
I think it is just a wast of time. I signed up and didn't get it. Did anyone get this to work?

I got a response with in a day. It was really fast.
Scorpio
Domain names are cheap for sure.
Though yahoo hiked their prices to 9.95$ we also have cheaper domains

Instead of wasting time and energy over such crazy websites we can buy one for sure
Blaster
Yea you are true about that one. They are really cheap nowa days. You can get them for as low as like 6 dollars a year. That is pocket change for most of us.
Stealth
I don't think that anyone would be accepted, it is impossible because maybe they want a professional site which has lots of visitors so that they can gain money from their advertisements since that they put lots of ads. Who agrees?
Blaster
Yea i would agree. Some kind of bussiness site with a lot of vistors. I wouldn't want ads on my site that i wasn't bennifting on anyhow. So screw it.
vignesh_natraj
its only a redirection service and they display google ads for that.
i got a mail form the admin saying take .page.tl instead of .com and improve your traffic and then apply again
lumpic
i think noone will give you a domain for free, because
nothing is for free Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But there in december last year and january this year .be domains were free for one year..

i have my domain Very Happy

cu
Aimewitue
lumpic wrote:
i think noone will give you a domain for free, because
nothing is for free Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cu

this is the truth Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
haparlament
i tried all of the "free domain!" they dont give you "free domain"
none of them giving you "free domain"
just pay 8$ and buy domain! as i do!
Scorpio
haparlament wrote:
i tried all of the "free domain!" they dont give you "free domain"
none of them giving you "free domain"
just pay 8$ and buy domain! as i do!

I got a domain for $2.99 from yahoo.
You can get one for $3.99 at iPower.com
becks_dn
free domain .com thank man i will register
Blaster
It don't work. They put ads on your site and that is not worth it. Its a lot easier if you just pay the 10 bucks and get a paid domain name.
Scorpio
I guess 10 Bucks is quite high...

Yahoo! now has a limited offer for 2.99$ and so does iPower..

Better to get it cheap for the 1st year and then next year rates might come down
raman
I got a response but it was that they had declined my application for a domain name. Ah well, worth a shot.
Scorpio
I told ya they only decline domain names..
Wait for a few days you will get a free domain redirect with another extension in your inbox
yisou
i know it
but i can not get one free domain
kolumbas
there are a lot of places where you can go to forums, post begining with 200 and ending with 500 posts and after that you can get free .com .net .org or .info domain.
warallthetm
If by chance you do get accepted you can get rid of those ugly adverts for free! Insert this code into the index page of your document, and walla, no more frames! I read the TOS completely and no where does it say you cant break out of thier frames. BTW still waiting for approval

Code:
<head>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
function breakout_of_frame()
{
  // see http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/framebreak.shtml
  // for an explanation of this script and how to use it on your
  // own website
  if (top.location != location) {
    top.location.href = document.location.href ;
  }
}
-->
</script>
</head>
Rolling Eyes
rct_adicts
It's a gimmic, all they want to do is use you as a billboard. They also only except big sites, so most people will get rejected any way. I'm afraid you just cant get free .com domains. Crying or Very sad You can get free .tk domains though, plus you get them instantly! But it is a redirecting domain, therfore you have to already have a domain or subdomain. Have a look:
www.dot.tk
shravan
I've applied, they've rejected. It kinda looks fake. No one would spend upto $5 to give you a free domain!!!
selim06
i think it doesn't working or the guy opened this site for more clicks...The Site's hit increased quickly...And my request also rejected...
osbits
I do not think there is free lunch on this planet.The free things are always can not ssatisfy your need.
Transponder
got acepted Smile you get some google ads on youre website Confused
Mannix
godaddy.com is $8.95 for per domain. All free domain registrar's are fake or have a catch, if you can spare it just buy one(I like godaddy but there are cheaper one's out there).
forumposters
anyone tried globat who offers $1.95 .com registrations with nothing else to buy?
bercha
I registered and waited for a week and finally got their respond... I GOT REJECTED!!! What a waste of time...
saiyeek
Its just a bluff
tamilparks
Hellow www.dot.tk is not a domain name given to us but its a url forwarding we can cloack the url also..........so u be careful in that
OutwardBound
I used Dot.tk in the past but I've choose not to use it. Their banner and ads. are so annoying, and they have affected my business. There are never free domain names like .com, .net in the intermet. I suggest you to register for a free subdomain with a free host (like .frih.net), and make sure you registered a really short subdomain(usually with 3-4 letters). Make it into your own website and domain. I think this is the only possible way to male your free, easy to remember domain name. And all of this is FREE!
tamilparks
ok thanks but the frihost i have registered
Josso
I buy my .co.uk for 9.99 per two years. It's quite a lot I suppose considering some other prices but it's such a little ammount to pay every couple of years it doesn't bother me too much. Also I need stuff like a control panel, stats, and general settings with my domain... I'm happy at www.virtualnames.co.uk even though they are overexpensive. Mind you I'd never host with them Laughing
gentleboy
warallthetm wrote:
If by chance you do get accepted you can get rid of those ugly adverts for free! Insert this code into the index page of your document, and walla, no more frames! I read the TOS completely and no where does it say you cant break out of thier frames. BTW still waiting for approval

Code:
<head>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
function breakout_of_frame()
{
  // see http://www.thesitewizard.com/archive/framebreak.shtml
  // for an explanation of this script and how to use it on your
  // own website
  if (top.location != location) {
    top.location.href = document.location.href ;
  }
}
-->
</script>
</head>
Rolling Eyes

Thank you very much. This code is going to help me in breaking that ugly banner of Idea dot.tk Idea

Thanx Again
Gentleboy
Sava
If you really want a domain, buy one ... and make sure you can earn enough with your site to support your domain, am I right ?
In these days NOTHING is free
coreymanshack
my other post was delted because it was a referal link Sad... hopefully this one is not!

The following is NOT my website, BUT I do surveys there and can get top level domain names for free!

http://www.ezyrewards.com/

I just wanted everyone to know about this!
roach831
i dont think domains will ever be free
Maryndor
My experience as web developer make me sure that I shouldn't count on free ones anymore. Well to be honest FriHost is exception that continue amazing me, but question about hosts is different topic of discussion.

The domains are ones that you should buy and they are pretty cheap, just need some googling and compare ability Wink. A lot of free registrars have very questionable TOS and Agreements. Other just says you that you do not own your domain and nothing is sure.

To be honest the Hosts are pretty same. They are worst sometime, because could own your website. Some of them are really slow due to a lot of visits. Anyway... you decide! Smile
Manofgames
there is nothing in life for free.....

even with frihost, you have to post on their forums so they get ad traffic
coreymanshack
i consider frihost free though... because we aren't paying them anything... we are only giving them our entertainment time. the way i see it is that google is the one coming out on a loss with this one.. ;P
FunDa
I once got a free .com domain from http://www.namezero.com

Thay buy it in their name - then let u use it - a part of the thing in a frame. (Twisted Evil i didn't know about twisting ur page out of a frame then )

But that was years back. And they put huge banners in a frame- so more than one fourth of ur browser is their Ad - in a fixed frame !!!

And then they finally said that they were going from free to fee and kept mailing me with decreasing prices for domain registration

Finally, they gave up and the domain name is now available for buying ...

I'll never do that again !
coreymanshack
yea that really sux!
reddishblue
Hey they said theyd send the activation link, which they did not, ah well back to free subdomians Laughing
zeene
Stealth wrote:
I have been searching for a site which gives out free domains and I have recently found about this which says it gives out free .com domains, .net etc which they also place advertisements onto your site. If you want to try it then go to www.domain-4free.com. I am not sure if it really works. It never accepts any requests and I believe it is fake.

try domainlagoon.com instead. Just a few surveys (u must live in USA) and you're up.
Dakafall
lol I cant wait to see what they do with this.... I really want that domain but to much ads sucks.... oh well... lets see if i get it... I probably wont...
raman
I guess its worth a try.
einstein
they rejected my application!!! Crying or Very sad
suntzu3500
scorpio wrote:
I guess 10 Bucks is quite high...

Yahoo! now has a limited offer for 2.99$ and so does iPower..

Better to get it cheap for the 1st year and then next year rates might come down

Not really - it's $10 a year. That's not that overpriced. The problem is for those of us who do not have credit cards - that makes doing business online significantly more expensive.
nclemale
freedns.afraid.org will give you free domains . co.uk uk.to and many many more.

be carefull to stick to the terms and conditions as the admin isnt exactly a people person.
FunDa
Be careful about all these free .com domain things .
They usually register the site in their name. Then they keep emailing you to upgrade to their paid plan.

And if you still don't join , they send you warnings that they are going to shift to a paid service soon anyway and finally just take the domain for themselves with no way to get it for yourself than paying an insane amount of money for the transfer.

This was my experience eith namezer many years back.

Maybe now things are better, but it is always better to have the registration under your name and control as I have with www.fundazone.com

Better to pay and buy than to risk losing the whole domain name. With hosting, there is no problem, I love frih's s service. Bondings is The Man ! Yo !

But with domain's, I'd say go get your own.
daviosoftware
I was hoping to find a realy good free domain. No luck Sad

The only way is to buy one! Damn
why6487
Nope. Just fake.

It's better to get ten dollars and just buy a domain.
okan_ceza
i dont think domains will ever be free!... Sad
no 5$!....
Carlosus
Thanks for that tip. Im already looking for a domain. Maybe i can get one
sivakumar
I am searching for free webhosting with sub Domain with additioanl features like MySql,FTP,No Forced Ads,pop up extender.I gb bandwidth,500 mb space.
nhuabo
Free .com domain is not real at all.
You will get it only if you pay for it.
And the domain name are so chip now,free domain is nosense now.
5$ is enough for one year.
FunDa
It is real, but its just not worth the effort.

Some forums offer free .com domains if you post on the forum and get enough points - just like frih gives webspace.

But it's not worth the effort - they register in their name - you are tied to them forever - no easy way to switch the DNS provider if you are not satisfied ...
Grahambel
I regestered for this and am also waiting for a response
maybe
i registered i am waiting, but i haven't much hope for it...
nivinjoy
Hey guys what is the use of getting a web host like that... even if it is free..?The advertisements are anyways disturbing and not only that we dont have any profit from the advertisements too...!!! Very strange...!!!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Better than that is go for a service like that of frihost and if you want a short name you may do it by URL redirection service from that of freedomain.co.nr and so on...

Instead why take much pain with all the disturbing ads on your site and that too unprofitable...??? I dont understand this....!!!Very strange and i wonder many guys have signed up too...

Or else have a try at www.page.tl They dont have much disturbing ads... Very Happy Laughing
daran
Stealth wrote:

i get to www.domain-4free.com but this site has error 504 gateway. what I do?
lunakizz
i hate banner!!
FunDa
There was once a site called namezero which gave the domain free. No forum or anyting at all... But they tregister in their name and put frames. And they give you a frame which covers 2/3rds of the page .

Yup, they put a huge ad as a frame (not an iframe) so you can't even scroll it away. and the frame is 1/3rd of the page.

Not worth it . EVER !!!
mahirharoon
they reqiure to have a specific amount of hits to register
edit:
Quote:
Or else have a try at www.page.tl They dont have much disturbing ads...

that is subdomain and of course it puts our site in a iframe
pollux1er
do you think if i request for mine now i will get it?
Legolas710
I'm not using this...

I want to choose what ads I have. Razz
pollux1er
So what is the place to get one for free? Crying or Very sad
bloodgod
Its Better to buy domain
they can be found at a very low rates nowadays
still thanks anyway
nonexist
Friggin Iframes.
That website needs to stop that.
I tried it a few times and automatically got rejected. I just decided to just buy one through Godaddy.com
Just do that. Its cheap and they have some good gimics too. Very Happy
Summer
Well, if you ever want a .com domain, you can get 1. See my siggy. It's real. I hope my site can be a partner with frihost tho. You get free hosting here, then you get free .com domain there. Things will be better if I have more members. Currently my site is 1-day-old(yeah its fresh) and the members has currently posted near 200 posts.
LostOverThere
Yeah, read their TOS
FunDa
Summer wrote:
Well, if you ever want a .com domain, you can get 1. See my siggy. It's real. I hope my site can be a partner with frihost tho. You get free hosting here, then you get free .com domain there. Things will be better if I have more members. Currently my site is 1-day-old(yeah its fresh) and the members has currently posted near 200 posts.

I can't see your siggy !

You mean your signature right ? Could you pm me the link ?
shkhanal
If I can't pay for domain name then rather than jumping to .tk or .many.com, better why not to use subdomains!
tinyshamster
It didnt work for me either. =/
richard270384
Try NamePros.com forums

Thats how I get all my domains. I have about 25 domains now. And I haven't paid cash for any of them.

NamePros doesn't give you points for posting, but members of the site pay you in NP$ for social bookmarking, or if you already have some decent website traffic or PR you can sell advertising space on your site (thats how I started). If you do graphic design or any other services, you can sell those on there too. There are plenty of willing buyers if your services are good.

Once you earn enough NP$ you can register the domain of your choice. Some members have their own GoDaddy reseller accounts and give you really good deals too. I got some .info domains for 40NP$ each a couple of weeks ago - that's the equivalent of 80 cents.

Seriously, after discovering NamePros I would not recommend ANYBODY to use any of these free domain services.

So many people on threads like this always post things like "it's only 5 or 10 bucks, just spend the money". But I know, that for whatever reason, not everybody can do that.

Combine your frihost hosting with namepros domains and you're unstoppable!

If you want to find out more about how I get my domains, keep an eye on my domaining blog which I just started - DomainingGuide.info
pollux1er
richard270384 wrote:
Try NamePros.com forums

Thats how I get all my domains. I have about 25 domains now. And I haven't paid cash for any of them.

NamePros doesn't give you points for posting, but members of the site pay you in NP$ for social bookmarking, or if you already have some decent website traffic or PR you can sell advertising space on your site (thats how I started). If you do graphic design or any other services, you can sell those on there too. There are plenty of willing buyers if your services are good.

Once you earn enough NP$ you can register the domain of your choice. Some members have their own GoDaddy reseller accounts and give you really good deals too. I got some .info domains for 40NP$ each a couple of weeks ago - that's the equivalent of 80 cents.

Seriously, after discovering NamePros I would not recommend ANYBODY to use any of these free domain services.

So many people on threads like this always post things like "it's only 5 or 10 bucks, just spend the money". But I know, that for whatever reason, not everybody can do that.

Combine your frihost hosting with namepros domains and you're unstoppable!

If you want to find out more about how I get my domains, keep an eye on my domaining blog which I just started - DomainingGuide.info

How log did you wait to get your first free domain... Wink
richard270384
I bought my first domain on 18th November last year, and I joined on 8 October.

So about 3 weeks. But I think you could do it a lot quicker if you wanted to. Especially if you have some services you can offer.
shkhanal
I have started with namepros thouth just two days. Lets see. I'll post my experience whenever it comes.
propeng
Well I saw many other free domain sites but only 1 have these features, although the domain is expired now... Sad

1. No Ads AT ALL
2. 250mb Space
3. 10gb Bandwidth
4. POP3 or IMAP e-mail account (no STMP to prevent spamming)
5. Subdomain (*.your domain, which is free!)

But I suggest that you use those legal ad pay-per-click (LEGAL) and buy a domain from godaddy or another trusted source.[/b]
triniDj27
Well, even I know there is no such thing as something for free.

But, HEY, if there's even a possibility, I try it.
Applied to the site, said I'll get a reply in 2 days.

Keepin' my fingers crossed.
rehana
[b]
i have Tried But No Response

it is fake
frih
but you should try some other paid hosting service...
npgmis
Thank you, I have to look at
Prasad007
Believe it or not guys, it's a completely legit site. I had got a domain from them for the cost of an advert. I had a pretty active site, so....
Nederland
it's not working i tryed it many times.. but all times rejected..
vaeye
Stealth wrote:

i registered i am waiting i hope it's ture
thank you
FunDa
vaeye wrote:
Stealth wrote:

i registered i am waiting i hope it's ture
thank you

Even if it is, they won't give it in your name.

And probably they keep ads too.

Try co.cc and co.tv domains too