FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPod Phone

izcool
Yes, as crazy as it may sound, it looks like there's a possibility for Apple to come out with an iPod Phone.

I found this article and thought it would be worth mentioning on here :

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/iPods_And_Portable_Players/iPods?Article=/iPods%20And%20Portable%20Players/iPods/W5C2N2D7

I don't feel the need to copy-and-paste the article in here in quote tags, just to get Fri$ Rolling Eyes

- Mike.
Blaster
They basicly already had this. Rolling Eyes So it is nothing really that new. The phone held Itunes songs and was made by cingular.
Billwaa
yeah, I think one of the phone in radioshack have Ipod system, I saw it in the TV Ad
eLto
I did a quick google and came up with this It's from 2003, though. I've seen some concept images of the new phone, but I just thought this was worth noticing, due to it's hilarious design Wink
xkarenflowerx
^ lol, that is quite amusing Razz

i think it's all cool, although i won't be buying one because:

a)i have no money
b)i snapped the last two phones i had in half :/

i hope the one they release is unsnappable Very Happy
flyers
i think its ok i am not the biggest fan of IPODS though but the phone is nice.
todabeat
Blaster wrote:
They basicly already had this. Rolling Eyes So it is nothing really that new. The phone held Itunes songs and was made by cingular.

they are coming out with a iPod phone, not a phone with itunes, just look at the date of the article.
gotflash
eLto wrote:
I did a quick google and came up with this It's from 2003, though. I've seen some concept images of the new phone, but I just thought this was worth noticing, due to it's hilarious design Wink

Wow. I wonder if the numpad just slides down or what. Looks pretty stupid lol, not quite the conventional design for a phone.
Blaster
I found a picture!!!

Marston
HEY GUYS, THE NOKIA ROKR WAS RELEASED MONTHS AGO...
Blaster
More like... last year. But I think they are talking about the whole ipod phone not a phone with itunes...
psycosquirrel
Laughing

Either way, both suck.

I have a crappy cellphone and a crappy mp3 player, that way no one will steal them. At my school, IPods, CD Players, Cellphones, Game Boys, PSPs, etc. are stolen constantly. My mp3 player is SO BAD that someone actually stole it and gave it back because they couldn't figure out how to turn it on. Sure it is a piece of crap, but it is VERY durable compared to and IPod, and only cost me $50 for the player and the 1 gig SD Card; MUCH less than an IPod. Also, I can fit all of my music on it easily when I format it (1.6 gig before conversion, less than 500 mb afterwards)
Blaster
Its called locking your stuff up. My phone is in my pocket all of the time. MP3 player is locked.
psycosquirrel
I know someone whos MP3 player was stolen while he was listening to it. The kid just grabbed and ran.

Also, you won't always have control of your stuff. For example, in PE we have to dress out then leave our stuff in the room. Even though the room is "locked," anyone with a brain and a credit card can get the lock open...
Blaster
Gym lockers. and leave it in your regular locker then.
izcool
It's common for MP3 or CD players to get taken away in my school. I have a friend whose CD player was taken away in Gym class. He went down to the Deans office to retreive it, and when he asked them for it back, they pulled up a huge box full of iPods, CD players, and cellphones. He had his favorite CD in his CD player, so instead of taking an iPod, he took his CD player back. What I really want to do at the end of the year is go down to the Deans office and say my iPod was taken away, and then take an iPod Nano, iPod Video, or something of the sort. Very Happy

- Mike.
Blaster
DO IT!!! That is nuts. It is like dangerous to have them in school now. That is why you lock your locker!!! Mad So next time before you moan about that think about locking your locker.
drunkfun
if i buy an iPod video now, will some super new version come out in 6 months and make it obsolete? kind of like the video has already done to the ipod photo and original ipod?
kiranaghor
The Motorola ROKR was a dumb phone. But now they have included itunes in RAZR V3i so its kinda kool. I am eagrly waiting for iphone.