FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

1 free subdomain & Unlimited subdomains

alkutob
I returned again to frihost main page www.frihost.com

I read Frihost free hosting features and these are some of them :

250 Mb of space for your entire collection of websites.
    10 GB of traffic each and every month.
    1 free subdomain to be reachable in the whole world.
    Php and Perl scripting languages to fulfill all your programming needs.
    The DirectAdmin control panel to manage your web hosting account.
    Mambo, phpBB, SMF, Xoops and PostNuke compatible web hosting.
    No forced advertisements. Your own ads like google adsense are allowed.
    Unlimited MySQL databases for all your data.
    Unlimited subdomains and ftp accounts for all your websites.

So I didn't understand the difference ...

Can you explain please

Thank you
eku53ru
I'm not sure if this will help you understand (I'm a bit bad at explanations), but I'll try anyway. =)

When you first sign up with Frihost for a hosting account, you're given your main website address, which people access through whatever.frih.net (or frihost.net, depending on when you signed up for the account). This is the subdomain that's accessible to the rest of the world (since your account will be a subdomain of Frihost).

In addition to that, you can also add subdomains to that account - if you want your blog (let's say you have one) to have its own section of the site, you can add on a subdomain called "blog." If you want people to access it, you direct them to blog.whatever.frih.net - it's that underlined chunk in front of your normal subdomain that is the "unlimited subdomains."

Although you may have one actual subdomain/account, you can split that subdomain into as many sections as you want.

I hope that helps. Smile
yisou
i think it's that ou can add domain to your site,
Blaster
You get one free subdomain. www.yoursitename.frih.net Then you can have some like www.forum.yoursitename.frih.net that is the differeence. Do you get it now?
Scorpio
As blaster said, you can create a sub-domain of frihost with something.frih.net.

Now that becomes your domain. Using that as the domain you can create unlimited sub-domains.
alkutob
eku53ru wrote:
I'm not sure if this will help you understand (I'm a bit bad at explanations), but I'll try anyway. =)

When you first sign up with Frihost for a hosting account, you're given your main website address, which people access through whatever.frih.net (or frihost.net, depending on when you signed up for the account). This is the subdomain that's accessible to the rest of the world (since your account will be a subdomain of Frihost).

In addition to that, you can also add subdomains to that account - if you want your blog (let's say you have one) to have its own section of the site, you can add on a subdomain called "blog." If you want people to access it, you direct them to blog.whatever.frih.net - it's that underlined chunk in front of your normal subdomain that is the "unlimited subdomains."

Although you may have one actual subdomain/account, you can split that subdomain into as many sections as you want.

I hope that helps. Smile

Yes it is clear now ... but my second question is :

How can I add unlimitted subdomains with only 250 MB Disk space ...
Do the subdomains affect the usage of 250 MB ?

Suppose I create a subdomain named Site
so it will appear in my domain as site.alkutob-jordan.frih.net
And this subdomain needs MySQL database ,, so how can I mention the new database to this new subdomain ... to be related to each other ?

Thank you my friend eku53ru ... I think I bothered you
Blaster
The domain names thing is just like email. You can have 640854028043 acconts but it will use up disk space.
alkutob
Blaster wrote:
You get one free subdomain. www.yoursitename.frih.net Then you can have some like www.[b]forum.yoursitename.frih.net that is the differeence. Do you get it now?

Yes Blaster I got it but I have a problem with something :

my forum which is considered a subdomain in my domain has this link
http://alkutob-jordan.frih.net/forum
but if I put the address like this
http://forum.alkutob-jordan.frih.net the link takes me to ( can not be displayed page )
And this happen when I try to go to
http://cp.alkutob-jordan.frih.net
So if I create any other subdomain ( site ) should it work as
http://site.alkutob-jordan.frih.net or
http://alkutob-jordan.frih.net/site

And please Blaster I have posted in my previous reply in this thread a question to eku53ru which is ( How can I add unlimitted subdomains with only 250 MB Desk space ...
Do the subdomains affect the usage of 250 MB ?

Suppose I create a subdomain named Site
so it will appear in my domain as site.alkutob-jordan.frih.net
And this subdomain needs MySQL database ,, so how can I mention the new database to this new subdomain ... to be related to each other ? )

I need explanation to these questions ..Please

Thank you[/b]
Blaster
Well you have to go to subdomain management and put it in there. Make sure you have one. The subdomain it self should not tak up any space. The stuff in it does.
alkutob
Blaster :

I created a subdomain which is

http://site.alkutob-jordan.frih.net

How can I make a database related to this site

if I make alkutob_site can this be related to the subdomain ( site )

And please give me answers for the rest of my questions in the previous reply ( if you can ) and realy I appreciate your effort

Thank you
n0obie4life
You don't need to do that..it's a subdomain o.O.

Everything is still under your main account.
alkutob
n0obie4life wrote:
You don't need to do that..it's a subdomain o.O.

Everything is still under your main account.

Ok ,, but can I install Mambo in this subdomain without affect the size of the disk space...
Am I right ?

Thank you n0obie4life
smartbei
Since it is just a subdomain, and a part of your account at Frihost it will take up some of your disk space.
alkutob
So ..... how it comes .... unlimited subdomains ... is it away of redirection to adomain I have so to be related to my domain in frih.

I still wonder ...

thank you all
pontopt
I'm not sure if I will explain right, but... :

There is a domain:
www.frih.net (which belongs to FriHost)

You get access to one sub-domain:
www.yoursite.frih.net

You can set unlimited sub-sub-domains:
www.whatyouwant.yoursite.frih.net

Now, the sub-sub-domains act like folders (I think)
n0obie4life
ponopt, yes, you are correct.

Someday, we should change it to "Unlimited Fourth-Level Domains".
alkutob
n0obie4life wrote:
ponopt, yes, you are correct.

Someday, we should change it to "Unlimited Fourth-Level Domains".

n0obie4life

Do you scoff ? I feel your answer like a derision in my query ?

Anyway ... thank you
DoctorBeaver
Alkutob - no0bie wasn't scoffing. 4th-level is just another way of describing sub-domains (although, personally, I think they're better descibed as 3rd level - frih.net being level 1, yoursite.frih.net being level 2 and subdomain.yoursite.frih.net being 3rd level.)
n0obie4life
alkutob, no I wasn't trying to do that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Smile.
alkutob
DoctorBeaver wrote:
Alkutob - no0bie wasn't scoffing. 4th-level is just another way of describing sub-domains (although, personally, I think they're better descibed as 3rd level - frih.net being level 1, yoursite.frih.net being level 2 and subdomain.yoursite.frih.net being 3rd level.)

I think it will be more clear to describe domains and subdomains ...and I am so sorry about the misunderstanding

n0obie4life wrote:

Quote:
alkutob, no I wasn't trying to do that.

Sorry for the misunderstanding .

I am so sorry n0obie4life ... it was a precicipitation and a misunderstanding ...please forgive me my friend