FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

do you love your job?

yisou
what are you doing now ?
do you love it?
about me : i am a student
Shike
I am a Librarian at a state university in michigan

I love it.
Pyxel
I am a waiter at TGI Fridays. I love it very much because I meet awesome people every day, I get to have a good time, kick back and chill with friends, and I get paid for it. The more friendly I am (I try to be very friendly every day, but not over the top) the more money I get. Tips are huge because over half the people that come there come to get a drink and have fun and then before you know it, they are leaving you a twenty dollar tip.

The people I work with are awesome. On avarage, I make about 50-100 dollars a shift.

Sure it has its downs, but the ups outweigh it by a longshot!
pennykia
my job isnt like nice. cant say hate it but it isnt entertaining. Boring Sad
bluefossil
I like the people I work with. I think that's more important than what i'm actually doing as my position. It makes a huge difference if you work with your team well.
I am technical architect for PeopleSoft <-- BORING!
rainynightstarz
Student.
Loving it at school.
hating it for the test and hw. Crying or Very sad
canning83
I am in the Network Maarketing business and honestly love every day.

If you would like to own your own business and be time rich aswell and money rich then this may be the industry for you.

Email me on canning83@hotmail.com and I can tell you how to get involved and what opportunities are available for you.

Trust me: you will not be disappointed!
Rick_T
I'm a mainframe programmer analyst. Doing mostly batch processing at times it's boring but overall I love it. Any type of programming I love. I treat as a game; It's me against the computer.... Sometimes I win!

The important thing is to do something you love cause then you are getting paid for playing around and having fun. If you are getting paid for something and don't like what you are doing then it is a JOB!
mrbreaker
Working as a Check In Agent for Lufthansa, Nice job, nice colleagues, shitty prospectives!
djcaution
I luv my job! I'm a work as tech support for an ISP & help people through chat. I just recently figured out that if I have my headphones connected to the pc with the volume cranked & set up the program so that it plays an annoying sound from anywhere on the computer whenever I get an incoming chat, I can sleep all I want inbetween chats & never miss a chat!!!! Laughing I'm a genius Cool
webapp
Its just a job it pays the bills thats all...
ColdFire
im not really happy about my job, i mean im a programmer but my boss' secretary is earning way higher than me! now thats really disappointing.

i thought about finding a new job but i've grown to like the people i work with. that makes it hard to leave.
WebSiteGuru
I loved my job. But currently not getting enough pay. Sad I will thou.
S3nd K3ys
I'm a CNC Programmer/Machinist. I make OK money at it (~65k or better annually).

I love my job. I look forward to going to work almost every day. It's nice to have a job you love. Makes it easy to be good at it. Wink
time_ar
I am a graduate student also working as a research assistant. I majored in Electrical Engineering. I like my job but also look forward to some real experience in industry.
teh_razz
i am an acountant at a small bank and i love my work Cool Cool
Yukon
Bah! My being a manager at a Alabama based video rental establishment has about ZERO perks to it. They make you work over 50 hours a week but pay for only 40 of them. No overtime, no pay bonus for managing 2 stores. I swear this place will be the death of me.
prepkid
Hahaha...

Although only in 8th grade, I tutor at an educational institute. I get good pay, but my mom takes it all :p

Also, last week, I have started to teach this lady computer- wow, was she horribly new to the world of computers! She hardly could locate the white arrow of the mouse, and had me explaining for minutes about why she cannot click the right hand button to select something.
Jeff_vella_leone
I am a waiter and personally i love it and it gives me much free time for gaming too so i cant love it more than that
I even get paid well considering the other waiters in other hotels here in my country. Smile
cnnet
I'm a student now
but I already have my work
and I like my job very much Wink
ratish.prakash@gmail.com
I am a accountant crunching numbers everyday
computeraki
I am unemployed and spend my whole day surfing on the web. It is perfect as long as you have money to support yourself. In fact I am thinking of changing my job title to freelance (****something***). It has more style and prestige. I can even print some business cards.
DopeyCriz
FreeLance WebDesigner

Part Time Car Mechanics

College Student

Undercover Lead (Polices forces me to do this "community services, my ass.") Sad

~DopeyCriz
menhao
I am a student in ME, and i will be a PhD student in another University,
It is little complicated of my current feeling of my major,

yet i guess on the major part, I love my job.
Satori
I am a glass artist. I work with molten glass all day and I love it! Beats working for someone else! It does have it's ups and downs...but I wouldn't trade it for any other job!
indecisive
I'm currently a student but I've got a job at Pizza Hut. I don't really like the job itself and ontop of that, I get low pay but then again...I like the people that I work with...sometimes that's what matters most
silvershadows
I am a student but am working for a majour company helping there lead developers on a multi platform project. Its slightly tiring. But fun and should lead to some majour s upon graduation.
rasinman2000
The answer is yes. I do what I enjoy and any time you can get paid to do somthing that you enjoy its like Tony The Tiger used to say
It's great
plantacja
WebSiteGuru wrote:
I loved my job. But currently not getting enough pay. Sad I will thou.

same here ;/
Marston
My job is not having a job.

It's pretty sweet, but the income sucks.
gaus4all
I love everything on my Job cause it's a new...
jellepellee
I'm a student!

I like it!

but I hate the homework..
jellepellee
gaus4all wrote:
I love everything on my Job cause it's a new...

yes me too.. I Like it! Cool
Lonelyhut
I am still a student now. Very Happy
Of course, there are some advantages and drawbacks on the job, but mostly I like my job.
As a student, I can do many things I want to do. I can go shopping without any burden, I can study without so much financial pressure, I can make friends with lots of people of my age. However, the most drawback is to study harder for high diploma, which is the worst problem in such a competetive world.
zanderzone
im a dj and i own my own production company and i love it, i meet new and old people and celebs. so u knows its all good
imera
I am still a student but I have a part time job in a flower shop. I love it quite much, but I dont want to work in a flower shop all the time. I have planed to be a college professor, still need to go to school. I love to learn things to other people, when they understand me I et really happy. And also, I will meet challenges and new people often.
bugra9
I'm a student. I like it
standready
Rick_T wrote:
!The important thing is to do something you love cause then you are getting paid for playing around and having fun. If you are getting paid for something and don't like what you are doing then it is a JOB!

So True. Ask yourself this question "Would you do it for free?".
I own my own business and do freelance mechanical engineering as a side job til business picks up.
budazz
I love my work in the bank /// i learned many things around it..
solomon
I had two jobs this summer.
The one was a park counselor for 6 weeks, I loved it. It was my 3rd time doing it.
The other job was working as a cashier. Hated it, I quit.

Now I have no more jobs. I want to try and get some money using google adsense but need to make a site that actually gets traffic.

Smile
songsalways
- Web programmer
- Student
- Social worker [Part time]
- Freelancer [Part time]

Mainly i am a web programmer. I do back end server scripting. Its actually good for me. I love it but i would give it 70 out of 100. Basically i m the student of literature so i get diverted sometimes.
For the rest, student: i feel good, social worker and freelancer: also feel good.

Concludingly, i love my work.
girlcalledjay
Do I love my job? No, but I like the people I work with and I like the company I work for. I am treated well and work reasonable hours.

What I DO love about my job is that it is relatively stress free and I can leave the worries of my work at work and enjoy my personal time.

I LOVE my friends and family. My husband and my dogs. I love to walk on the beach and pake photos of whatever I see.

I like my job, I LOVE my life. Don't live to work, work to live.
bytebase
i'm a software engineer, take charge in system analysis/design.
fields: mis, nms, and migration platform(now).

i love my job, it's the focus of my life.

bytebase
coozy
I am a student. I am very happy but exams are very hard Evil or Very Mad .
I want to finish school. Laughing
thealpha
I am a student also. i love my jobs very much since my subject is suitable for me. I think study is a good occupation since I may increase my personal knowledge,and also I enjoy the school life with my schoolmates.
douzy
I don't really love my job because it takes up all my time yet doesn't pay anything. I'm going back to school next session.
PowermoonUSA
hehe

Oh yes, i love my job.

Ive started in the production in our factory in germany 2,5 years ago and now i am the Vice President of our newest company in the USA. The company pays my house, my car, and so on.... My boss asked me if i am interested to do this and i said YES.

OF COURSE - i like my new job.
wendy86
I love my job very much, I work as a advertising designer ....
pawdster
I do freelance work. I like It but Its hell not knowing when the next paycheck arrives. I often experience costumers not paying on time. And.. I mean.. I have to pay my rent on time. Right now I work for a scool, s theres no problem with the pay. What I mean is: clients must pay on time. yeah right.
evilryu530
yes i love my job, i am a graphic designer for the most part, but i do a lot of marketing, architectural and sometimes civil engineering drawings also (assisting civil engineers mostly). web i like art, and i enjoy creating. i do web and photography. a little bit of sales. yes i could have been a dentist or somthing that paid way more, but i wouldn't be satified not knowing to follow my dream...
roberpro
I like my job althought not all people think the same.I work in the army and i meet lot of new people and you have the oportunity of visit new countries and see their lifes style.This job has a good remuneration but it could be dangerous in some aspects
LeahDee
I am definitely work on a beautiful beach for a private bay club as a beach attendant. who could complain about that....or the tips we get Smile
if you are looking for a job just to get some money, hotel and restort jobs are the way to go
aFamous
i am a student i love my job Razz Dancing
Afaceinthematrix
No, I don't like my job but I just have a part time job because I'm still a student. I want to major in either mathematics or physics. If I major in physics, I want to work in a lab or do something cool like that. If I get a math major I'll end up being a math teacher. But I'm pretty sure i'll end up getting a physics major because I've always wanted to work in a lb. Anyone have any suggestions?
welshsteve
I'm a web developer for a local IT and Marketing firm. We have clients all over the UK. It's my first web development role and I'm loving every minute of it. My company are payig for me to do the Web Professional Plus course from ITLearnEasy (CBT Direct company), which is great.
seagullspirit
Since I'm a student and I'm all on my own I have to work to pay for the university fees and everything else.

As far as my job goes I work for an ISP and even tho it doesn't pay all that good I like it cause I work with friends and I got the chance to do somethin that I like, at least atm, which in my case is networking Wink
crasso
I'm a programmer but last two years I'm working in the heating and air-conditioning company. My programming job is suffered because of my regular jobs here (ordering, contacting and billing) but I hope in the next year I would devote to software I'm working on nearly two years.

On that way I hope my financial status would be better also.
illegalhost
Yeah, but money and interest for job is important. But what happens when you have a bond in your company for one year, BUT you are bored with your job though the interest is still there, and you are left wondering if you should give up the bond and find another job?? That's a tough one ay! Heh. Any suggestions?
James Yu
I am a network engineer working in a 24X7 network operating centre, provide support for escalation calls.... in theory....

Any call could came to my queue, cranky customer will throw whatever they believe to me for support.

A typical call:

"...hey...what the hell is going on...? I can still see google page, but I can't use MSN, what the $%## should I do?"

but in general,I love my job, night shift is used for learning and watching movies, and get paid extra money for it~

love this job, even sometimes night shift made me headache.
palavra
i love my job Cool
mysteriousxxstranger
I am a makeup artist. Yes, I love my job. =) It's always changing. I wandered around for about 1 year, wasted 1 semester of college, and discovered that the college internet was much more fun than class in order to realize that I had a short attention span. Neutral So I just researched up "jobs with variety" and the 2 answers that I liked were flight attendant and makeup artist. I tried flight attendant...I'm too young by 4 years. So makeup artistry is great for me. ^^
UnikeViruz
I dont have a job Very Happy
I actually joined the army so they will pay for my school and everything.
I get enough money from them I dont really need a job....
But some extra money on the side, I wouldnt mind it Very Happy
I love it Very Happy
dooble.doodles
Don't know ... it seems to depend on when you ask

I'm an engineer..
I design communication systems.
The business pressures sometimes make it less fun.
So... depends on the day... or sometimes minute you ask.
fashioncrimewave
No.

I'm an engineer / scientist at a big company. Big companies have good benefits, but the politics are terrible. I rarely have a good reason for doing anything, except that someone told me to. Innovation and honesty are not rewarded.

I'll be finished with my physics PhD in a few months, then I'm going to job shop.
sm6eat
fashioncrimewave wrote:
No.

I'm an engineer / scientist at a big company. Big companies have good benefits, but the politics are terrible. I rarely have a good reason for doing anything, except that someone told me to. Innovation and honesty are not rewarded.

I'll be finished with my physics PhD in a few months, then I'm going to job shop.

I know what you men. The bigger the worse... My company (Glass factory) was small when i started there but know it has been bought by bigger company (Rexam packaging).
tingkagol
sm6eat wrote:
fashioncrimewave wrote:
No.

I know what you men. The bigger the worse... My company (Glass factory) was small when i started there but know it has been bought by bigger company (Rexam packaging).

hey, i also work at a glass plant. there's always the politics, but i don't mind that. i wallow in mediocrity. the work's not that hard either. i'm a planner. i don't give a damn about a promotion. just... increase my salary.
dzign
I'm working as a teacher and design freelancer. I love both of my works as they are mutually related. I design to improve my skill for teaching and I teach to improve my skill for designing Smile

When I teach, I can grab some examples from what I have done in freelance design work

When I design, I can grab the idea from what I teach and I learnt when the student as me question

So, it is mutual relationship work Smile
marrs
After a few years working at Mc D cos I didn't speak any German I now work at my uncle charity.

I am based up in the mountains and look after disabled people on a farm.

Summer is HOT
Winter is FUN

Sometimes its not the money what is important its your state of mind..
Mr_CEO
I have a cool job, I work for an Engineering Company as a level 2 engineer. We call it the Value add department. The level 1 engineers design, and our team make their designs better and more affordable for our customers. Then we actually get to do some of the assembly work too so it's cool to have our hands on equipment that is sometimes sold to NASA or large name corporations. Laughing
shanki
I'm a college student but study abord.
i love my life, hard but happy
Heart Ticket
yisou wrote:
what are you doing now ?
do you love it?
about me : i am a student

Well i'm a student and i really hate it....

James
mseiyai
In africa we love jobs that pay a lot cause money is everyting in this part of the world!
webthaman
Currently i am working at KCMIT College at Kathmandu Nepal. I love my job. I am teaching for the BBA (Bachelor for Business Administration) 5th Semester.Students are so closed to me. They treat them as my friends. The faculty members are great. The environment of the college is friendly.
I love my job.
Naberius
I'm a high power radio technician working for dept of defence as a civilian,

Some days I love it others I hate it.
bigdan
I'm a contractor for Media Monitors Australia, and I work from home. The early starts (I wake up at 5.30am, start at 6.30am) aren't a problem, I was up at that time when I was going to school. But some of the crap on local radio.....oh gawd, they're annoying. Mad But, apart from that, it's interesting, at least I get informed one way or another. Razz Smile
greatfire
Im a dishwasher/student. I dont mind being a dishwasher, it pays quite well.
kevin briggs
by trade i am a joiner,but at the moment i am working in a warehouse picking orders and driving forklift trucks.i like the work but i hate routine.think i might go back to joinery for a wider selection of work.
evilryu530
i am a graphic designer for an engineering firm

i hate my job most of the time, the pay is good though and benefits.
geekbackpacker
bluefossil wrote:
I like the people I work with. I think that's more important than what i'm actually doing as my position. It makes a huge difference if you work with your team well.
I am technical architect for PeopleSoft <-- BORING!

what is your job description?
are you master on yo job?

DopeyCriz wrote:
FreeLance WebDesigner

how did you find the customer?

bytebase wrote:
i'm a software engineer, take charge in system analysis/design.
fields: mis, nms, and migration platform(now).

i love my job, it's the focus of my life.

bytebase

can you suggest me any book to read about Software Engineering

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
No, I don't like my job but I just have a part time job because I'm still a student. I want to major in either mathematics or physics. If I major in physics, I want to work in a lab or do something cool like that. If I get a math major I'll end up being a math teacher. But I'm pretty sure i'll end up getting a physics major because I've always wanted to work in a lb. Anyone have any suggestions?

seem not challenging better u b mathematician but there is no vacancy now Sad

James Yu wrote:
I am a network engineer working in a 24X7 network operating centre, provide support for escalation calls.... in theory....

Any call could came to my queue, cranky customer will throw whatever they believe to me for support.

A typical call:

"...hey...what the hell is going on...? I can still see google page, but I can't use MSN, what the $%## should I do?"

but in general,I love my job, night shift is used for learning and watching movies, and get paid extra money for it~

love this job, even sometimes night shift made me headache.

r u CCNA?
pravojednostavno
Cool I love my job: lots of communication, people from all over the world - I could do it forever, but I feel that I took everything from my position and there is no space for improving, yes, it is in general not true, but I do not want to be receptionist with knowledge of engineer, I want to learn vessels from another point of view, so, having a good position with appropriate salary I'm seeking for new horizons: that is my coping mechanism in this world, I steer, not drift. Razz
msfarsa
Yes i love my job so nice, i try to work so much better and hard as possible for my job. So that get attention of my boss positively. Very Happy
markharris
I work as an online marketing manager, and i love my job