FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fields appearing in URL address bar

DoctorBeaver
When I click on the submit button on a form the correct page loads; but contained in the URL in the browser address bar are the values for all the fields in the form.

Obviously I don't want that happening. What causes that and what, if anything, can I do about it?

The form is written in Javascript on a .php page and it loads another .php page.
Atomo64
you have to use the POST method in the form: e.g. <form action="file.php" method="post">

and then in the PHP script you have to use the $_POST superglobal var in order to retrieve the values instead of using $_GET ... but if you are not using any of those vars then your script is most likely to be unsafe if you are using the register_globals feature
DoctorBeaver
I've changed form method from GET to POST and the values are still appearing in the URL bar. Plus when I try to display them in the page that's called (using echo $_POST['whatever']Wink, they're all blank.

UPDATE

Sorted. It was down to browser cache. It wasn't loading the new version of the form. I closed the browser, re-opened it & tried again, and it worked.