FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

This is really weird!

DoctorBeaver
I've no explanation for this at all.

I use php includes in all my pages for the menus and they work fine. I've got a page that includes a file called registration_form.txt. That loads fine too. However, on another page I tried to include extradetails.txt and kept getting errors saying the file wasn't found. I hadn't mis-typed anything, the file was there... but it just wouldn't work.

I knew the call to registration_form.txt worked, so I changed the call to be to extradetails.txt. I got the errors again. I changed it back to registration_form.txt and it worked again.

That got me wondering; so I changed the name of the txt file to profile.txt and it worked! Just to make it hadn't been a typing error, I changed the name back to extradetails.txt and it stopped working.

Can anyone offer any kind of explanation as to why trying to include a file called extradetails.txt doesn't work yet using exactly the same coding but with the name changed to profile.txt works perfectly?
Stubru Freak
Maybe a mod_rewrite or something?
cafefort
Hi doctor Smile

I think about these 2 possibilities:

1) You didn't respect the "case", I mean uppercase und undercase
letters in your filenames (that happens even for the most intelligent
amongs us Smile )

2) The path to the extradetails.txt file isn't correct relatively to the calling
script and there's another file prfile.txt which exists in the expected directory.

That's what I see for the moment.

Hope this helps
DoctorBeaver
I don't know; but I've just tried it again and I get exactly the same thing.