FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how much music do you have?

how much music?
less than 1GB
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
1GB-1.5GB
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
2-3GB
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
4GB or more
69%
 69%  [ 37 ]
Total Votes : 53

Srs2388
how much music do you guys have on you HD as of now?
rip8fan1
I'm old fashioned I guess. I have all my music on CDs, LPs, Cassettes, 8-tracks, Reels, etc.

I can always pop in a CD into the computer if I want to hear it through those awful speakers, but why would I? I have a super duper mega watt Pioneer Stereo with 8 awesome speakers, to play ALL my different types of music!

Anyway, I have over 2,000 combined of the above items - mostly CDs and LPs.
Josso
4.09GB at the moment. I have a lot of music because I like to listen to it on my hard drive (due to my 7.1 speaker setup and good speakers). I've been meaning to burn off all of them as CD's. This is the most it get's to at it's peak unfortunatly but I'm not that fussed. I have a 250GB hard drive and it copes with it.
Srs2388
thats alot of music i have like 2.5 GB lol
i need to get more music
i did have 3 but i had a system crash and dind't have all of it backed up
just 2GB worth backed up
kinda sucked
todabeat
Well, i got about 7.8 gb. on my hard drive. Plus i have 180+ CD
Yantaal
rip8fan1 wrote:
I'm old fashioned I guess. I have all my music on CDs, LPs, Cassettes, 8-tracks, Reels, etc.

I can always pop in a CD into the computer if I want to hear it through those awful speakers, but why would I? I have a super duper mega watt Pioneer Stereo with 8 awesome speakers, to play ALL my different types of music!

agreed, CD's and Lp's all the way, you quit esimply dont get the sound quality with CD's that you do with a good old fashioned vinyl. doesant come close
Blaster
On my computer 585 MB but that is due to little hd space. Now I have a second hd in there so I will have a lot. On my mp3 player I have something like 3.53 GBs
yupeng
I don't have much music in my HD,only a few songs.
About 400s.
Brakdûr
I have 32 GB MP3's on my PC. But what does this mean? I think it doesn´t mean alot. If somebody is satisfied with mp3's encoded with 64 he will not need a lot of space, but in my case there are a lot of songs which are encoded with 320, the most with 192. so they use more space.
But I have to tell you, all mp3's are from my own CD's. no P2P, or something licke that. Every song ripped by me Smile

Greetings
babaoriley821
I have 8 gigs on my computer at the moment and this is after I cleaned out all the crap I never listen to anymore.

I'm still confused about where all of it came from.
technospecial
i have over 5 GB just only music driver but it a thai-music more than international-music
oneightwo
i have 22GB including Music Videos
stormybaka
All my songs are somewhat compressed by 2/3's, but I have a cool collection... Twisted Evil
Konfunderad
I have about 20 gb on my computer, most of it encoded in 192 kb/s or more, but some accidently encoded in less than 192.
pawelsz
A total of 168 MB Very Happy I don't have music on HDD, when I'm listening to it I just play it from audio CDs. Audio CD offers better quality than MP3s. And I haven't got too much free space on my hard drives Wink Of course, there is about 12 gigabytes but now the games use really much of the space. I have around 30 Audio CDs, but I have all music I like on them and I don't have need to got more music...
Sickness
I've got a total of 18,3 GB of music in my HDD... Embarassed Confused
Insanity
I have like 4 GB on my hard drive... and like 15 GB on my MP3 player. I used to have a small 30 GB HDD on my computer so I had to delete some to make room for other stuff... most of it's still on my MP3 though, so I can just transfer back when I get a bigger HDD.
Bernard
Near now to 140Go most in AAC 128 but about 20% in 192 mp3. No I don't listen music that much, it's just that I listen music since a long time and put it all on HD. In fact 140Go isn't that much, arround 2000 albums only.
molif
NONE..

just reformated my comp...

BLEAAHHH!!!

i'd lost all my songs.. WTH..
Pikokola
about 30.gigs XD

20% Indonesian Music,
40% Japanesse Music, Anime Soundtrack, Etc
the others is etc, yeah, what must I call it, Western music, american.. and many more XD
alex_ru
I have about 30Gb music in nice quality on my HDD and about 500 CD with rare bands and releases.+ 100 DVD with live sets , rock concerts.
Michael B
There was no correct option form me, I have none.

I like music and can play the piano a bit, but I have never put any music on my computer for a long time. I only do one thing at a time I suposes. There is no lack of music I could add as well, I once worked out there is about 50 gb of muice on CDs that I could put on my computer if I wanted it.
shadeR
music is my job, so i've got around 60GB of different music...

but i'm thinking of formatting my HD..Smile
elekis
certainly more than 4 giga.
I have 3500 mp3(ogg) on my first disk

a++
rybakfanfiction
Ive got about 70 CDs, and goodness knows how many LPs.
ml
about 19.1 GB in 125 Albums / Samplers
mostly rock / metal
Hippie
i'm with ml. Thats the way to make a collection. Rock and metal 20Gb? We have much to learn, I am a measley 13Gb.....
matraxion
umm..exactly 20 gb.
Jim_the_cat
I only have 40 songs!
(less than a GB)

I just started out, (my highest recored of songs on a HD was 260)
xorcist
I had like 2-3GB or songs but I took most of it off my computer and put them most of them on some disk key thing.
evestor
I have way over 4 GB of mp3's but like someone above posted...doesnt really mean anything. I usually just rip the stuff I already own and store it to listen to while I am gaming or editing.
meaniegeanies
Yes, I have loads of music. Last time I checked it was something like 35000 songs circa 80Gb
Sebaci
I dont mave much music. Only a few hundreds of megabytes. I listen polish hip-hop, of course
IAMED_2
I have about 6GB but I hardly listen to most of it. The music that I actually listen to is probably a third of that.
Rank-1
I just reformatted my pc 1 week ago, so now i have only 5gb of music
dz9c
meaniegeanies wrote:
Yes, I have loads of music. Last time I checked it was something like 35000 songs circa 80Gb

I highly doubt that unless you work for some record company or something.
Nologico
oomph.. 70ish GB's... Wink
9/10 NME
Well I own about 550 cds, so that's probably quite a few megs right there
SkyBurner
i have almost 1GB so i am not match for u ppl
Master-
I have a collection of 16,78GB Ogg and MP3 files in my Harddrive.

Total amount of songs: 2911
Runtime: 8 days, 05:51:56 Laughing
sangook
i got about 10G and i'm starting to have some hard drive problem....
so messed up!!!
HDirtwater
This is probably the topic that has made me feel the most old of any I have read recently. When I saw the poll question, I immediately took a quick inventory of my cds. Oy. Rolling Eyes

I do have some music on the PC, but only 50-60 songs to play when my cd drive is in use.
Bernard
HDirtwater wrote:
This is probably the topic that has made me feel the most old of any I have read recently. When I saw the poll question, I immediately took a quick inventory of my cds. Oy. Rolling Eyes

I do have some music on the PC, but only 50-60 songs to play when my cd drive is in use.

Lol, common if you're at frihost posting message in groups you aren't so much panicked with technology. I have plenty CD too, just store them in a mp3 collection (that allows many pratical stuff from searching to class them by year, by genre, do subgroups, and so one). Eventualy I am older than you let say I am listening music since 20 to 40 years, (prefer keep my exact age for me, arg it's a hint that it isn't that small!)
Artemis11
8.09 GB right now. Thats including comedy stuff (I have 1GB or so of stuff by Bill Hicks, Dane Cook, and others) About 60% of it is rock/punk rock/that type stuff, and the other 40% is soundtracks. (I LOVE soundtracks Very Happy )
Doswa
4507 songs!
runs for 10.7 days
19.40 Gb's!
Very Happy
Subsonic Sound
33.5Gb.

That's 507 albums, 18 days and 17 hours of solid music. Smile

A bit of it is my own, but not that much.
ddukki
Checking my Windows Media Player Library, I have about 6.15 GB of music on my HDD right now. I think it's safe to say I have a hundred or so more MB lying around somewhere other than My Music, but it's a close estimate.
missmurder
Well right now I have 4.9 gb, but I am going to wipe it all out and re-upload and download all of my music, cause i havent updated it in a long time, and some of it has gotten unorganized (and its easier from me to just start from scratch than organize it...hehe)
Artelis
826gigs
roughly 129,000 songs.
My cd library is extensive.
fireydeviant
25 GBs in mostly 320 kbps. 3400 or so songs.

Alternative, Classical, Metal(Death, goth, black, hardcore, nu, etc.), rap, industrial, rock, punk rock, ska, techno, electronica, vocals.

It is always growing of course. My ipod is only 20gbs. Planning on moving to a 60gb soon.
mikemao
rip8fan1 wrote:

Pioneer is not close to what you can call a good hifi system, and why do you hav e 8 speakers when cd's, lp's......only comes in stereo?
you just destroying your music with that amont of speakers!
mikemao
rip8fan1 wrote:

and it's not the watt who gives you good sound! It's a combined thing from the pick up on your lp player out to the elements in your speaker!