FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Untaring files in DirectAdmin [SOLVED]

smartbei
I have looked everywhere and I can't seem to find instructions on how to do this. How do I untar .tar.gz files in DirectAdmin? I have read the unfortunately you can't do zips, but that you can untar files... How do you do it?
mathiaus
Quote:
How do I uncompress a ZIP file in DirectAdmin?
You can't. Even so, DirectAdmin still allows you to uncompress .tar.gz files. To create these files, use 7-Zip (a freeware archiving program available [a href=http://www.7-zip.org/]here[/a]). First uncompress your ZIP file. Next, open 7-Zip, select your files and click 'Add'. Choose 'Tar' under the archive format. Once this is completed, choose the tar file, click 'Add', and choose 'GZip'. The resulting file will be called something like [filename].tar.gz. Upload this, and DirectAdmin will allow you to extract it.

To extract view your files in Direct admin. Find the file and to the left you should see extract as an option. click!
smartbei
OMG...I can't believe I didn't see that earlier...Thanks.

Now I have another issue with the Joomla install...goto smartbei.frih.net to see that (scroll down) "Directory and File Permissions:" all of them are unwritable. I have checked the permissioin (CHMod) settings and in some places they are 755, but it still isn't able to write to them. Any ideas?

EDIT: SOLVED