FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What are Hobbies Meant For ?

srikanthsonti
Whats your opinion about hobbies are they good or bad to you Question .

what they are really meant for Question post your own opinion about this thing
Catastrophic Fairy
Well, in my oppinion, having a hobby or three can be a good thing, as long as you don't over do it. :3 For example! You have a job that you work at from 8 AM till 5 PM, and you get ready earily to paint a little on a picture you have been working on. Now, for the third time that week, you've gone to work at 10 AM due to losing track of time painting. THAT is a bad thing! D: But if you take time after work, and work on your painting, maybe after dinner or something, then go to bed at a reasonable hour, that is good. For it will keep you happy and relax you after having a busy day at work. ^^

In short: It is a good thing, as long as you don't let it override your life. :3

Now, as far as what they are meant for? They are meant to give you some sort of joy outside of your work life. :3 They often serve to relax and help keep you from burning out mentally. At least, that is what I think. >.>;
ocalhoun
They keep you too busy to think about the hard truth: your life has no purpose.
Gieter
ocalhoun wrote:

Well, maybe life in general has no purpose, but I think people should determine what the purposes of their life are.

About hobbies: you learn something new, you get to know other people, it's fun, if it's a sport it's healthy, it's a great way to spend your spare time, and if you're really lucky you can make your profession out of it (a cliché, I know.)

Is posting on Frihost forums qualified as a hobby? Smile
ladyrobina
Gieter wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Well, maybe life in general has no purpose, but I think people should determine what the purposes of their life are.

About hobbies: you learn something new, you get to know other people, it's fun, if it's a sport it's healthy, it's a great way to spend your spare time, and if you're really lucky you can make your profession out of it (a cliché, I know.)

Is posting on Frihost forums qualified as a hobby? :)

I'm pretty sure it does. Just don't let it take over your life. lol
Gieter
ladyrobina wrote:
Gieter wrote:
ocalhoun wrote:

Is posting on Frihost forums qualified as a hobby? Smile

I'm pretty sure it does. Just don't let it take over your life. lol

I'll ease down with posting if I spend more time posting than spending time with my girlfriend. A good criterion I think. Wink

PS: why do so many guys love women so much? You can't post on them!
xkarenflowerx
hobbies. . to induce beta-endorphins at a steady rate, unlike when sugar is eaten.

:)

and it's escapism!! and just. . something to do, other than think. although crochet is a very thoughtful activity, and still productive.
Crinoid
Affordable substitutes of the more deep and interesting life. And when it is your choice to do or not to do that, not being under obligation.
shkumbin
A hobbie is supposed to make you feel good, it something you are passionate about and want to be better at, like playing a guitar/piano or skateboarding... I started to learn to play the guitar just out of cuoriosity and now I'm loving it so much, even simple things like frezbie is supoosedly fun Smile
lethaltriad
I think just like everything once you dont do sometime too much it can be good. Hobbies for me is a way to relax and do something out of the norm that can keep my attention and keep me busy and mostly something that i love doing.
deanhills
I think hobbies are not meant to be anything other than what they are, i.e. interests that are separate from a job/business with which you can relax with. Some of the hobbies can be quite expensive, like flying airplanes, others are quite effortless, like stamp collecting, cooking etc. Sometimes hobbies become businesses, as hobbies are usually a way that one explores what you like to do. For example someone who likes to do scubadiving may get to be so good at it, that they start with giving lessons, and before they know it, they start their own business.
hamza1122
I think its pretty obvious, well not really. I think hobbies are supposed to keep you entertained and keep your mind on something. It also helps to guide you in the future as you can pursue a career in the field of your hobby. =]
bigt
srikanthsonti wrote:
Whats your opinion about hobbies are they good or bad to you Question .

what they are really meant for Question post your own opinion about this thing

I think hobbies are meant to give one an out and/or something to make one happy in his spare time. Hobbies are something you love to do even if you don't get paid for doing it. Maybe you're stuck in a dead-end job and have a great hobby. You can probably take that hobby and turn it into work you love. Some or all of the best business people out there just took their hobby and made it into their day job.
wanshi
Everyone should have a hobby at least. I think hobby just is what u would like to do. For me, basketball and surfing the net are my favorite. As we know, sport is good for ones health. But to me,it's a hobby. When I see someone playing ball, I wanna join in. When I wath NBA ,I wanna touch the ball.Just it is a kind of passion .Hobby whatever it is will put ur body in a different situation . So ur body is relaxed and a colorful life it is.
Greatking
hobbies makes life interesting. something you love doing. keeps you out of trouble. some have acquired lifetime skills out of hobbies. they have become better at one thing because of their hobbies. i love singing and listening to music. i never thought it would lead me to the stage to sing to many people. i guess its not really a hobby anymore but something i would like to take very serious. reading is another of my hobbies. i love to read, i never imagined it would lead to speaking eloquently or writing letters etc. i speak and people say your english is good. and i tell them not yet. cause i need more training. but at least the hobby i took up has paid off. i believe its good to have one or two hobbies. its makes you a better person. travelling is what i am yet to get into.
jabce85
they put meaning into life
pll
They are there to pass the time.
What would you do without them? Sleep all day?

Some things in life can be veery interesting so why don't you learn more and more about them?
muzikeye
different ppls have different opinion about hobbies
if you ask me then I will simply say its your creative thinking for which you spare some extra time after your hardworking job