FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

530 Login Incorrect

CompactHaven
I'm using FileZilla to connect to my webpage on here. I've been using it with no problems. Now, when I try to connect, It gives me the "530 login incorrect" error.
I'm using port 21, like before.
My FTP is correct.
my password was copied and pasted, so that should be right unless I changed it and forgot,
and finally the sign in name is correct.

Thanks!
Clash
CompactHaven wrote:
My FTP is correct.
my password was copied and pasted, so that should be right unless I changed it and forgot,
and finally the sign in name is correct.Thanks!

You can't copy and paste a password, you just get garbage. If you could copy and paste it successfully, don't you think anyone else could as well?

Not very secure then Razz
johanfh
Of course you can. If you write your password down in a textfile or email you can copy and paste it from the text into the password-form. And someone else can't, because it's YOUR file in YOUR mail or on YOUR computer.

But CompactHeaven, can you log in from the web? You can do that by going to http://www.yoursite.frih.net:2222. If that doesn't work either there is probably something wrong with your password or username on the server. If that does work there is probably something wrong with your ftp-client.

JohanFH
Clash
johanfh wrote:
Of course you can. If you write your password down in a textfile or email you can copy and paste it from the text into the password-form. And someone else can't, because it's YOUR file in YOUR mail or on YOUR computer.
I assumed he copied and pasted it from his FTP program, I've seen people do this thinking it's the password they're copying. The clue was that he didn't know his password, as why else would you copy and paste?

If he wants to check his password, he could try a program like unhide or one of the passware programs that can read passwords. Depends on the OS though. unhide works on win98 and ME and I think on XPSP1.
Animal
Moved to web hosting support forum.
Daniel15
Hi,
Copying and pasting usually results in spaces at the start or end of the password. Paste it into Notepad and see if it's being copied correctly.