FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

need help enabling GD php extension

ammonkc
I'm trying to install PEAR Image_Graph library, but one of the dependencies, Image_Canvas, keeps giving me this error:
Quote:

Ammonkc:/usr/local/php5/lib ammonkc$ pear install --alldeps Image_Canvas-alpha
downloading Image_Canvas-0.3.0.tgz ...
Starting to download Image_Canvas-0.3.0.tgz (43,423 bytes)
............done: 43,423 bytes
downloading Image_Color-1.0.2.tgz ...
Starting to download Image_Color-1.0.2.tgz (7,724 bytes)
...done: 7,724 bytes
'gd' PHP extension is not installed
Image_Color: Dependencies failed

I have the Entropy.ch binary of php5 install which does have gd enabled. I even double checked my phpinfo():
Quote:

GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.28 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.1.9
T1Lib Support enabled
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XBM Support enabled

What am I doing wrong? do I have to enable anything else in php.ini? or maybe give it a path to the GD extension?
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advanced

not sure if this helps, but this is the configure option that the binary was compiled with.
Quote:

'./configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/php5' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/php5/lib' '--with-apxs' '--with-iconv' '--with-openssl=/usr' '--with-zlib=/usr' '--with-mysql=/Users/marc/svn/entropy/php-module/src/mysql-standard-*' '--with-mysqli=/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql_config' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local/php5' '--with-xsl=/usr/local/php5' '--with-pdflib=/usr/local/php5' '--with-pgsql=/Users/marc/svn/entropy/php-module/build/postgresql-build' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/php5' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/php5' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/php5' '--with-t1lib=/usr/local/php5' '--with-imap=../imap-2002d' '--with-imap-ssl=/usr' '--with-gettext=/usr/local/php5' '--with-ming=/Users/marc/svn/entropy/php-module/build/ming-build' '--with-ldap' '--with-mime-magic=/usr/local/php5/etc/magic.mime' '--with-iodbc=/usr' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-expat-dir=/usr/local/php5' '--with-iconv-dir=/usr' '--with-curl=/usr/local/php5' '--enable-exif' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-soap' '--enable-sqlite-utf8' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-dbx' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-calendar' '--with-bz2=/usr' '--with-mcrypt=/usr/local/php5' '--with-mhash=/usr/local/php5' '--with-mssql=/usr/local/php5' '--with-fbsql=/Users/marc/svn/entropy/php-module/build/frontbase-build/Library/FrontBase' '--enable-openbase_module'