FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Possible to change the timezone? (server 2)

jostor
Is it possible for you to change the time setting to GMT +1 (CET) for my account? My website is only visted by people in CET, and it is really annoying to see that time like 7 hours wrong....
Is it some other way to go around it with ini_set, or some global function? (I use times a lot, it would be too big of a job to change all my time()-functions...
Bondings
There is probably a way for you to change that in your scripts. However, I can't change it for the whole server.
Gieter
jostor wrote:
Is it possible for you to change the time setting to GMT +1 (CET) for my account? My website is only visted by people in CET, and it is really annoying to see that time like 7 hours wrong....
Is it some other way to go around it with ini_set, or some global function? (I use times a lot, it would be too big of a job to change all my time()-functions...

I encountered the same problem about six months ago, and it's impossible to change the server time (well, not impossible, but it doesn't makes sense since the server can only have one timezone), so I made a function that gives the correct time back. Just make a function called mytime() and then call it everytime you need it. Smile
Daniel15
I used to use date() functions to show times/dates in my scripts, but now I realise there's a better function: gmdate. This returns the time in GMT. Thus, all we need to do is add our time offset, in seconds, to the time stamp, and we're set:
Code:

<?php
$timeZone = 11;
$timeStamp = time();

gmdate("D, j M Y h:i:s A", time()+($timeZone*3600));
?>

EDIT: Forgot semicolon
alkutob
In my forum the time is fixed on GMT 0.00 while the time in my country GMT +2.00 .

So what can I do exactly if I want it to appear in the correct figure on the forum screen

I have another domain on an other hosting server but everything is Ok .

So ,, is it normal on server 2 or the crash caused this to be .

thank you
mathiaus
As you use PHPbb ...
Login to the admin panel -> general -> Configuration -> display settings -> System Timezone -> select from the dropdown