FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Google: An online payment system, "GBuy"

thiamshui
Take a look at these:
http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/marketinginsider/wpn-50-20060206GoogleTestingPayPalKillerGBuy.html
http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB113918924045565647-olBvfujq9sUoi9Hft8J2kg1pxOE_20070205.html?mod=rss_free

Looks like they are doing an online payment system similar to PayPal.. Scary isn't it? Google is trying to take over everything.. Smile
Stinger
Quote:
Google is trying to take over everything..

yeah its weird maybe in a few years to come they will start making food products lol Razz
manumiglani
google is becoming as dominating as anything. they are trying to get their hands on everything. i do not know weather they would be able to do all these things at the same time.

gmail

google webhosting

gbuy

gdrive
Gieter
I agree with manumiglani. Google's search engine is probably the best, but I doubt if it will remain possible for all their products to excel (like Gmail and GoogleEarth.) I find it also a bit dangerous: one company that stores your searches (Google), your e-mail (although they don't read them, I believe that), other info,... I hope they don't misuse it, else the trust with their customers will be broken and they will end up like Microsoft.

But, we can't complain right now, thanks to them Hotmail and Yahoo increased the space available per e-mailaddress. And Microsoft has to take a worthy opponent into account. Just hope Google won't have a monopoly within a few years...
Helios
Please get back to the subject.

Do you want to talk about 'GBuy' or google?
Bacause if you don't, the topic wil be locked.

Anyway, i'm using paypal, and as many people already said: PayPal is the best.

I guess someone will compare between the two when GBuy will be officially out.
Reaper
Gieter wrote:
I agree with manumiglani. Google's search engine is probably the best, but I doubt if it will remain possible for all their products to excel (like Gmail and GoogleEarth.) I find it also a bit dangerous: one company that stores your searches (Google), your e-mail (although they don't read them, I believe that), other info,... I hope they don't misuse it, else the trust with their customers will be broken and they will end up like Microsoft.

But, we can't complain right now, thanks to them Hotmail and Yahoo increased the space available per e-mailaddress. And Microsoft has to take a worthy opponent into account. Just hope Google won't have a monopoly within a few years...

Yep just like microsoft, billion airs with more money then they can count, plus they get all the hate mail they want yet there still the most popular out there for software because they own a monopoly Smile
ladyrobina
thiamshui wrote:
Take a look at these:
http://www.webpronews.com/insiderreports/marketinginsider/wpn-50-20060206GoogleTestingPayPalKillerGBuy.html
http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB113918924045565647-olBvfujq9sUoi9Hft8J2kg1pxOE_20070205.html?mod=rss_free

Looks like they are doing an online payment system similar to PayPal.. Scary isn't it? Google is trying to take over everything.. :)

That seems to be the way of the business world though. It seems to get sorted into a few giants who dominate everything, and the small businesses struggling to keep going.

I think google is thriving because they do the things they do extremely well.
RhysAndrews
It's like MS and Google are fighting for the title for the universe or something. MS has been releasing lots of new things too, like their "Live!" series (like a new email service, new MSN Messenger, new everything). GBuy sounds interesting.. but really who cares if PayPal is all you need?

-Rhys
clip
probably, people who doesn't have paypal on their country will surely use GPay. paypal have stopped expanding and here comes Google to add almost the whole world to its service, it's pretty interesting, I'd sign up for it if it comes around.
Vrythramax
I just hope alot of people don't start entrusting thier personal information, files, and who knows what else to Google...at least not for awhile. I can really see the potential for Google to dangle all sorts of "Free" services in front of people then once the masses are hooked start charging them. I have seen it happen so many times over the years I have lost count.

I am not a paranoid person, but I can't stress it enough keep your eyes open. The easiest and cheapest way out isn't always the safest or best way.
Blaster
Vrythramax wrote:
I just hope alot of people don't start entrusting thier personal information, files, and who knows what else to Google...at least not for awhile. I can really see the potential for Google to dangle all sorts of "Free" services in front of people then once the masses are hooked start charging them. I have seen it happen so many times over the years I have lost count.

I am not a paranoid person, but I can't stress it enough keep your eyes open. The easiest and cheapest way out isn't always the safest or best way.

Yes I agree. Nothing is "free" (frihost in a way isn't free. If you want to know why just send me a pm) So just don't go and put your stuff on somthing google is offering. It might be good now but in a couple of years somone will find a way to hack it.
Insanity
It is pretty hard to get your foot into that kind of market though... since Paypal seems to have that much dominance. Look at E-Gold and Stormpay, about the next ones down the ladder and they aren't turning out real well either. Google should watch their step.
ilang
correct
martichka
Well hello everyone!

Actually, I think that it's not an really good idea for google to get an payment system, because for example Paypal or Egold or what ever stormpay etc... they concentrate in one site and the security for one site.

If google will have too much things, they will never get enought security for that and they will loose alot money as peoples who are subscribed there will too!

Anyway see you around!

Tommy.