FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music on Site

Stinger
hey how do you put music on a site with php nuke 7.8? is it possible? or even allowed?
Bondings
No, it's not allowed.
darczeku
i think is allowed when you have rights to this file, or permission from author.
Stinger
sorry you missunderstood i think, well i just didnt explain good enough, what i mean is like music playes automatically in the backround when you load up the home page, get me?
darczeku
ech, so?
u still need to have rights;)
but if is free music (meaby mid) u can use it ( i think) just u have to use some website editor with this function, end meaby put legal.txt file when you write info about copyrights
Bondings
You are not allowed to put music on your website unless you have prior permission from me. And even if you got a permission, you still need to own the copyright of that file or have written permission from the owner.
Stinger
ok thanks
Crackster
I thought you were allows MIDI files without permission?
Helios
If i'm not mistaken, you have to own the copyrights for that media.. no matter the format.
Stinger
Ok then what about nuke cast, am i allowed to use that?
yisou
you can not No, it's not allowed.
Stinger
im not being a bit hard on you but can i get an answer from someone who has been here for longer, just to double check if yisou is right that i am not allowed to use nuke cast
Bondings
Stinger wrote:
im not being a bit hard on you but can i get an answer from someone who has been here for longer, just to double check if yisou is right that i am not allowed to use nuke cast

What exactly is nukecast?
Stinger
well alot of my friends who have php use it, its a module that lets you play the music u are listening on winamp on the nuke cast, exactly like a radio, so there is no way people can steal the music u play because its not kept on the server, its transferred from your winamp player to the nuke-cast radio, alot of people use it so its not illegal just to let you know.
Bondings
Stinger wrote:
well alot of my friends who have php use it, its a module that lets you play the music u are listening on winamp on the nuke cast, exactly like a radio, so there is no way people can steal the music u play because its not kept on the server, its transferred from your winamp player to the nuke-cast radio, alot of people use it so its not illegal just to let you know.

Broadcasting is also not allowed and not legal, you need a license for it. It also generates a lot of traffic and cpu usage.
Stinger
ok thanks