FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Aviator

Monkeydog
I saw this movie a few days ago and i really liked it.Although Howard Hughs really freaks me out...anyways anyone else see the movie and like it?or vomit out of your hate of it?
mirzapirza
Let's see.. First part: A bunch of rushed, loosely connected scenes. Long character build-up. Second part: I don't remember.

Verdict: It sucked.

Was this an attempt at a new Citizen Kane?

I wish I rememebered more of it and could give you something better than "It sucked." I did not vomit, but I did look at the clock a few times more than I usually do.
kv
mirzapirza wrote:
Let's see.. First part: A bunch of rushed, loosely connected scenes. Long character build-up. Second part: I don't remember.

Verdict: It sucked.

Was this an attempt at a new Citizen Kane?

I wish I rememebered more of it and could give you something better than "It sucked." I did not vomit, but I did look at the clock a few times more than I usually do.

Me too. Had great difficulty watching the entire movie. Didn't walkaway because of the great reviews given by friends. Thought it will be better in the remaining part of the movie but it was never.
menhao
yeah, i agree with guys above, actually Howard Hughs is not the actor i like, also, the whole movie is sucked and more difficult to know what they want to show ,
Monkeydog
Because it was like a biography.Shessh it was supposed to be a story about this guys life.Sorry someones life sucked.
mirzapirza
It seemed really long and unexciting too Razz
martichka
Hey !

I see some preview on this movie, but I'm not sure if I should see it...
Someon can tell me if I should ?
I like actions movie and drama movie, romantic and all, but I dont like theatrical movie... if someon can tell me the good and bad points movies, ill be happy Laughing

Thanks You !
Tommy.
mirzapirza
Maybe actually reading up a bit on the character (the movie isn't fictional, right?) might make things more interesting.
coolpages
havent seen tis movie yet
but it sounds cool
memsa
I agree it wasn't the best movie but I did enjoy the scene when Hughes was defending himself in the senate hearings
mtndew
i saw it, i liked it, but, it was WAY too long. i know it really needed to be and there wasnt much they could cut out, but i seriously think it needed to be shorter
kurpol
Read the book ... I highly recommend it and it was much better than the movie.
comsci18
this movie is the great movie
it so good
i like it
lockwolf
I think I set a record watching that movie, fastest time falling asleep
okullar
When I first watched this movie, I really surprized. I don't know why, but I got a different feeling because of it. Film says the director was very ambitious, very determined and knew what he wanted to do, and he did however he could his best. Maybe this was the amazing part... By the way, he had a sicknes like obsession, althought that, he could make his job very good. I can understand now how he could make the film Scarface... That was also very impressing. So, I have to appreciate Martin Scorcese too. Great job...
bonestorm74
I really didn't like this movie and couldn't understand the hype around it. I like the director but this was one of his weaker works in my opinion. Not particularly compelling. It was a chore to sit through it all to be honest.
magneto_ms
honestly i didin't like it too. I remember having skipped classes to go to the movie. But in the end it was a big disappointment.

Honestly should have done better with my time.

Not only was it too long, I found Leonardo's role a bit unconvincing in it.