FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free Domain and Web Hosting from Microsoft

Billwaa
Guys, look what I found, free domain and web host from Microsoft.

http://officelive.microsoft.com/officelivebasic.aspx

I don't know how it work though. hopefully it is competable with FriHost. FriHost offer better hosting.
dude_xyx
Hmm its still on beta mode , also only for us residents , probably there might be an unseen catch too.
Billwaa
Well, I guess most people are US resident. You have to apply for invitation. I think then they pick or do a draw,,,
babumuchhala
Well the biggest catch is u must have a Valid XP & Office 2003 Small Busineess Edition & be recognised as a Small Enterprise, by first giving out ur Ofiice 03 Serial Key.
jiten
Billwaa wrote:
Guys, look what I found, free domain and web host from Microsoft.

http://officelive.microsoft.com/officelivebasic.aspx

I don't know how it work though. hopefully it is competable with FriHost. FriHost offer better hosting.
+

Domain names were, when they were first created, arbitrarily given to certain companies to hold them. These companies are then allowed to rent them out to people. So, when you want your own domain name, there's no such thing as "quality" of the dealer (so long as they're legit). Just find the cheapest one and rent away.
SoftStag
Billwaa wrote:
Well, I guess most people are US resident. You have to apply for invitation. I think then they pick or do a draw,,,

I'm not sure how you arrive at that. According to the US government's figures, the US population is approximately 4.6% of the world's population. I don't think that classes as "most people". I'm one of the "fewer people" that is not resident in the US!
vignesh_natraj
my first and last original product from Microsoft was Windows 95.
here in India the original version is not that popularised
but Microsift have released a Starters edition of XP for India for less than 45$ or Rs2000
aningbo
well well.... luks liks piracy rules here too.lol
Chris24
I checked this out, when you try to register they ask you for a credit card. If it is free then what in the world do they need credit card info for?

We are already giving them the windows and office license so what is the big deal. Waste of time imho
babumuchhala
Chris24 wrote:
I checked this out, when you try to register they ask you for a credit card. If it is free then what in the world do they need credit card info for?

We are already giving them the windows and office license so what is the big deal. Waste of time imho
Thats to verify u Razz So that Mr Bill Gtaes know who u r & what u do & blah blah

Look at the FAQ
shravan
Only appilicable for US customers sadly. Ill just have to wait till they accept India customers.
webbone
Who had get the space and domain?
I want to konw the domain true free or no.
Scorpio
The domains are free
But you should give your credit card details even if you are taking a free plan.

But that is only for verification

But read their ToS and rules before you do anything
Mr Smith
Actually, without cancelling the account before the beta ends, you will make your first payment, as it says that the credit card will be charged afer the beta ends. Therefore, it could end tomorrow, or next year, either way they will make free money.

The domain sounds good...

(Make a passport email)
bgbg
there are lots of free and/or cheap services, why using Microsoft? Why giving them more power over you?
billybob
It sucks! by the look of it you can only use there templates in the free version and if you want to upload your own site you have to buy the upgrade which is $29.95 per month and then you have to use front page to up load it...

tut tut good idea but looks like the have rewind it again, forceing people to use there products i wounder if google will have a responce to this... still dont think there will be a beter free host than this tho...
honestman
I agree with previous posts, why encourage microsoft and use their services. I also dont like the fact that these sites and microsoft assume tha you are from the USA, that sucks. It is about time some of these sites remember that there are other countries including the UK who use the internet.
galla
Quote:
You are not using a recent version of Internet Explorer and need to download it in order to use Office Live.

* Download Now

Click 'Next' to continue signup up and download later.

Confused No bloody chance.

They don't mention FTP, it will probably not even allow you to make the website yourself, it will use some crappy online builder with no server side scripting supported.

This will be pointless for anyone who knows their way around HTML. Just like MSN Spaces.
mantasx
tried singing up, I don't want them to know my credit card numba and stuff. And + I don't have a businees
SoftStag
For the cost of domains, you might as well buy one, they really are not that expensive. Frihost can host it and you will have full control over it. Much better than the Microsoft "free" domain, and you own it!
darrenpaul
SoftStag wrote:
For the cost of domains, you might as well buy one, they really are not that expensive. Frihost can host it and you will have full control over it. Much better than the Microsoft "free" domain, and you own it!

I totally agree with that!
tamilchild
Frihost gives full domain name with your control

so you will try this and upload your files Laughing
niceboy
I think it is impossible to get it for free
reddishblue
SoftStag wrote:
Billwaa wrote:

I'm not sure how you arrive at that. According to the US government's figures, the US population is approximately 4.6% of the world's population. I don't think that classes as "most people". I'm one of the "fewer people" that is not resident in the US!

i think he means on this forum but no im australian