FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

guildwars or world of warcraft

guildwars or world of warcraft
guildwars
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
world of warcraft
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 18

dragonflame
If world of warcraft didnt charge a monthly subscription, I wouldnt be even asking this, so please let me know what you think and why.

Oh, and we already know about the monthly subscription thing, please talk more about gameplay, visuals, experience, etc.
jj.vollema
World of Warcraft is expensive - so you better have a good purse
inflamesbhs
Guild Wars is a really good game, as is WoW, but both require you also have a very good internet connection. I wish they'd make a mod for either that would allow you to play without being online, because honestly, I don't like having to rely on other people to play a game.
Drizztt
I don't like World of Warcraft as much as I like Guild Wars, because of the following reasons:

1. You have to pay monthly! Wtf is that!?

2. Everytime you die you have to walk hella far.

3. TOO MANY quests that you constantly get and have no idea where to solve

4. No tournaments and dueling zones like on Guild Wars! I love that feature on Guild Wars, its hella fun.
evestor
Wow I guess I will be the WoW fanboi then. I love WoW. Don't get me wrong Guild Wars is awesome, but it will never be WoW. It just has a second rate feel to it. Oh and only being able to choose human characters stinks.
rightclickscott
Dofus, sorry, that's just how I play! Hell, I just to level 20 and I'm a defender for my guild, Drakengard.
Frag
WoW hands down an I even played Guild wars.
Saryon
GW looks awesome, pretty graphics.
But it's impossible to compare those. If you like questing a lot, without any other players, you should get GW. But it gets boring after a while, with no-one around ,except in the cities. You're just all alone.

Then WoW, you see people everywhere, the graphics are good too, cartoons Very Happy
It's true that the payment s*cks, but it's worth it. They renew everything, have a lot of patches, expansions, that's what we pay for.
Saryon
GW looks awesome, pretty graphics.
But it's impossible to compare those. If you like questing a lot, without any other players, you should get GW. But it gets boring after a while, with no-one around ,except in the cities. You're just all alone.

Then WoW, you see people everywhere, the graphics are good too, cartoons Very Happy
It's true that the payment s*cks, but it's worth it. They renew everything, have a lot of patches, expansions, that's what we pay for.
stinky321
Guildwars is better in graphics, but WOW has many cool things and private servers:D
dragonflame
stinky321 wrote:
Guildwars is better in graphics, but WOW has many cool things and private servers:D

interesting insights. thank you guys! I am awed by the wow graphics already, so if gw graphics is better, it must be really good. thats what most gw fans say anyway.

Can you quest together in gw?
Djim
WOW is a MMORPG and GV is just a CORPG.
What's the difference? In guild war you can see all other player only in cities, in WOW it' all the time.
For example in Gw, if you want to do a mission with an other personn you have to go to the city together, it's impossible for you to see other player in mission only player with wich you do the mission.
More over they are more possibilities in WOW: give a mount, be an artisan.
For my part I choice GW only for the price but now i have stopped to play.
Kur0
I own both but because its its monthly subscription World of Warcraft just takes it to a whole new level (no pun intended XD), I've played on WoW a hell of a lot more than i have GW
Khazid
Not entirly accurate to say that GW has BETTER graphics than WoW. WoW doesnt look like it does because they lacked the ability to make it more lifelike. They chose stylistic artwork and color, as opposed to the photo realistic, although sometimes dreary, appearences that are prevelant in games such as GW and EQ. Im my opinion, GW is much more realistis, but WoW is far more beautifull.
Wimuel
I have played both and I completely agree with the above comment of graphics. GW has a more realistic graphic feel while WOW has a more artful theme-like feel which potrays the artful theme of earlier Warcraft artwork.

As for gameplay. I played alot more WOW than GW. WOW has wonderful depth to its fantasy world and the play factor is great. You can go online and solo or get in a group with ease. Much easier at higher levels to get in a group than Everquest or Everquest II. GW, on the other hand, plays pretty good as well but I would have to place it second to WOW for gameplay. You can pick up henchman if you want to solo which is a nice touch and I love the feature of being able to synchronize with a friend on the same server and be able to play togerther. Most online games you have to have started out your character on the exact same starting server of a friend to have a chance of playing together.

So to narrow it down, unfortunately, it comes down to price. You get what you pay for. If you are willing to make the financial and time committmnt then you will have a blast playing WOW. On the other hand, if you do not want to be tied down to a monthly fee and feel pressured to play regularly to get your money's worth then you can not beat GW. GW is an awesome online gaming experience for the price.
ReidE96
There's also the fact that when you buy time on WoW (I use gamecards), you don't want to waste it by not playing, so it's incredibly addictive Razz
dragonflame
ReidE96 wrote:
There's also the fact that when you buy time on WoW (I use gamecards), you don't want to waste it by not playing, so it's incredibly addictive Razz

if you use your gamecard, does your account ever expire if you dont refill it?
exarkun
I think i would just forget about wow and return back to playing dota.( What I like most) Smile Guild Wars is a good game too, and it is better than wow, in certain aspect.(graphics, for eg.)
jostor
I would have to say World of Warcraft, guildwars is okay too, and also cheaper.

Don't ask me why, but I play Tibia instead Smile
Saryon
dragonflame wrote:
ReidE96 wrote:

if you use your gamecard, does your account ever expire if you dont refill it?

Blizzard isn't really precise about this. There isn't any date on which your account will expire, and be deleted. They will keep it safe for at least 6 months, and most likely even longer.
More info: http://faq.wow-europe.com/en/article.php?id=738