FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Camcorder

Josso
This is a rather tricky question and I need some serious help with it - so thank you in advance:

I'm looking for a new camcorder of some sort. As some of you may know/not know I make abstract videos and other movies and stick them up on my site and it's got to the stage where I need better resolution for the stuff I'm doing. So here goes: Either digital tape, or recording straight to some form of DVD-RW on the camera (may exceed price range). I have some very basic spec's that I do not want to drop below. At least 1024x960 (or 16:9 equivalent) video resolution, Optical zoom (not picky about how far), and night mode. I really wouldn't care if it was nothing else to be honest that’s all the spec's I really need. My budget is preferably below £320 but I do not know whether this is possible yet so please excuse me if it isn't I have little experience in the subject, and I may raise it. I would go digital again for the simplicity of just transferring instead of the complicated (and time consuming) capturing process that is involved with digital tape but of course it will raise the price if it is recording to hard drive or otherwise and It may not be possible. What do you suggest?