FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Is there a reason server might down?

Mgccl
Server 1 just down few weeks ago...
server 2 was down some time ago...
The question is... why...
Not mean why it happenend... but Why these servers are not that stable?
I never met a problem of the root directory's file sturcture got completely ruined.... how could that happen to a good server like that...
How stable is your server.....
Bondings
The first server was already running since almost a year. The second since half a year. They just crashed both with only a bit more than 1 month difference.

About your question, yes servers shouldn't crash that often. It was either due to some misconfiguration/faulty hardware or really someone deliberately or indeliberately causing it.

The difference with normal desktop computers is that servers have to function 24/7 during months and even years without stopping. And also serve a lot of websites, it is be very busy. You won't have these extreme conditions at home. By the way, the hard disk of one of my computers at my own house crashed too.
alkutob
Bondings wrote:
The difference with normal desktop computers is that servers have to function 24/7 during months and even years without stopping. And also serve a lot of websites, it is be very busy. You won't have these extreme conditions at home. By the way, the hard disk of one of my computers at my own house crashed too.

Bondings

I know like the others that you did and do your best to serve this community with no hesitation ,,

Yesterday a friend was complained to his electronic seller about the refrigerator which was crashed the same month with the microwave oven ..despite the fact that both of them a brand name ...

I read your apology about the crash ..and as I said before ..your are honest enough to apologise and we respect you enough to accept ..thank you