FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Heylo! I'm new! And I have a funny excerpt!

SpiderZombie
I just finished reading 'Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code' and just about cracked my head off when I read the following paragraph.

"Chapter 9: Ghosts in the Machine

Vacant lot, Malthouse Industrial Estate, South Chicago

Jon Spiro had not hired Pex and Chips for their debating skills. In the job interview, they had only been set one task. A hundred applicants were handed a walnut and asked to smash it however they could. Only two succeded. Pex had shouted at the walnut for a few minutes, then smashed it between his giant palms. Chips had opted fo ra more controversial method. He placed the walnut on the table, grabbed his interviewer by the onytail, and used the mans forehead to smash the nut. Both men were hired on the spot... They were not allowed to leave Chhicago, as this could involve map reading, somethign Pex and Chips were not very good at."

^.^ I was laughing so hard!!!! Laughing
Gieter
I have read the first book of Artemis Fowl, and I really enjoyed it. It's quite original, and funny to read, and very thrilling! A bit like a light version of Lord of the Rings!
SpiderZombie
Gieter wrote:
I have read the first book of Artemis Fowl, and I really enjoyed it. It's quite original, and funny to read, and very thrilling! A bit like a light version of Lord of the Rings!

Wow! I've heard it put that way, but that's an awesome discription. There's actually four Artemis Fowl's out right now.

Artemis Fowl (duh)
Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident
Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code

And the last one has something to do with opals or something. I just can't seem to find it any where... Confused Oh, well.
lukeropro
Artemis Fowl is a good book, very exciting and all, just like harry potter, only that it's more high-tech.
coolclay
Yea um ok I don't get it, maybe I need to have read the book.
SpiderZombie
coolclay wrote:
Yea um ok I don't get it, maybe I need to have read the book.

I guess so. I was a very good book. This is just an excerpt from one of the chapters. Ithought is was funny on its own. Guess I was wrong. -_-;
FunDa
Guys, the next book is out

Artemis Fowl - The Lost Colony.

Anybody read it ?

How is it - Please don't post any spoilers ..... Razz

I'm gonna go read that after my exams ....
evanc88
I haven't read any of them. Are they worth reading? I've never really heard much about them. Is it more like a teen adventure story in the vein of Harry Potter or something a little more grown up?