FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Indiana Jones 4: will it suck?

Indiana Jones 4: will it suck?
Yes, it will suck eggs
33%
 33%  [ 8 ]
No, It'll be the greatest thing since Indy 3 (or 2)
50%
 50%  [ 12 ]
It will be the greatest thing since Pride and Prejudice
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 24

ylmun
So, according to E Online, the script for Indy 4 is finished (again) and ready for shootin'. Harrison Ford likes it. Steven Spielberg likes it. George Lucas likes it.

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,18577,00.html

Will we like it?

George Lucas has finished his "tweaks" to the script. After Episodes 1-3, this worries me. Will he include Jar Jar Binks in Indy 4 as the new Short Round?

Also Harrison Ford will be 64 (or older). Is he still man enough to wield that whip?

What do you think?
gh0stface
You do realize George Lucas also collaborated with Spielberg during the first 3 three Indiana Jones too right?

I'm sure the 4th one will be just as good. Although it kind of ruins the boxed Indiana Jones series that people have already purchased ;P
ylmun
gh0stface wrote:
You do realize George Lucas also collaborated with Spielberg during the first 3 three Indiana Jones too right?

Yeah, I do. But since those three movies, Geroge Lucas made Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and I hated them, except for the fight sequences.
Scaramanga
ylmun wrote:
gh0stface wrote:

Yeah, I do. But since those three movies, Geroge Lucas made Star Wars Episodes 1-3 and I hated them, except for the fight sequences.

To clarify: George Lucas produced and partially wrote the Indiana Jones series, whereas Spielberg DIRECTED them. George Lucas wrote AND directed the new Star Wars prequels (which he did NOT do with the original three films.)

Actually I'm less worried about Lucas' influence, and more worried about Spielberg's directorial chops. I mean War of the Worlds was pretty much throwaway Hollywood crap, and he's had some pretty big bombs (A.I., Lost World, Minority Report, et al) in the past ten years (as opposed to his early years, when he was a golden boy in Hollywood.) Don't get me wrong, Munich was a well-done film, but he hasn't done ANYTHING like his early films in a long, long time. I question whether he can recapture the wonder that held audiences like his classics did (Jaws, Close Encounters, E.T. and of course Raiders.)
djcaution
THERES A NEW INDIANA JONES COMING OUT????
nox-Hand
Yes, there is a new one coming out. First thing I heard of it was over FIVE YEARS AGO!

So, when it will be out, I dunno..

nox-Hand
lit-diversion
Ok, I've got to be honest...

If George Lucas likes it, my money's on it being horrible. Flashy, shallow, and entirely driven by marketing...

All Harrison Ford's opinion means is that they offered him some alcohol to say what they wanted him to say. Wink
nox-Hand
What a positive attitude Razz

I agree Very Happy

nox-Hand
ylmun
lit-diversion wrote:
Ok, I've got to be honest...

If George Lucas likes it, my money's on it being horrible. Flashy, shallow, and entirely driven by marketing...

All Harrison Ford's opinion means is that they offered him some alcohol to say what they wanted him to say. Wink

nox-Hand wrote:
What a positive attitude

Hand, I agree.

You know, lit-diversion, you shouldn't hold back. If you don't like George Lucas or Harrison Ford, you shouldn't sugar coat your opinion like you did. Razz
alkady
Its going to suck, But atleast the CGI will compensate where the storyline will fail.

Think about, Episode I, II and III of star wars really sucked in the storyline part, But the intense Clone Trooper War and good music compensated where he messed up.

Munich was only good for the way they killed their victims and not how the story went. Such as the Phone Bomb, Hello? <BoooooooM> or the girl that was nude and was acting like a prostitude offering services while trying to get a gun which was on the other end of the drawer. Then obviously the weird gun kills her.
nox-Hand
Well, I have to admit, I quite liked the first ones, but I think this new one might end up with too much 'Bang bang boom' instead of the classic Indie way

nox-Hand
zonymousbond007
I hope it doesn't, but, you never know Neutral

I liked all of the films (The Last Crusade being the best Cool), but I hope they don't screw this up.
mrblah
How old is Harrison Ford? He seems way to old to keep trying action movies. They should have started this like 10 years ago.
nox-Hand
As far as I know, they started AT LEAST six years ago..

nox-Hand
AG007
I hope that movie will be great, I love Indiana Jones Movies.
Let's just wait and see when I comes out Wink
NemoySpruce
These are my theories on why the StarWars prequels werent so good.

1) George matured.. the kid inside him grew up.
That midi-chlorian nonesense really killed a lot of the mystery behind the force. Some of the scenes felt like a grown up trying to play with kids. ..'another happy landing??' wtf!! ... 'activate the emergency booster engines!!'

2) Harrison Ford wasnt in it
Ford really new how to get the audience's adrenaline going.. most memorable is that scene when he was running down the corridor of the first death star, he an chewie come up a squad of Storm troopers, and he shouts an charges them.. that scene, done by any other actor would be lame.

3) The CG was spectacular.. too spectacular.
Effects (sound and visual) should blend in with movie. Once you notice it, its not doing its job.

Now for Indy 4, Im hoping that George learns from his StarWars experience and just make a movie for the sake of making a movie. I hope he doesnt think about marketing and other crap like that. I hope Ford's input will bring in some adrenaline to the table. Steven..well, he will be fine, youll see. I hope they dont over do the CG effects. I hope its going to be a good one. but it can never beat raiders of the lost ark... you cant beat a classic. Very Happy
ozzycow
I'm crossing my fingers that it will not suck. I loved two of the Indi films and I'm hoping I will love this one too! Although, I do think Harrison Ford is getting way too old to be doing this film.

Hopefully, he doesn't break a back or something while doing his thing... Ah, they'll probably just use a stuntman for that.
Scaramanga
nox-Hand wrote:
As far as I know, they started AT LEAST six years ago..

They didn't start anything six years ago, other than rumours. The film isn't even filming yet, which still means Harrison Ford is going to be ooooold.

alkady wrote:
Its going to suck, But atleast the CGI will compensate where the storyline will fail.

Since when does CGI compensate for a bad story?!?
*Cough*SpiritsWithin*Cough*
selim06
i'm not sure but i think they should stop recording new films...The Indiana Jones series has already be succesful but no need to try again again again...
raymann
I don't think it's gonna be good, 'cause it's not the same as earlier
raymann
I don't think it's gonna be good, 'cause it's not the same as earlier
DarthRicmu
Well I hope it too be good...and about his aging....

In alot of films you see the actors not really having wrinkels and in the beind the scenes of those movies were they don't wear 10 kg makeup they look like there 10 years older ...

so there will be dealt with..........the movie will be great!!!
den110
Harrison Ford is too old to be Indy anymore. They need to recast the role to a younger actor
HDirtwater
I voted for suck but I'll be in line to see it. So long as Lucas isn't directing it, it should be fine, and sequels that come out long after the originals are usually good (Aliens, Color of Money, etc). I just don't have a good feeling about this one.
Cuhrir
since i first heard about indiana jones 4 a few years ago, i have been eagerly waiting for it. because im a huge fan of the first three, and always enjoy watching them.

i'm not too worried about Lucas, as he and steven were the two leading the first three.

like some of you here, im also curious at how it all turns out, but hopefully it will be good.

does anyone have any news on Sean Connery?, seems as he's retired, but they want him back for the fourth film.
pudovkin
The trilogy is so strong that's hard to believe the fourth will suck.
But, who knows... Wink
sabu99
i think they could ruin the whole trilogy
DriftingJoint
this film will suck imo. they should have left it as a classic trilogy, because if they fk this one up, it will ruin all of them lmao.
UVPMedia
Well, I haven't seen the script or anything, but maybe they'll have adjusted the story to match Harrison Ford's age. I mean, George Lucas did the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles also, and there Indy was an old man. So presumably he lived through WW2, where the movies left off. So there's got to be something in that time period for them to work with that would also work for a middle aged actor.
idrather_not
WTF who would try and bring back Indiana Jones, sure it was populer in its time, but come one, it was over a decade ago. Making a new Indian Movie would be like trying to bring back Mssion Impossible & 007, oh wait, they did that didn't they. Well just goes to show you that todays Hollywood Producers are Desprate, I mean come one "Doogle" and "Hoodwinked", but in the same year (like a 4 month period between them).
sonicj
Dear lord...does every film that comes out have to be artsy fartsy and make some statement?!?? Sometimes films are just for entertainment. Sometimes they are just to allow one to slip away from things happening in the real world. I for one will be looking forward to seeing it.
TurtleShell
Ok...so it's coming out soon!! I am SO FREAKING EXCITED for this movie. I don't think it's going to suck, I think it's going to be fun. If it is even 80% as good as the third one, I'll be soooo happy:) This is going to be the one movie I watch in the theaters this year.
blk3
It's definitely coming out this year, and I'm gonna watch it whether it sucks or not.
alfi
i will be another great adventurous movie.the last three movies where superb.lookng forward the see this new movie..
Fake
There is no way it iwll suck.
It not like Harry will forget about being Indy. There is no way.
I'm gonna watch it. and make sure i buy it Smile
Idoru
Ofcourse it wount suck!
So many movies done it, so why not Indy? Star Wars, Alien, Rocky, Rambo... you get the picture. You know
what to expect and have all the material to be your own best movie-critiq. Fun!
lethaltriad
Just saw the previews tonight and Indie will definately be a must see movie for me for the summer. It looks just as action packed and filled with adventure as the previous ones. Loved the fast also that they stuck with harrison ford.. i couldnt imagine a different actor being indiana jones.