FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Thinking about getting an MP3 player





Landreski
I would like opinions on MP3 players. I would like one with an FM tuner as well. Does it make a huge difference if you get one that requires you to change batteries? I don't really care about the format. And, I don't need one with massive amounts of space. Any help would be appreciated.

Linda
wsco
hi linda

TOP RATED Mp3 players are :

* Apple iPod 30GB (with video) : about 300$ battery life 900min no radio

*iRiver H140 : about 370$ with radio

*Creative Zen MicroPhoto : about 300$ with radio- 8G- battery life 895 min

Archos AV 500 : about $598.00 - $740.00 - Battery Life: 3000 min-no radio - 30 g capcity

Apple iPod nano : about $233.00 - $270.00 - Battery Life: 840 min - no radio - 4 G capcity
Animal
wsco wrote:
TOP RATED Mp3 players are :

* Apple iPod 30GB (with video) : about 300$ battery life 900min no radio

Apple iPod nano : about $233.00 - $270.00 - Battery Life: 840 min - no radio - 4 G capcity


Not entirely true - you can buy a remote control for the iPods that integrates radio functionality. It's quite expensive though (about $50, I think).
TheFaction
a lot of creative products have integrated fm radio. i like their zen micro (not photo). mines only 5gb but its still a lot of tunes. always good for when im in my car listening to sirius radio and i discover a new band or rediscover one i used to listen to. then i can upload a bunch of stuff there. i got it instead of an ipod cuz i was sick of everyone blabbing about how its so awesome. personally i think its okay, nothing special. and the not being able to remove the battery sucks too. when it really craps out you have to shell out like over $50 to get it repaired. and all the accessories out there for it which are all overpriced. the usb-ac charger the apple puts out is like 30 bucks! i got one off of ecost.com for 5 bucks and it works perfectly.

i know it turned into a rant about ipod but they are way to expensive and doesnt come with nearly as many features as a creative mp3 player. so just keep your options open and you might find yourself a real beauty. also head over to cnet.com as theyve had a lot of mp3 columns as of late
Landreski
Well I have lost my mind now. I wanted the MP3 player to use at the gym. I needed the FM tuner so I could watch TV while I do my cardio and the music while I lifted. I decided instead to set-up a complete home gym with an elliptical machine for cardio. I now have the stereo and listen to whatever I want (as loud as I want Very Happy ), I can watch what I want on TV, and I don't have to drop off my daughter at childcare. Problem solved! So it did cost a little more than an MP3 player...

Linda
jiten
Landreski wrote:
I would like opinions on MP3 players. I would like one with an FM tuner as well. Does it make a huge difference if you get one that requires you to change batteries? I don't really care about the format. And, I don't need one with massive amounts of space. Any help would be appreciated.

Linda



Depends on the model of Creative Zen, but you probably cannot use iTunes directly to transfer the songs to the Zen.

The Creative Zens generally only play MP3, WMA, WMA "PlaysForSure" digital rights management music files. iTunes purchased music is in AAC format with "FairPlay" digital rights management, not MP3 or WMA.

The "PlaysForSure" compatible Zen players can use Windows Media Player, the Creative software that comes with the player, or the software that is available for download from one of the subscription music services such as Yahoo Music Engine, Rhapsody, or Napster to transfer MP3s and purchased music to the player.

The thing to do may be to use iTunes to burn an MP3 CD with your purchased tracks, then transfer those tracks to the player using one of the other programs.
Crackster
wsco wrote:
hi linda

TOP RATED Mp3 players are :

* Apple iPod 30GB (with video) : about 300$ battery life 900min no radio

*iRiver H140 : about 370$ with radio

*Creative Zen MicroPhoto : about 300$ with radio- 8G- battery life 895 min

Archos AV 500 : about $598.00 - $740.00 - Battery Life: 3000 min-no radio - 30 g capcity

Apple iPod nano : about $233.00 - $270.00 - Battery Life: 840 min - no radio - 4 G capcity

What about the sone NW-E207 - 1GB - 50 min battery - radio - 60 from adavncemp3players.co.uk
Related topics
Toilet seats with full fledged MP3 Player....lol
Which MP3 player to get?
Anybody used an mp3 player as a boot disk_
What kind of MP3 player do you have?
Detection Funkey MP3 Player Help
MP3 player?
mp3 Player
My MP3 Player
MP3 Player
Why Flash MP3 player not working?
sony mp3 player cum usb drive
mp3 player - Ipod
If you own an iPod/whatever mp3 player, answer this! =p
Best mp3 player?
Light MP3 player fo XP
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Hardware and Electronics

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.