FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Free USB Drive anyone?

Northgatebaseball
1. Go here : http://www.microsoft.com/mysterysolved/corp

2. Click on the image of the USB drive "Valuable Information - Get Yours".

3. Fill in your address etc.

Here are the answers to the four questions:

Q1. How many ways are there to obtain a full Microsoft® Windows® Desktop license?
Answer:: 2

Q2: Volume License Agreements cover Windows Desktop operating system upgrades only.
Answer: True

Q3: OEM operating system licenses are non-transferable.

Q4: The most cost-effective way to acquire an initial, full underlying Windows Desktop license is preinstalled.

4. Verify Email addy

Done!

It will come with some stuff on it, but you should be able to delete it off. I had to use internet explorer for it to work, but some have had no problems with firefox, so I don't know what was going on. They are supposed to ship in 6-8 weeks. Don't know how big they are, but hopefull more than 8MB..haha

mathiaus: USA & Canada only
Scotty Too Hotty
very nice, i ordered mine!!! Like youi said hopefully it is not like 8MB, and it is actually like Huge even like 64MB is cool but hopefully like 512!
Hobbit
Wow, I shall try this! Thanks!

EDIT: Yes i had problems with firefox too.
budazz
i already tried it now what will happen next?... Very Happy
raver
you should have said that it only works for people in Canada and the USA.... it would have spared me a whole lot of trouble Very Happy
darczeku
is shipping cost is free of charge too?
shortNstout
Ok, well...I filled it out. I guess we'll see. Thanks!
mathiaus
raver wrote:
you should have said that it only works for people in Canada and the USA.... it would have spared me a whole lot of trouble Very Happy

To right! Rolling Eyes
Edited first post
Scorpio
Hey could anybody ship it to my country for me? Very Happy

Please?
Jack_Hammer
Erm... I hate to bring this up Thiamshui but...

raver wrote:
you should have said that it only works for people in Canada and the USA.... it would have spared me a whole lot of trouble

Thiamshui wrote:
wow.. Microsoft giving free stuff? hmm... interesting.. i signed up for mine.. thanks for the link!

Northgatebaseball
Im sorry I forgot to mention is was USA/Canada only. I didnt think about that since I am from USA. Sorry for any time that was wasted. Confused
alkady
darczeku wrote:

They didnt ask for a credit card did they? So I'm pressuming that they are paying for the shipping & handling.

Also Baseball, Did you notice that it says that the USB drive cointains FAQS, Window Licensing Guide, License Brief ect. So I'm presuming that the drive is as little as 8 MB.

Scotty Too Hotty wrote:
very nice, i ordered mine!!! Like youi said hopefully it is not like 8MB, and it is actually like Huge even like 64MB is cool but hopefully like 512!

Dont dream too much, I bet microsoft thought of it all already. I bet they already knew alot of people would just order it and empty it and all that information shouldnt take more than 8 MB.

Animal wrote:
Do not triple-post. Use the edit button in the top right of your topic instead!
Scotty Too Hotty
meh i can dream and i know it but odds are my dreams will once again be shattered
Northgatebaseball
yeah, like I said in my first post, I figured that it would be something small, but there is always the change that it can be 64MB or maybe if we are lucky, even 128MB. I highly doubt that it is anything bigger than this, but its completely free, so we mine as well try it.
Clash
Just do what I did and stick in the address of a friend or relation who lives in the USA or Canada. You can always take credit for sending them a nice little pressie Cool
xorcist
darczeku wrote:

At the end when you go to put in your shipping details it says.
Microsoft wrote:
Shipping Options

Your order will ship free of charge via Standard - U.S. Postal Service ($0.00).

Please allow six to eight weeks for delivery.

So its free.
alkady
Northgatebaseball wrote:
yeah, like I said in my first post, I figured that it would be something small, but there is always the change that it can be 64MB or maybe if we are lucky, even 128MB. I highly doubt that it is anything bigger than this, but its completely free, so we mine as well try it.

A 64 MB USB Drive cost around $19.99, Which a 8 MB can cost pennies, But until someone confirms the size I have no clue.
psycosquirrel
meh, FF messed up, had to use IE.

Looks good though, even if it is only 8 mb, it was free.

Thanks for the link.
TheGeek
yea im with psyco even if it is 8MB its still free and it will be enough for me to use to transfer my stuff to and from school an back again. Plus its free, i mean you cant get any better than that. Also, i to had the firefox problem when placing the order, so firefox users, just paste the link into IE (shudder) and it will work, the only page that doesnt work is the one where you place the order near the end of the transaction.
alkady
TheGeek wrote:
yea im with psyco even if it is 8MB its still free and it will be enough for me to use to transfer my stuff to and from school an back again. Plus its free, i mean you cant get any better than that. Also, i to had the firefox problem when placing the order, so firefox users, just paste the link into IE (shudder) and it will work, the only page that doesnt work is the one where you place the order near the end of the transaction.

Good point, 8 MB may not be much but it does come in for use even if the Microsoft Logo on it, You can probably just brag is the state of the art Microsoft Flash Drive. LOL
surdy
Hey this sounds exciting ..free USB drive ...
I must give it a try
Thanks budddy
garionw
It was 16mb and they have now all gone. sorry!
gaurav4gurls
Maan its available to usa/canada only.
alkady
garionw wrote:
It was 16mb and they have now all gone. sorry!

Well I guess, I was wrong, It wasnt 8 MB.