FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Surpise, we're getting a dog!

SusieSmacktard
.....is what my husband told me when I came home from work today. Here's the story.
Our good friend Dan has a nutty sister. Nutty sister has gone off her meds and moved out of her mother's house, leaving behind a cocker spaniel and a golden retriever. Dan's mother is not a dog person and wants the dogs gone.Since he only lives in an apartment, he can only keep the cocker. So he asked my husband if we could keep the retriever.

So any time now a big ball of golden fuzz is going to arrive at my house. Confused

Edited to add.....I wasn't trying to swear, just properly identify the breed of the other dog..... Embarassed
xkarenflowerx
awww yay Very Happy congrats! how do you feel about having a new, fluffy companion?
Gieter
I think you're talking about a cocker spaniel, but don't trust me, I don't know much about dogs. I would see it from the positive site: burglars will have a harder time breaking in into your house, and if you go out and you feel unsafe, just take the dog with you. That's why they're called man's best friend (and for some other reasons as well.) Wink
willstefan
Hi

I think that the thing, beside fact's that dogs, can leave their...hum...well, you know around the place, and the fact that you need to take allot of care for them, like walking and stuff.....makes them best friend!
Dog's like every other animals, can make you cry, laugh..there is not other choice you can like or dislike....people, mostly when they got pets, thinks:"Oh no!"
But with the time, they simply fall in love with them Smile
Hey, give them a chance, they are live you know Smile
outeredge
Don't get too many, my girfriend has just had to take in 3 xtra dogs on top of her 2..... her ma is in hostipal - the house is now stuffed with dog hair and personally i don't think the character of the beasts outways the mess they leave behind.... especially the seanile old one....!
TOP TIP get a meile dog/cat hoover - knocks the socks off the dyson!
SusieSmacktard
Now it's day 2....and Sage has been such a sweety! I was worried that she wouldn't have enough room since our yard isn't fenced yet, but she seems perfectly content to be walked on a leash a couple times a day. She sleeps more than the cats do, and has not barked at all. Not even once. The most noise she has made so far is a burp. She has big puppy dog eyes and only seems to want to be near people. Smile
ladyrobina
SusieSmacktard wrote:
Now it's day 2....and Sage has been such a sweety! I was worried that she wouldn't have enough room since our yard isn't fenced yet, but she seems perfectly content to be walked on a leash a couple times a day. She sleeps more than the cats do, and has not barked at all. Not even once. The most noise she has made so far is a burp. She has big puppy dog eyes and only seems to want to be near people. :)

I am pleased that Sage is settling in well. It reminds me of when we took on a three and a half year old Silkie Terrier named Georgina. Well what a brat. She had been spoilt rotten and required a bit of retraining.
We loved her very much nevertheless. It added a new dimension to our lives. She became devoted to my husband and never left his side while he was home.
Good luck with it all.
ladyrobina
Hi Suzie. How about an update on how the new dogs are doing. Have you had any problems? Sometimes they take a while to get used to a new home and people.
CooCooCachoo
You did a good job by taking the golden retriever. They are the sweetest dogs ever Wink I would love to have the company of one, but I am allergic to dogs (and cats) unfortunately Crying or Very sad