FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What are your reasons you are on here

Elephantman
Why do you want to have your own website/ What do you want to put on it? Is it your first time?
This is my first time and I have no clue what I'm doing but hopefully I will learn a lot. I want to be able to post things like pictures videos and such. Little adventurous and humorous things. You know.
Vrythramax
I do Web Designing and Internet Programming in my spare time and as a means to making extra cash. Frihost gives me a platform to show my stuff and forums where I can speak my mind, all without costing me an arm and a leg. It's a good deal no matter how you look at it. Smile
pll
I make some webdesign and I really like to have an host for my files (pictures, etc...)

Frihost rocks!
lukeropro
I make videos so I need a website to actually tell people about them so i found frihost! FRIHOST RAWKS!
Gieter
I use Frihost for my hosting in the first place, I prefer putting things (stories, files,...) online instead of sending them via e-mail. Frihost is a very good hosting, because of the quality and the active community.

Second, I also enjoy to post on this forum. It's a very active forum, and people are friendly.
Daniel15
Well, I found FriHost in the middle of 2005, and I'd never move my site elsewhere. FriHost is awesome! I came here for the hosting, but stay here for the community. I personally think it's a bit crowded here, but I've become used to that Smile
rightclickscott
I hate geocities. This new host just happened to be awsome. Also, I'm a poor SOB.
lilrage
im hear because i enjoy the active forum and the free host plans and cuz i need something 2 do with all my free time
Blaster
daniel15 wrote:
Well, I found FriHost in the middle of 2005, and I'd never move my site elsewhere. FriHost is awesome! I came here for the hosting, but stay here for the community. I personally think it's a bit crowded here, but I've become used to that Smile

I like the large community. It gives you help faster and there are more opions. It makes it much easier to post. Very Happy I came here for the free hosting. But i got hooked on the forums. And yes..FriHost is awesome!
Hobbit
Yeah the community is really great. Although I always see new names. Laughing
ocalhoun
I want to be equine. Frihost is a partial means to that end.
Liu
daniel15 wrote:
I personally think it's a bit crowded here, but I've become used to that Smile

You should try Gaiaonline forums. I used to moderate there, now that was insanely crowded.
Helios
daniel15 wrote:

I agree with you.
One day I thought about leaving FriHost because of the big community.
Gieter
Helios wrote:
daniel15 wrote:

I agree with you.
One day I thought about leaving FriHost because of the big community.

I don't understand that, it's just fun that there is such a big (and great) community: you can post like hell, if you have answers you get a quick answer, there's almost constant activity, the discussions are interesting, you can get to know new people,...

Maybe it's because you have to moderate so much Smile
Helios
I think that I prefer the little friendly FriHost, that FriHost where I've registered a long time ago, more than what FriHost is now.

Well, I came here to quitely host my little sites/projects.
That's about it.
Gieter
I still find Frihost friendly, but that's my opinion. Smile
smartbei
I am here because I am interested in learning web programming and needed a platform that coule operate PHP and MySQL. I am 16, so I don't have much money lying around, but I do have the time to come here and post, something I may very well be doing anyway even if it had nothing to do with the hosting.
gotflash
I'm here because i am a flash animator and would like a site to place the flash animations i make. I want people to see them and give me constructive feedback, so i can improve my flash skill.
Blaster
Good luck with the flash. What kind of flash do you do? Good luck really man. Best of luck to you. What flash animation do you use?
teh_razz
Hello, I'm new here, but the reason I'm on here is because my old hosting was terminated so I'm looking for a new place to host my domain and this place looks just dandy!
yupeng
I want to have my own hosting to host my site.
To make be known by more people,make more friends.
Blaster
Oh it is. Much nicer then 99% of all other hosts. Including those that are paid hosting. They are the only free hosing offering DirectAdmin.
yisou
for free hosting
Insanity
I need the hosting in order to keep my website for my band afloat... been using SoundClick and MySpace, but they just won't cut it. At FriHist, at least you're allowed to upload your own music with Bondings' permission.
lilrage
there seem to be alot of reasons but i think the forum is the most used
ashok
Frihost rocks! jst like daniel i found it around august in 2005 and never moved my contents to anywhere else.. even thu it's getting crowded, the best part is that the performance of hosting havent been down at all.. Frihost rocks! Very Happy
skygaia
Actually, I had had my own website before. But it was not easy to keep well that. i had to pay some money every month. and I have to know some knowledge related webhosting such as HTML, ASP ....
Meanwhile I found some good place to publish my opinion on a web. that was Blog. there are many blog site on internet. It is very easy to creat my own website and to keep going.
But there are some restrict to use the Blog. So I determined to create my own website again. and i don't want to pay to make and keep my website.

So, I found it. ^^ ;;
I'm a new user in frishost. so i don't know well about here
But it seems great so far..
mathiaus
Well my Harry Potter site started out as a free forum over at invisionfree. I then decided to expand and add a site as well but they didnt have all these features and no where near enough space for the forum so they were sepearte (different domains) which i didnt want.
I also started experimenting with php/mysql which skills I have further been able to develop here Smile
Another great feature though was the fact there are no ads and then the 10GB bandwidth Shocked
drunkfun
im not gonna lie, i post purely so i can keep my account up, and i host here because i run the photos section of my website here. It is a good host
gotflash
Blaster wrote:
Good luck with the flash. What kind of flash do you do? Good luck really man. Best of luck to you. What flash animation do you use?

I don't do exactly one kind of flash, I generally do whatever comes to mind. Or when I'm bored.
Elephantman
lukeropro wrote:
I make videos so I need a website to actually tell people about them so i found frihost! FRIHOST RAWKS!

I make art and take pictures of stuff. so I am much like you.
Elephantman
lilrage wrote:
im hear because i enjoy the active forum and the free host plans and cuz i need something 2 do with all my free time

Yeah I like how we can chat about anything. And the free hosting is kind of intersting becuase I can try this out for once. My own website! Well,, sort of..
seanooi
I come here mainly for the hosting like most of you do. But after sometime, I find the community to be very friendly and thus making frihost my second home.
Honestly, I've searched for other hosts but none can compare to frihost! And that is a fact. Laughing
theo
to be honest, due to the web hosting provided
i think it's really stable and... quite fast indeed
cazlun
I was looking for free web hosting for a family memeber who has set up her own workshop/gallery and needs a website to show her art work. She also runs a circus school so it's a place for her to show the phtos from there and tell eveyone about it and what she does.
She couldn't find a good free host in French so she asked me to find one in English.
Inner_Sakura
I need a free web hosting for my forum, so I heard about this ''frihost''... Someone speak Portuguese in here ? I'm very lost in the forum.
Gieter
Inner_Sakura wrote:
I need a free web hosting for my forum, so I heard about this ''frihost''... Someone speak Portuguese in here ? I'm very lost in the forum.

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vf-43.html

Some people speak Portugese over here... Wink
pckid2
I have three reasons for signing up here:

1) Because I LOVE making websites,

2) So I can put my PC programs up

3) Because it's free and has CGI Very Happy
Team Hedgehog
Well, I'm here because i want a good site as frihost to show my talent with my group Team Hedgehog, as making RPG games and flash-movies.
We're currently making a game named A Knight's Destiny, and let people download from the site, who making us popular, and to make rpg games is our hobby, so why not? Smile
I'm waiting for you guys to test my game, and perhaps join my group? that had been awesome, with graphics, music, and that kind of stuff Smile
But I must prepare the site as soon i get the request to get one of course, and to get know other people here!