FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

No Sound - Suddenly Stopped *RESOLVED*

Soulfire
My sound suddenly stopped working. The speakers are plugged in and properly adjusted to volume. I do not have the little loudspeaker on the taskbar to adjust volume, and when I go to "Sound" in the Control Panel, all the options are disabled. It says "No Sound System" or something to that extent. All the drivers are installed, and the speakers have worked fine until today. I don't know what to do, and it's REALLY annoying.

Also, as a side problem, my internet is running very slowly. I am behind a wireless router, and the connection is "Very Low" at "18 mbps." If I am not mistaken, our original connection was around 54 mbps.
Soulfire
Also, I hooked up another set of speakers with no luck. The power light is on and the volume is up, no sound. I can't do hardly anything I need to without sound.

Also, I forgot to add:
Running on Windows XP SP2
Sound Card: Creative Audigy Audio Processor

I am in System Information, and it says "Status: Error" with the sound card.
Boles Roor
Try reinstalling your drivers. They may just be corrupted.
Matte52
if it doesn't work with uppdate your sound card i think you need to buy a new one. It was the same for me the sound just stop, so i went down to the shop where i baought my sound card and thay said that it just was to change it.
Soulfire
Changing it really isn't a viable option right now, and I don't have the drivers for it. To my knowledge, they came with the computer, but I'll double check.
Soulfire
*Issue Resolved*

Turns out the driver that was already installed on my computer was an outdated version. I stumbled upon the correct drivers in my computers vital discs bag that I have, reinstalled it, and it works now.