FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about Private Messages @ Frihost

Vrythramax
I received an email this morning saying I had a new private message @ Frihost and when I checked my inbox there was nothing there. I'm curious if this was a glitch in phpBB, was the message removed by either the author or Frihost, or simply a ghost in the machine? It's really unimportant, it just peaked my curiousity that's all.
mOrpheuS
It can probably happen if the user who sent you the PM deleted it from his/her outbox before you could read it.

You can send PMs to yourself, test it out ! Smile
Although I'm not sure if PMs from oneself trigger a mail alert.

I seriously doubt the possiblity of a glitch in phpBB, it's one of the most widely user-tested php applications in the world. Wink
And I think we can rule out the presence of a ghost in the system as even more "improbable".
DJGuardy
Morpheus is right. The only other reason I can think of is that you read the private message first, and then your inbox picked up the email of when it first arrived.
Vrythramax
DJGuardy wrote:
Morpheus is right. The only other reason I can think of is that you read the private message first, and then your inbox picked up the email of when it first arrived.

That's not a possibilty, I haven't received a private message in weeks. It's more than likely as pointed out that the message was deleted by the sender before I got around to viewing it.

Thanks for the input people. Cool