FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB rank replacment!

borud
I just wondered if anyone knew how to show a rank logo instead of the name of the rank.
On my forum it shows both rank name and rank logo, but I would like it to just show the logo, like it does here on the Frihost forum.
assex
When you get into the Administration Area, click on Ranks which is right at the bottom and edit each rank. I neach rank there is a field given for the image-path of that rank. Fill in the path of that image which you want for a particular rank. Then I guess it should appear. Do you want me to do it for you if you are having problems? Please make sure that all the images that you intend to use are at the correct location if you want place them for ranks.
borud
Viewing the logo wasn't the problem acctually..
The logos are shown them, but I'm intrested in viewing only the logo.
If you see under:

This is how it looks like now:

(Username)
rankname (admin) <-- I want to remove this and only show
(here are the logo) <-- this...

I think that the ones who set up the frihost forum would know the answer on this, because they actually did it Wink
assex
I think that this is what you have to do:
Do not put anything in the required text field. Try this out. Just an image....tell me what happens
borud
When I try this it tells me to chose a rank.
It doesn't give me any other choices.

I thought there maybe was something that I could write in the text field to make it not show or something. or maybe edit a php file who makes this rank name appear.
borud
Bump!!! Confused
borud
Don't mind posting here people, I've got help.
For those of you who don't know this, you just open the view_topic_body.tpl file in the Templates/Subsilver folder and search for rank.

Then you will find this: {postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />

Then just delete this part and the rank name will not show Wink

Thanks for your time Assex and thanks to LukeakaDanish for solving this problem Very Happy

Admin or Moderators may now close this thread Smile