FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spell Check

Aredon
I have noticed that there is no spell checker for posts as there is on some boards. I am certainly the kind of person who doesn't always spell things right so I would personaly love to see this added if at all possible. Cool
Jack_Hammer
This has already been suggested, and put basically it would be very hard to impliment.
Blaster
Why would it be very hard. It is a simple mod found on www.phpbb.com
Nyizsa
I am not sure if you can apply it to only several sub-forums, but if you couldn't, it would be very annoying to the people posting in other languages than English. Maybe.
Daniel15
Quote:
I am not sure if you can apply it to only several sub-forums, but if you couldn't, it would be very annoying to the people posting in other languages than English. Maybe.

I'm quite sure that it wouldn't check *every* post. It would most likely put a 'Spell Check' button next to the Submit button.

For example, SMF has this feature. Go to a topic on my forum, for example this one. Then press the 'Reply' button. One of the things you should notice (apart from my CAPTCHA mod Razz) is the 'Spell Check' button. Try typing something, and clicking it.

I do think that something similar is available for phpBB, the basic functionality (ie. the actual spell checker) is in-built to PHP (it's called 'pspell' or 'aspell').
n0obie4life
Blaster wrote:
Why would it be very hard. It is a simple mod found on www.phpbb.com

Yes. Looks simple, but it'll bring good troubles.

-close-
Daniel15
I just thought of something. You can get spell checking utilities for your browser, and then do spell checking locally. This ability is built-in to Opera, you just need to download the ASpell libraries. Additionally, this is available as a plugin for FireFox or Internet Explorer. That would probably be better than a server-side MOD.