FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MySQL transfer

Matte52
I have an littel problem it is that i had my site hosted on another wehosting now and i use an php portal that use mysql / php and all the fourms post ect is storged there in the database. So now i wonder if it is possible to "move" all the databases and erything that is in the databsen to this new webhost without lost all the forums post members account ect ?
AftershockVibe
A lot of Web Control Systems allow you to make backups automatically so if they both use CPanel or whatever then that will be the easiest way to do it.

However, they probably don't but they probably do both have PHPMyAdmin. This has a "save as backup" feature which is pretty easy to use as it jsut saves to an SQL file that you can then execute on your other host.

As it only relies on PHP you can install PHPMyAdmin yourself as well if your host doesn't have it on by default. Careful about security for it though as it has no password protection on by default.
Matte52
Tahnks , I will try that. Now i just need to hope that frihost accept my requets so i can get an account here Wink