FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Setup php,mysql and others...

romaop
Well, I'm starting this php-mysql adventure. I saw that here at frihost php 4.4.2 is used. So I installed on my PC that version and copied 2 files (a .dll and a .ini) to their places (system32 and windows). I'm using a windows xp.

What shall I do more to procede with the journey?

Got a book about php but it's better to hear from you.

Write how you did the setup. What software shall I put in my computer to be able to test the pages even without internet connection?
Is Apache needed? What MySQL version? 4.0.23? And 4.0.23a?
AftershockVibe
You will definitely need Apache and MySQL if you're using any kind of database (which is quite likely).

For a beginner I'd suggest you have a look at http://www.apachefriends.org/en/index.html their XAMPP download installs MySQL, Apache and PHP in one go for you
romaop
Thanks AftershockVibe. Now I know I must install Apache and MySQL. As you say, "it will be hard to install these things", but the only way to really learn is by trying. So I'm going for it.

Apache help?

MySQL help?

Go for it, you don't waste ink. Just write.
alalex
If you have windows, once everything is installed, take the windows disk and insert it, you need to install the IIS component in order to preview php and MySQL without connection. I don't know how to explain you how to install it, but I suggest you to look it uo in your book. I used a book of blueprint, by Toby Boudreaux, and it is great!

For any specific problem, ask it here!!!