FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Opinions Please!

krazycapital
Hi! I'm working on a site and I need opinions. The site is http://webbie.zach.frih.net. Prouldy hosted by Frihost!
Thanks,
Zach
Squeeky
Hi, congrats on getting a site up....

There are a few things that I don't like, bugs and improvements which could be done to it, to put it bluntly. I don't want to give u sugar coated stuff so don't be offended, its a great site with great content and i can see you have put a lot of time into it!!!

1. First improvement would be to make it bigger. The frame thingy is tiny, you should make it a lot bigger!!! It would also mean people wouldn't have to click next as much during your tutorial, and i HATE clicking next all the time!!!

2. i dont see the point in putting a The End link in, its useless!

Positives.
It is easy to navigate, the defult colour scheme is great! Nice banner! The name is very weird but sticks in your head so that is also good.

Overall, well done...some inprovements and i hope you get plenty of visitors!
Matte52
i agree with #2 , you may also make the siter a littelbit bigger bot on the heigh and wieth. A other thing that also is good is to ad some side panels bot on left and right side Very Happy Good luck with your site
snowboardalliance
Yeah make it bigger, and maybe adjust the banner color to be a blue that matches your site better, or use that banner color somewhere else on the page.
Nyizsa
I like the idea of the site!
My points:
- Be more XHTML-specific. Try to use XHTML syntax even in the HTML section.
- A Table of Contents in the sidebar would be useful...
- ...or put the navigation on the top or on the side. I got a bit annoyed as the Next link was always in a different position.
Great work, anyway!
jeffsolodky
I love the header logo, that is just awesome, except for the right side part, which has font that is really hard to decipher. Second, the main page is blank, yet amazingly cluttered. I would also reccomen that if you are going to make a codder themed website that you use some of the codding themes (i.e. start a paragraph with a "<" and end it with a ">" (nothing to intrusive, but to give a nastaligic coder theme)).
SGbilder
I would put in some backgroundcolor, like light grey. It's not very pleasent for the eyses when its all white.. just my opinion

Otherwise I thint it's a really nice work!
condor666
As i'll see it there must be some css errors and i think the website is not W3C compliant.
Tex_Arcana
Yeah, I think you are asking for trouble if you have a web design site that doesn't validate. Especially if your working with something so simple and forgiving as XHTML 1.0 transitional. People aren't going to take you too seriously if they do check to see if you validate or not.