FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Word Application Error!!

gatech
Hey, I found this on an other forum site, it was very interesting. I don't know if it is given before but i would like to share just incase. Open a a new clean page in Microsoft Word and write this =rand(200,99) by itself and hit the enter button and see what happens.(This comment is after you try it) One other interesting thing(This is tried by me) is phares means different in different languages i mean not the word but when you translate it is totally different things. I have tried English, Korean, Spanish, Turkish, and Dutch all came differently. Write what you think.
RiCtee
gatech wrote:
Open a a new clean page in Microsoft Word and write this =rand(200,99) by itself and hit the enter button and see what happens

You can find a lot more of those things in http://www.eeggs.com/. The sentence that appears contains all 26 letters of the roman alphabet. It's a convenient test phrase for testing fonts and markup. Another better and more popular one for testing is the Lorem Ipsum - http://www.lipsum.com/.
Quote:
One other interesting thing(This is tried by me) is phares means different in different languages i mean not the word but when you translate it is totally different things.

What do you mean??
gatech
What do I mean by that is .I don't now if you tried when I tried in English the senteces was TheCrazyDog........ something like that in English Microsoft Office, but you know Microfost office available in most languages and when I tried in other Languages the senteces was different mean that is when you translate to english it was not just TheCrazyDog........ it was totally different.
Josso
"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." - For about 200 pages. Yes coincidently I found out about this recently via a friend that was told by one of his friends on MSN. It's different in different languages eh? That’s rather strange. I assumed it was a beta test thing for when they were developing word to see how fast it was running or something similar... but this different languages thing suggests it might be used for something different.
ocalhoun
I've reverse-engineered the little code:
=rand(X,Y)
X > number of lines (hard returns)
Y > number of repititions per line

These are apparently the maximum values you can use:
(Only positive integers work)
X=200
Y=99

Therefore:
Code:
=rand(1,1)
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

=rand(1,2)
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.  The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

=rand(2,1)

I've no idea why it is called "rand" it seems anything but random...