FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Somebody using my database ?

wumingsden
Everyone has a test database for mySQL on signup, correct ? I have never used this database for anything but I have just noticed that its grown in size. It used to have around 2 tables I think but now it has 96 tables. The tables are named nuke_*** but I have only installed this once and it wasn't on FriHost. Can the additional nuke tables be explained ? Is it possible that someone could use the test database ? Can I somehow delete the test database ?

Update: Ok, now offically weird. I went back into phpMyAdmin and looked to see wether the tables had any size and wether they were empty. Them were between 1 and 5 kb. I then went on another database and then went back to the test database and it said "No tables in database", can any of this be explained ? Confused
leos4h
Ask a "ADMIN"
devroom
today i was changing some things with phpyadmin on frih.net
every1 has The Test database who cant be deleted. I cleaned it And the big news: there were NUKE databases in it.
Doesnt make sence to me but maybe it are tables who more people have and just can be deleted
Daniel15
Well, the test database is just used to test MySQL and see if it's working properly. This database will appear in everyone's account. It's quite stupid to put any data in it, as the database is seen, and can be edited, by anyone. Also, it could get cleared out, leaving the user without their data.

Quote:
Them were between 1 and 5 kb. I then went on another database and then went back to the test database and it said "No tables in database", can any of this be explained ?

Simple. Someone must have deleted the tables while you were checking.
wumingsden
by someone who do you mean ? another user on server 2 is able to access the test account ?
Daniel15
wumingsden wrote:
by someone who do you mean ? another user on server 2 is able to access the test account ?

I believe it's accessible to everyone. Well, the cPanel test database is.
devroom
devroom wrote:
today i was changing some things with phpyadmin on frih.net
every1 has The Test database who cant be deleted. I cleaned it And the big news: there were NUKE databases in it.
Doesnt make sence to me but maybe it are tables who more people have and just can be deleted

Quote:
I cleaned it

Can also that someone else did too
wumingsden
OK, i get it. Is there a need for it ? Does it serve a good purpose ?
Daniel15
wumingsden wrote:
OK, i get it. Is there a need for it ? Does it serve a good purpose ?

No, it serves no useful purpose. It's only for testing. It's pretty stupid to put a live database in there, as anyone can access it.
wumingsden
OK, i get it now. Thanks for all the info, -locked-