FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

changing phpbb disabled message

ChrisCh
hey, does anybody know how to change the message that appears if you disable your phpbb board (a setting on the configuration tab)? If it helps, the message that i'm trying to change is "Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

thanks a lot!
tony
you could try downloading the phpbb forum software from phpbb.com and searching for that text in the scripts. When you find out which script has the text, simply edit the script and upload to replace the one on your frihost web space.
ChrisCh
i tried that, and it didnt work (i searched within the files, and searching for the whole phrase didn't work, so i searched for the words "currently unavailable" (without quotes), and still said that no files in the phpbb folder contain those words. i unzipped the files so that i could search, but its still not working.

would it maybe be something in MySQL? (im on server 2, so i had to setup my forum myself, it wasn't done by fantastico)

Smile
n0obie4life
languages/lang_english/lang_main.php

Find the string and just modify it accordingly.
ChrisCh
thanks! that file also let me change what other messages say on the board as well, so thanks! Smile