FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FLCL is teh gr8est

cowboyx
FLCL is the best anime ever! Gainax is teh greatest!
diddle
isnt it like a mini series? like 5-6 episodes and its done? It was pretty cool, until i found out it was that short, then they kept repeating the episodes like 500 times and i stopped watching.
dragonflame
diddle wrote:
isnt it like a mini series? like 5-6 episodes and its done? It was pretty cool, until i found out it was that short, then they kept repeating the episodes like 500 times and i stopped watching.

Yeah it was initially hard to get at first, but then you really like it like it's the best anime ever. The ending was a bit abrupt though, and leaves you...what was the point to all this?

The sound track is really nice though and the things they did with 2d animation...w.o.w.
rightclickscott
Me and Paul were up on last night watching all 6 episodes on a hong kong bootleg dvd, since I'm not gonna spend 3 times as much for 3 dvds with only 2 episodes each. It's awsome, and I really wish there was a continuation to it, but the thing is, everything you really needed to know about what happened with Noata, and not Mamimi, not Harikum, or any of the other characters has been covered. Doing individual stories about every character isn't the same as having all of these querky characters together. I would love to see more episodes, but I fear that I will be gravely dissapointed with them.
Scaramanga
rightclickscott wrote:
Me and Paul were up on last night watching all 6 episodes on a hong kong bootleg dvd, since I'm not gonna spend 3 times as much for 3 dvds with only 2 episodes each.

Yeah, cause god forbid we actually support the original creators of something. These things are a luxury, not a right.
Monkeydog
It's all right, but Abenobashi is much better.
dragonflame
flcl was said to be very expensive...like it cost as much to make the eva series by gainax or something...
rightclickscott
Scaramanga wrote:
Yeah, cause god forbid we actually support the original creators of something. These things are a luxury, not a right.

FLCL has been around for quite awhile. I doubt that Gainax is still riding the Fooly Cooly train and, instead, trying to find something else to make money off of. I am not a rich person, and that's the only bootleg thing I've bought, since spending so much money on so little content is a complete bitch. Don't get sarcastic with me just because I'm not a rich bastard. If I had the money, I probably would buy all three. But I'd eventually put them all into one disk and probably give them to my friends, because I'm a nice guy, but I really don't like it, no, I hate it when people act completely smug while I'm trying to do what I can to enjoy the entertainment, while people who have money act better than me.
mtoni
FLCL is just weird.....
The drawings are done really well (nice style)
The story is weird, characters are weird, relations between each characters are weird..

but I love it Very Happy
Juparis
FLCL was my favorite mini-series for a while. Until it was being replayed hundreds of time.. Still, I find it humorous and the animation is always amazing to watch.

I believe the creators of FLCL also made a movie called Dead Leaves. I haven't seen it myself, but I was told it's the same style as FLCL, but with 10x the chaos, and a unique humor to it.
Psychopath50187
The show was Super funny the first Time I watched it but after that it really isnt anymore.
driftingfe3s
I liked FLCL. It was fun and whacky, but if you look at it, its very similar to evangelion...but on crack. Still I liked the animation and the funky style.
OtakuBoi
Word on the street, is that the creators were on drugs when they made it (no joke) and they were busted shortly after finishing the 6th episode... When they went back to making it, off drugs, it sucked XD

That's just what I heard :X
rightclickscott
So, basically, they made a completely random FLCL manga on drugs, people liked it, and was made into a TV show? That really doesn't make much sense when it comes to timeframes but OK!

It something has to be drug influenced, it's Katamari Damacy, but that's a story for a different forum.
ato784
I never understood FLCL and probably never will (not for the innuendos, but why they made it), but I do like to revive old topics.