FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Best deal? - can someone beat netfirms.com?





Dustin
I currently am running runescape.frih.com (almost everything is on the site, its just all hidden in folders so that only i can view it. Why you ask, because i can)

Anywase my site is going to have several videos on it, and tonnes of pictures (not to mention a fairly high bandwidth chat http://www.runescape.frih.net/chat/).

Overall I estimate that for the first few months my site will need approximatly 100gb/month of transferr. However as the site grows so will the bandwidth costs (and my banner size, lol) and i estimate my needs to grow into the 400GB/month range. Disk Space is not a factor in my decision, just so long as it is at least a gigabite.

So i was wondering if someone could reccamend me a host, that would suit my needs, currently netfirms is offering the following for $10/month (in $USD)
20000 MB (20 GB) of Disk Space
750 GB Monthly Data Transfer
100 E-mail Accounts
Website Starter CD ($149 Value)
30 MySQL Databases
24/7 Expert Technical Support
jyrevi
hmmm... try:

http://hosting.dark-obsessions.net

i think they offer the same thing.. difference? its for free Smile well, I THINK Razz
tsav413
Dustin wrote:
I currently am running runescape.frih.com (almost everything is on the site, its just all hidden in folders so that only i can view it. Why you ask, because i can)

Anywase my site is going to have several videos on it, and tonnes of pictures (not to mention a fairly high bandwidth chat http://www.runescape.frih.net/chat/).

Overall I estimate that for the first few months my site will need approximatly 100gb/month of transferr. However as the site grows so will the bandwidth costs (and my banner size, lol) and i estimate my needs to grow into the 400GB/month range. Disk Space is not a factor in my decision, just so long as it is at least a gigabite.

So i was wondering if someone could reccamend me a host, that would suit my needs, currently netfirms is offering the following for $10/month (in $USD)
20000 MB (20 GB) of Disk Space
750 GB Monthly Data Transfer
100 E-mail Accounts
Website Starter CD ($149 Value)
30 MySQL Databases
24/7 Expert Technical Support


Google just came out with a toolbar button for a domain registration company called Namecheap.com. Not sure if what they give you is enough, but for me its perfect. $8.88 p/year. check out the link and find them on your Google toolbar.

http://www.namecheap.com/index.asp
salman_500
try:

http://www.iipanel.net
Hobbit
www.siteground.com it has very fast support. You can chat with them live, or post in the forum.
itarlo
these are two of the sites I've found that will give you a good price for what you are getting.

They both seem to be British. I will probably buy a domain and hosting on the second one.

www.gisol.com

http://www.ixwebhosting.com/
bgbg
netrillium has pretty attractive deals (http://netrillium.com). Look at the "promotions" section
itarlo
bgbg wrote:
netrillium has pretty attractive deals (http://netrillium.com). Look at the "promotions" section


you call this attractive? 150M for 3$ a month? it's a rip-off
bgbg
jyrevi wrote:
hmmm... try:

http://hosting.dark-obsessions.net

i think they offer the same thing.. difference? its for free :) well, I THINK :P


The problem with them is that you have to pass their criteria of "nice HTML design", which is, not for everybody. You also have to update the site regulary or else it will be deleted.

To make short story shorter: it's nice, but not for everyone
CyanEyed
check out http://xerohosting.com they allow you to FULLY customise ur package.
[FuN]goku
belkihost.com is good my friend owns it Smile
marques1975
I have this one:

http://www.hostmonster.com
20GB/ $7,95 a month



In this one, they say they offer 10 domains for the price of 1:

http://www.startlogic.com/
15GB/ $4,95 a month


Oscar
Mannix
$7.95/mo and unmetered bandwidth 12gb space. Free 24/7 support. Web Design program.(I'm a bit weary of companies that say "unlimited bandwidth")
http://www.midphase.com/?AID=10305042&PID=1919927

$6.95/mo 400gb bandwidth 5gb space
http://www.lunarpages.com/index.php

Free domian names on both.
Related topics
Survey: Which type of advertisements are you interested in?
Which linux is the best for a new user?
Funny pickup lines
CHUCK NORRIS
what martial art do you think is the best
Best deal for static IPs?
Netfirms
[OFFICIAL] Favourite/Best CMS
Ohio STAVE V MICHIGAN
What's the best best digital camera to buy this Christmas?
I need to know if this is normal
Best deal I have seen.
Best deal you ever got on a game
what's the best way to advertise a website
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Webmaster and Internet -> Domain Names

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.