FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Word 2003 problem

Tvis
I'm getting really good feedback here on problems that I face. So I thought. let's try another one. This is something that has been hunting me since I first installed Office 2003 2 years ago. I started to live with it, but maybe someone can help.

1. Everytime I freshly start (fresh=first time use after turning on the computer) Word (or Outlook opening a new mail to write) I get this message that there was an error and if I want to repair it. That is first problem, because it takes a while before Word opens. Everytime I open Word later (after having it closed again) I do not have this problem anymore. Why does it have this problem?

2. Moreover, EVERYTIME I close Word or Outlook, I get this message "MS Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry..."

Together with the message if I want to send it to MS

this is the error message, unfortunately it does not give a ModName, so I don;t know what is causing this bug...

AppName: winword.exe AppVer: 11.0.6568.0 AppStamp:42e178a5
ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 ModStamp:00000000
fDebug: 0 Offset: 02f59ef8

Anyone familiar with these problems?
aningbo
i have been using word 2003 for over a yr now and dont face a thing. why dont u try miscosoft.com for help!

is your copy a legal copy? most copies u find on the net r actually spywares. of course they work but they have extra features like sypwares and trojans...lol.

anyway gud luck with it.
MonkeyWrench
yeah i havent had any problems either and i been using microsoft 2003 for 2 years, and the only way to open word up quicker is have a faster pc Cool
ChargerBear
I would uninstall it properly and then reinstall it. The stuff you've already done with it will work with the new install. So your not going to lose anything except maybe a bad installation.
MonkeyWrench
yeah i agree with that, best option for most problems is to re install, i cant think as to why you are getting that problem.
manumiglani
Tvis wrote:
I'm getting really good feedback here on problems that I face. So I thought. let's try another one. This is something that has been hunting me since I first installed Office 2003 2 years ago. I started to live with it, but maybe someone can help.

1. Everytime I freshly start (fresh=first time use after turning on the computer) Word (or Outlook opening a new mail to write) I get this message that there was an error and if I want to repair it. That is first problem, because it takes a while before Word opens. Everytime I open Word later (after having it closed again) I do not have this problem anymore. Why does it have this problem?

2. Moreover, EVERYTIME I close Word or Outlook, I get this message "MS Office Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry..."

this is the error message, unfortunately it does not give a ModName, so I don;t know what is causing this bug...

were you installing or uninstalling something else while you were installing ms word 2003 ? i think that problem can come when you are installing or uninstalling two things or programs at the same time. better uninstall and then install it again.
Clash
Tvis wrote:

Along with uninstalling/reinstalling, I would try installing the service packs for this product if you have not already done so. Office 2003 is on SP2 now, so you could install that, and see if it fixes the problem. Service pack installation will usually replace all the executables and libraries, so it's the next best thing to an unistall/reinstall
Tvis
Unfortunately I do not see any improvement, following the advise. Have to admit I do not have a bought version of Office Laughing But do actually all of you have one like that? I cannot imagine. Fact is that I tried various downloads. And the problem is the same. Weird thing is that My dad's and my sisters compu have the same problem. I installed it on theirs too. I downloaded 3 times this office CD...and all three installations give me the same. But only Word gives me the problem, all other MS applications run fine. Of course I find it in Outlook also because that uses Word (in my case).