FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Front Page question:

XeononyX
I use frontpage to access my website and a while back it worked perfectly fine. I simply made a network place in my network places and when I openend up Fronpage I opened that site. But for some reason my memory is hazy about doing that again and I cant seem to get it to click anymore. I was wondering if someone can tell me the proper setting to create a network place useable by frontpage.

I sucessfully created one using ftp : // ftp. xeononyx. frihost.net but frontpage doesn't like that, and I remembered that from before.

Also I re-installed frontpage extensions just in case via the Cpanel but I'm simply forgetting something really simple.

Thank you in advance, Xeon

p.s. Bondings for president
Daniel15
I believe you can use http://www.xeononyx.frihost.net/ instead of ftp:// in FrontPage. Using HTTP is better, as it allows you to use the in-built FrontPage components (the 'Server Extensions')

If you still want to use FTP, then try ftp://xeononyx.frihost.net/public_html/ . That should work for you.
XeononyX
Well I had problems using the locations you told me but knowing exactly what I needed to put in there, I felt safe enough to go ahead and remove the front page extensions from the C-panel, then removed all the old stuff and reinstalled them again again and it worked... thanks Daniel for all your help! ... Thanks Xeon,.

ps. ealier attempts I was only using the reinstall option and it didn't work.

this time I uninstalled and installed seperately and it seemed to work like clockwork.
Daniel15
Glad to see you got it working.
-close-