FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to be happy.

Wynand
How to be happy.

The big question in life is how to be happy.

To answer this question, we have to ask the question: What is happiness?

Is happiness having enough money to buy everything you need and want? Are you happy then if you have everything? What about the people that has everything. Are they always happy? NO. So to everything can not be the answer.

Is happiness for everyone to like you? No, I don’t think so. For everybody to like you, you must do everything everyone expects of you. To do all this will put a big strain on you and I don’t think that will really make you happy.

Is happiness for everyone to love you? Now we came nearer to the truth, but I don’t think this is the answer. What I think the answer is is to love. Not only those that love you, but also those that don’t.

So to be happy, you must love no matter what the other person or persons do. Try this for a day and you will see the changes. Tell me what you experienced. Did you feel happier that day?
alja
I think that then you will also need to define love, what is love?
I believe that the concept of happiness is personal, diferent things make happy different people, I do agree that love is happiness but believe me it took me a while to realize it, before this realization I was "happy" with money, girls, popularity and so on.
Vrythramax
Shocked

What is your question? You ask a question then answer it yourself...are you asking what makes me happy, my life experiences...what?
Jack_Hammer
Genetics, you can be born more genetically happier than someone else.
Wink
pharma
i think happieness

is not in money or girls

happieness is in ur sole

u seems to be as fly in the air

without any attention to world and proplems
Laughing
djcaution
For me, happiness is videogames. Lots and lots and lots of videogames. Lots of them.
Josso
lol - let's ask our good old friend Google.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=define%3A+love&meta=
Dragonfly
YOu will get true happiness by being content in what you have, not in getting what you want because what we want keep changing and pilled up more and more each day. And that happiness will come from within...
dac_nip
Actually, that's a very difficult question. What is happiness? First of all, its relative. You can be happy yourself but others might not. What is the basis of your happiness? Is it good or bad? and again how can you define good? There are good things meant to be bad. Again this is relative. It depends on how you define something as good. so your claim about being happy just applies to yourself. you can never such question. even philosphers during the ancient age like Plato never defined happiness but only confined/idealized something where happiness can be applied. nothing is absolute. lol
Raffles
Dragonfly wrote:
YOu will get true happiness by being content in what you have, not in getting what you want because what we want keep changing and pilled up more and more each day. And that happiness will come from within...

:yes:

It's all in being satisfied, like Johnny Cash sang. If your goal from early on in your life was to be rich, with a loving family, a full garage, that this is a goal you will have to achieve to be happy. Others have goals of sleeping with as many folk as possible, or seeing as much of the world as possible, or just doing as much as possible. People can be truly happy when they are on the road to satisfaction too, but I guess that is kinda being satisfied.

I just imagine being sat there feeling you have done everything you ever want to, and being able to do more besides, would be true happyness.

R
planet
Meds babee Meds,,,,, V peace! =))
thiamshui
Happiness is getting what you want.. To define happiness, you have to think deeply, what do you want in life? Do you want... money? fame? power? luxuries? love? or something DEEPER and BROADER?

Keep searching.. Smile
Garnet
"Happiness is good health and a bad memory."

Yah I'd be much much happier if I could forget some things (ex: everything I've said when I'm nervous). When the saying mentions "health" I take it as in both mind and body. You can't be happy if you think badly of youself, and you can't be happy if don't look after youself.
CompactHaven
I know what happiness is because I live in a perpetual state of (refer back).
Anyway, if you want to be happy, you have to find a passion. It's good to find a job that you would PAY to do.

Happiness is about being happy. One of the hap hap happiest things you can do in life is laugh. LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH.

Laughing is helped dramatically by being around people you do OR don't like (when a friend is around). Look at everyone as a goofy cartoon character. I'm not kidding. Think of funny things the cartoon charactor enemy, or friend would do.
Jack_Hammer
Smoke pot, that makes you happy.
Wink
girlinjapan
Being easily amused...... that makes you happy too.

Oh look...something shiny...
dac_nip
by the way..out of topic. just once, how to add pictures on your signature? can anyone tell me please. thanks.
goutha
Take it easy, but take it!

In my opinion, thant's the secrest of happy people...
xkarenflowerx
i feel happy when my seretonin and beta-endorphin levels are high.

i feel very loving and compassionate then Smile when they are low, i feel sad and painful.

but high = happy Very Happy

~

i do agree with the statement about loving everyone and everything no matter what they do or what happens. i tend to do this anyway. . i think i always have done. . and i do feel a deep, inner sense of happiness.

^.^

also: "Happiness is good health and a bad memory."

i do tend to forget a lot of things lol :/ like, things that happened last week or a few months ago or a few years. and i do feel happy, albeit slightly lost sometimes Razz

so i guess i agree with that statement too.
skygaia
How to happy... hmmmm..

what makes people unhappy ?
I think people feel unhappy when they don't satisfy.
we know there are no limit to man's greed. Usually, it makes people unhappy. so we must not be so grasping.

moderation is very important for people to be happy.
but it is very hard.
lukeropro
I think that wynand posted that because he was unhappy and was trying to get answers from us. Well wynand, go solve those questions yourself...
rightclickscott
I find enjoyment in women and games and booze and all that other fun stuff, but I've never really had happiness. Music is a real sensation that can make people happy, but it doesn't really compare to love. As to defining love, you really cant. I think one of the best quotes I've ever heard was "You can ask 100 different people what love is and get 100 different answers." The only thing wrong with that is that I can't stand Inuyasha.
SpiderZombie
Personally, all I need to be happy is my notebooks, my computer, and some pencils. I draw and write alot, almost continously, so I simply have to have my notebooks and some pencils. Well, that and my music. I must be able to listen to my tunes. But besides that, I couldn't be happier! ^.^ Very Happy
Wisniadnb
I must have my wife near me .That its for me really MOUTHFUL ! other thing or subject like computer ,book ...etc. could not be nessery.
That its my opinion
RhysAndrews
"Vibrant Simplicity".
Slogan for my Company. Also has a lot about the key to happiness.

You know the poor people who have just enough to live will much likely be happier than Rich people. They don't have all the electronics or anything to distract them; they just eat when they need to, drink when they need to, sleep when they need to, and work when they need to. And they're happy because there's not a lot going on in their lives, which will relieve stress and chances of having something bad happen. No matter what, if you have everything, you'll get bored of that everything and will want a better version of that everything. Seriously; I've got one of the best computer speakers out there but I want something better.

I can also easily say, Faith in God will make you happier. It has definitely done so for me. But remember, life is never always happy.

-Rhys
.::idealist::.
If you don't know suffering, you can't understand what real happiness is.
Kaisonic
That's deep stuff man. Personally, I think happiness lies within the person (obviously). For someone to be happy is for someone to be doing what they enjoy doing. I think that's about it. Not having everything in the world, not having the most money in the world, just doing things that you enjoy doing. But for an extended period of time. Sure you can be happy playing a game for an hour, but that's not necessarily considered lifelong happiness. If you end up doing something for the rest of your life that you enjoy doing, then it's lifelong happiness. If this doesn't make any sense, I apologize for what may seem to be an arbitrary imposition. And I'm really tired.
ilang
ithink that the happiness is powerfull and enough money without thinking about life
Gieter
ilang wrote:
ithink that the happiness is powerfull and enough money without thinking about life

OK, so you're powerful AND very rich, and you have cancer, you are ugly, you can't get a wife, you don't have any teeth left, everyone hates you,... would you be happy? Smile

I think that you can sum up criteria to be happy (you can of course), but everyone has to determine how he/she can be happy. Some people want to get lots of money, some people are dreaming by overpowering the capitalist government and installing communism, ... (I'm not a communist Wink)
the_mariska
I've recently read that the word happy means nothing more than enjoying oneself. And that there is no exact english word for polish "szczęśliwy" - pleased with his life, fulfilled, one that found the aim of his life and reached it. I'd rather talk about the second one.

We all are looking for something that may make us happy, for some it would be money, for others power, love or fame. However, we can never be totally satisfied, as we always want some more than we have now, no matter if we are a celebrity or if we are extremely poor. There are more and more cases in Europe of people who seem to have succeeded in every part of their lifes - business, family life, posession, but commit a suicide in the end. Can we call such a person happy?

Only the love could help us, as it's the only power that breaks our egoism. I'm talking about love, not bout lust. If we start living for someone else not just for ourselves our live becomes to have more sense. But we all well know that we are just humans and no one of us is perfect. We hurt even those who we love the most, and I know like hell how this can affect on your mood Wink So, as for me, it's good to focus your love on someone who will never betray you - on the God. He does really love you, and that's why He leaves it up to you, whether to love Him back or not. If you are doing well with God, you'll start to do well in your relationships with people, and feel definitely more pleased of your life. Cause when the most important things are focused on, the rest will do well anyway.

Tested on myself Very Happy
alltalk
I think we need to keep our mind and heart happy and don't think the sad things....lol
My English are not good enough to represent my thinking~
tkcy
Well, to be happy..........firstly you have to learn how to be content.

Becuase "uncontentment" or rather dissatisfaction beings about unhappiness.

Treasure n be happy about what you have, cos you don't want to regret it when you lose it one day. Cheers! Smile
Lilystock
First, I think that happiness is very relative and personal. 2 people in the exact same situation may not feel the same contentment.

As for me, I think that happiness come from ourselves.

Some people are just never satisfy because they will only think of the things negatively (in french, we have a saying "To see a half empty glass instead of a half full glass").
Some people get the blues easely.

Maybe it is also hormonal as when we are pregnant and just after delivery, we can get the blues because of hormonal changes.

Personnally, I work on being happy not by getting everything I want, nor by trying to have load of money, but simply by being happy with what I already have : a loving husband, a beautiful baby girl, everybody in good health etc etc... When something threaten my happiness, I just force myself to look at the good side of life.

Wink
sparks
I think happiness comes from girls and women and money.

If you have that combination plus maximum health then you become happy.

However I do not believe in 100 percent happinness. In fact I do not believe in over 85 percent hapinness.

Life is what happens to you when your busy doing something else!!
Jaime
Very Happy Very Happy Prozac is the answer.... Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy THe secret of hapiness it's the Prozac Very Happy Very Happy
izimngcubes15
Happiness comes from the heart, I get happy most times....sometimes when I'm lonely, I can never be happy.
essentialmedia
Do things you enjoy.
Dance
Sex
Sing in the Shower
Act a fool when nobody is looking
Quit going to church
Drive a little faster today
Do something silly
Play with your kids
Go to a movie
Think not about what you don't have but what you do have.
{name here}
Try to relax. If you can relax for a second of the day, you can't be happy - you'll be too stressed to do it.
sponguy
People, are always asking me why I am always in a good mood, as though nothing ever phases me...bottom line I always seem to be happy. Yet at the same time people are for ever wondering how I am so forgiving and I can find something to appreciate in everyone. Some people, they say, just are not likeable. But these same people never seem to make the connection between the two. Our environment is so full and forever affecting us, our happiness derives from our ability to find the aspects of these effects that we can appreciate and enjoy, whether it be in the weather, or the people, or the snow thats blown up against the side of a tree. its pretty simple really, its all in the attitude...it takes a lot of practice though, and a fair bit of dedication.
rightclickscott
We need more schaudenfruede in this world.
tefa_taftaf2010
sparks wrote:
I think happiness comes from girls and women and money.

If you have that combination plus maximum health then you become happy.

Excuse me to discuss it with u !! Cool

mony can go and come several times .. can be the evil to u .can sure make u unhappy ..
girls and women (???) i really don't apprehend ur meaning ..
but i think ur meaning can't make a happy feeling ,, it can make u happy in a moment .. minutes.. hours .. mouths .. whatever how long
but i think all the time will not full of happy .. not full of safety .,,

let me agree with u on the health that we must thank our GOD on it all
the time .. but i must use it in a good way .. in a good FEALTY to urself..

let me tell my words and don't discuss any more ... Arrow
what about safety?? a comfortable conscience ?? our GOD protection ??
a warmth hug circle u by his lovely soul promise u that u r a treasure
that GOD give u , and containing the life together in GOD pleasure ??

what about success in ur education , life and love ??
what about satisfy ur parents ?? what about good friends in ur life help u
love u , listen to u , make u happy and promise to the end 2gether??

i think there are much more things over these above can make u happy
Want to be happy .. just make all all things u want and make u happy but under GOD pleasure and protection ..
and all things making from ur deep feelings and deep resolution ..
HAPPY feeling so so great and can't any words express it
feeling that the world in ur hand ... Great Idea
sparks
Wow

That's a very powerful message. I will try to memeorize it and think about it later.

Did you get this from a book, church or did you think about it yourself. If you thought about it yourself then you ARE a genious.

WOW! Shocked
Aimewitue
what's hapiness? this is a good question,so i think,happiness is just a feeling ,you can found hapiness in many thing : love,passion,hobbies ect ... so the most important is you! if you don't be in peace with yourself,you cannot be happy ever ...
Rick_T
jaime wrote:
Very Happy Very Happy Prozac is the answer.... Very Happy Very Happy
Very Happy Very Happy THe secret of hapiness it's the Prozac Very Happy Very Happy

If that is happiness then one will NEVER achieve happiness!

It is impossible to have women AND money! You can have money, and that will attract the women, but as soon as you have women you money will decrease exponentially over time! Laughing
Rick_T
Sorry, I screwed up the message I was quoting.

The quote I was refering to was " I think happiness comes from girls and women and money. " submitted by Sparks

My response:

If that is happiness then one will NEVER achieve happiness!

It is impossible to have women AND money! You can have money, and that will attract the women, but as soon as you have women you money will decrease exponentially over time! Laughing
Arnie
alja wrote:
I think that then you will also need to define love, what is love?

http://ckjcwf.ytmnd.com/ Wink
ateawonton
one must seek the whole earth
standready
nice to see an old post dug up out of the mothballs
inoshi
Jack_Hammer wrote:
Genetics, you can be born more genetically happier than someone else.
Wink

Yes, but genetics doesn't determine one's ultimate capacity for happiness, in most cases.
Deline
I am so happy with simple stuffs, like eating, watching my TV series and being home with family.