FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A very good PHP MySQL Tutorial

0zby
you can visit this site http://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/

it help me a lot
Quote:

PHP MySQL Tutorial

Soon you will know just how easy it is to build dynamic web pages using PHP and MySQL. Really, PHP and MySQL is easy to learn, and I hope this tutorial will help you realise that Smile

I'm sure that by the end of this tutorial you will have enough knowledge to build your own database driven website using PHP & MySQL. Of course this tutorial is not perfect. So if you have any critiques, question, problem or suggestion please let me know.

For a fast start just go straight to the fourth section where you can learn how to connect to MySQL using PHP. However, if you haven't installed PHP and MySQL go visit the first section. It explains how to install PHP, MySQL and Apache. And if you are a newcomer in PHP go to the second section to learn the basics of PHP.

Ok, here is the list of tutorials you can find in this website. Feel free to browse around.. .

Installing Apache PHP and MySQL
In case you haven't installed the trio yet don't skip this section. This page explains about installing Apache, PHP and MySQL on Windows plus some images to make things clearer. It also covers modifying Apache configuration and PHP configuration so the two can work together.

PHP Tutorial
Give you enough to get started. First, you will learn how to open and close PHP blocks, continued with using comments, a brief explanation about PHP variables and types. Then you'll learn about manipulating strings, control structures, functions and how to use web forms.

MySQL Tutorial
You will learn about starting MySQL, adding new MySQL user, creating a database and tables. Then you'll learn about the SQL queries to insert data,get the data, update and delete.

Connecting to MySQL database
This is where you start to put PHP and MySQL together. This page explains how to open and close MySQL connection with PHP.

Creating a MySQL database
Obviously you will need to create your database first. This part explains how to create MySQL database and table through PHP

Insert Data To MySQL Database
After you have the database and tables ready it's time to learn how to insert your data into the database.

Getting The Data
Once you have the data stored in the database surely you want to get it back. This page explains how to get your data out of MySQL plus how to convert your query result into Excel format

Using Paging
This one explains how to show your query result into multiple pages and how to create the navigation link. Also show the problem that might happen when using paging and the solution.

Update and Delete
Explains how to update and delete your data and how to use table locking to prevent violation of data integrity.

Using PHP To Backup MySQL Database
In this page you can learn three different ways to backup your MySQL database

Form Validation
This one explains how to validate HTML form on server side using PHP plus client side form validation using Javascript to make your form more user friendly.

Creating a Guestbook
Guestbook is one of the most common feature for a website and this tutorial will teach you how to create your own guestbook using PHP and MySQL. It also explain how to use PHP functions to prevent code injection and the use of paging.

Uploading Files to MySQL
This page describe how to upload a file to MySQL database and how to download it back.

Creating a Content Management System (CMS)
Content Management System is getting more and more popular by the day. This tutorial explains how to create a simple CMS, how to add, modify and delete content using web form.

User Authentication
This part explain three methods of authenticating a user. The first is hardcoding the user info in the script itself. The second one check for the user id and password in database. The third one add an random number verification.

Finding Web Hosting for PHP and MySQL
Just some tips for choosing the right host.

Freelance PHP and MySQL jobs
Internet is the best place to find freelance jobs. This page show one of them and also some list you need to think about before going freelancing.

PHP MySQL Bookstore
Since this tutorial doesn't cover everything about php and mysql programming I decided to add a book store on this site. Here you can find several great books about programming with PHP and MySQL.

Shopping Cart Tutorial
I finally complete this tutorial. It's kindof big so i put it in it's own domain. Because it's new i'm begging you to send me your critiques. The demo site is working with the administration stuff disabled ( like add/modify/delete product ) but you can download the source code so you can try it on your computer.

Online resources
Some website related to PHP and MySQL. Actually a couple of these resources are not related to PHP or MySQL but I put them there anyway because they are useful. Check it out, you may find some that interest you

NOTE:
This tutorial currently only covers PHP4. When my web host support PHP5 I'll start adding some PHP5 specific features. Stay tuned for more php mysql tutorial
acamas
Awesome Thanyou very much for that. It cleared up accoulpe of my problems with php! Hopefully i will remember what i have just read Very Happy thank you

Macca