FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Speedfan Voltages

broti
Hey guys,
You probably know the program speedfan? It reads out fan speeds/temperatures and your voltages used by your pc. And more.!?
Well today I bought a new power supply. A 500 Watt powersupply. I installed it. I just installed Speedfan. My voltages are:
vcore: 1.55V
+3.3V = 3.39V
+5V = 5.13V
+12V = 11.61V

-5V = -7.71V
-12V = -14.91V

I don't know if that last -Voltages matter. But they are pretty much out of limit. My pc is still stable and isn't getting hot or something. I'll pop in my other power supply tomorow. To see the difference.
Or is this just completely normal? Well I think not but could be. Razz Plz tell me Smile or my pc could be melted away tomorow. Shocked haha tnx already.

Cya

EDIT: I did clock my cpu a little but that wouldn't make a difference, does it??
ocalhoun
Don't worry about it. If your computer is running off voltage its no problem at all unless you have overheating problems.
broti
lol k but. It does look strange Razz -5Volt @ 7.71 and -12Vol @ 14.91
MonkeyWrench
you have nothing to worry about, as long as your motherboard isnt over 5 years old then if the pc starts to get too hot and above the core temperature it will trip out and the computer will turn itself off, worst case scenario, u lose all ur work u havent saved when it happens Razz

you can just buy another cooling fan. Cool