FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


J-ROCK





DarkAkira
I dont know how many people here like J-rock, but I know I do.

Japanese music to me seems better than most of the crap in America.

If you like J-Rock, then post what bands. I personally like L'arc~en~Ciel, D'espairsRay, Gackt, DOREMIdan, Orange Range, WhiteBerry, Zone, Berry, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, and many more.
JohnFMcKillop
No reply on this post? Don't anyone listen to JRock? (besides Japs) I live in Indonesia, and there are jap inspired music groups here (and fanbase that are built from on their passion towards anime) I like L'arc~en~Ciel also, but I'm a freakin' huge fan of utada hikaru, since around 6 years ago, with her debut single, First Love, hell, if I was in Japan, I'd be the one marrying her, not her current husband .. (sure must've broken a lotta hearts and hopes)..
DarkAkira
No one seems top know what J-rock is. They clearly don't know what they are missing.
DarkAkira
You know...

It is amazing how no one listens to J-Rock.

I mean... C'mon... It is so much better than most amersican music.
violetgnu
I like some J-Rock. Like the Pillows and Dir en Grey's Gauze album. Though, I have to disagree with you that American music ain't as good. I'm more familiar with Western music than J-Rock, though, and it's all about musical taste in the end!
DarkAkira
those bands are ok, but there is so much better than just them. I have an extensive collection.
achene
Well i don't really like J-rock. But that is of course my subjective oppinion. But i really don't see why they have to name a musical genre J-Rock just because the artist come from japan. I'm sure it would be easy to categorize a lot of the J-Rock artists as a different genre.
DarkAkira
You could try. But it is J-rock because the music is in Japanese.

Also... J-Roc doesn't quite fit into normal genres. They're rock is much more sophisticated than american music. Many more things are put into alot of it than just a couple instruments and some quick vocals.
silentdae
My sister loves j-rock and similar music and has it playing like all the time. I often find myself humming along to Gackt/Pierrot and others i don't even know. Of course i like it too Smile
Chalchihuitlicue
I love Jrock! Very Happy I'm starting to get quite the collection... Favourites of mine (from a whole range of dates... many of them are sadly no longer around) are: Malice Mizer (this is what got me into Jrock), Moi dix Mois, Psycho le Cemu, Dir en grey, DespairsRay, PIERROT, D, HIZAKI grace project, Pride of Mind, Vidoll, HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, Lareine, Penicillin, Rentrer en Soi, Phobia, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, and X. I'm also growing fond of Nightmare, Luna Sea, Flow (though I think they're more pop than rock), and Orange Range. And if you count the more techno side of things, I love Aural Vampire, Iceman and Schwarz Stein.
Andrew426
Is anyone else going to point out that its impossible for a single genre to be better and/or more sophisticated than all the music coming out of a whole country? Even just thinking that is stupid, because not only would you have to listen to every single song from that country, as well as every single song considered to be part of that genre (which is debatable, as some songs could easily fit into multiple genres) and then come up with some system of rating them.
silentdae
Oh yes, Psycho Le Cemu too!

@Andrew426: I think he was trying to say that J-Rock generally involves much more than American music. Which i'd have to agree with. J-Rock often involves costumes and other things. (And i'm American btw).
Andrew426
silentdae wrote:


@Andrew426: I think he was trying to say that J-Rock generally involves much more than American music.
What kind of American music?
silentdae
@Andrew426: Like i said, i think that's what he was trying to say. I can't speak for him. But anyways, i said generally so stating a specific genre isn't going to do any good. Here's some key things:
"The music trend has been already labelled as bizarre and unpredictable."
"Followers of the J-Rock boast such non-standard appearances that are usually rumoured to employ aliens images."

It's certainly more diverse than any american music i've heard. Especially modern american music which i'm finding to be all the same.
Chalchihuitlicue
silentdae wrote:
It's certainly more diverse than any american music i've heard. Especially modern american music which i'm finding to be all the same.


Agreed. The main reason I gave up listening to the radio was that a lot of American music sounds almost exactly like every other song you hear, and that which actually sounds different usually has quite unappealing subject matter. At least with Jrock and other foreign music (I like Russian music and Korean pop, too - I'm not exclusive on my music being Japanese), I don't have to know if the song's about things I'd rather not hear about - I can appreciate beautiful music for what it is.
Andrew426
A single genre can not me more diverse than all American music, because American music consists of multiple genres, while J-rock consists on just 1.

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&safe=off&oi=definer&q=define:musical+genre&defl=en
Quote:
A music genre is a category (or genre) of pieces of music that share a certain style or "basic musical language" (van der Merwe 1989, p.3). Music can also be categorized by non-musical criteria such as geographical origin. Such categories are not strictly genre and a single geographical category will often include a number of different genre.


http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=define%3Adiverse&btnG=Search&meta=
Quote:
distinctly dissimilar or unlike; "celebrities as diverse as Bob Hope and Bob Dylan"; "animals as various as the jaguar and the cavy and the sloth"
Chalchihuitlicue
I'm not going to argue with you about that, because you have a point. It is kind of strange how we compare one genre to every kind of music in America. However, you're not taking into account that a lot of American songs, regardless of genre, are about one thing: Love/sex. My main point is that I got really, really tired of hearing songs that were only about how much someone loves someone else, or else someone moping because their lover left them, or gloating about how hot they are and/or how often they get laid. At least with music in languages I don't understand, I don't have to know if I'm listening to the same old drivel about love/sex.

I've also come to realize that one thing that draws me to Jrock is that the singers tend to have much fuller-sounding voices when compared with singers from other countries. I have a passion for opera and love the full sound of the vocals, so it's natural that my favourite rock genre should have that fuller sound.
DarkAkira
The reason I said there is more to J-Rock than american rock is for a few reasons.

1. On todays radio, you here songs from different bands that are in the same category, but none have a unique sound. Every band sounds like the other bands. Like Death Metal. All death metal singers feel the need to have really fast double bass pedal drums and a screaming/scratchy throat singer with insanely fast guitar lines. All the bands I have heard from this genre sound way too like. Not much difference. And no real creativity.

Another Example. Emo music. All the bands have the same 4 or 5 power chords in every song and have lyrics of them attempting to be sad with singers that all sing the same way with the same exact whiny voice. Very lame.

2. All styles of american are the exact same as they were years ago. You don't see anyone trying to change the way a genre works to create a new sound anymore. Everyone just tries to copy someone else in their music. No sense of creativity.

With J-Rock, you usually don't have this.

With J-Rock, you have alot of differential styles that all fit into the same genre. It is rock, and it is japanese. But even though there are so many bands in this genre, almost all the bands have their own unique sound. You can't say that bands like UVERworld and The Pillows sound like Gackt or Miyavi. They don't. Even though they are in the same genre, they are all creative in their music. lso. Japanese artists tend to use more instruments in their music than american artists. With most american artists, you see the members, what they play, and thats all there is to it. There is no extra instruments or small parts that are just put in for the sound of it. There are only a few american bands that do this. Most japanese artists add different synth effects or second guitar parts when there is only one guitarist. They also use piano accompaniment with the heavy guitars which creates a new and exciting mood in the music.

Now dont get me wrong, I don't hate american music. And I am not basing my words on a few songs by a few bands. I have heard alot of music, both american and japanese. I have even heard alot of korean and german music. I am always looking for new bands all the time.

I am also an artist myself who has his own bands. I hear the music and the effort that goes into it, so i know what i am talking about. I am also a professional studio recorder and a digital mixer for bands. Japanese artists put more into their music than americans do. Its what happens.
prilly_baby
YES ME ME ME!! hahaha

I love most of the bands you posted already. Though you forgot to mention my all time favourites X -japan, Dir en grey and MIYAVI !! I agree with liking japanese music against american...it just sounds better and catchier and the styles are so unique and interesting. It's not all grunge or screamo/metal or neither punk. To me it has a sound all of it's own.
Chalchihuitlicue
prilly_baby wrote:
YES ME ME ME!! hahaha

I love most of the bands you posted already. Though you forgot to mention my all time favourites X -japan, Dir en grey and MIYAVI !! I agree with liking japanese music against american...it just sounds better and catchier and the styles are so unique and interesting. It's not all grunge or screamo/metal or neither punk. To me it has a sound all of it's own.


Actually, X and Dir en grey were already mentioned...

Though Miyavi is quite good too. I did leave Gackt and Miyavi off my list of favourites (I tend to list off bands rather than solo artists). Miyavi has some insanely catchy songs! I love "Are You Ready to Rock?" (more specifically, the Rhythm Battle Mix) and "Jibun Kakumei", though "Coin Rockers Baby" and "POP Is Dead" are also quite good.
DarkAkira
As part of my solo project I perform alot of miyavi songs. Sometimes i do some gackt ones at well.

My band might be playing at anime boston 2007.
Chalchihuitlicue
Surprised That's awesome! I wish that I could join a band that did music like that, but alas, even if I did find one, there really isn't much that fits my voice (high soprano Embarassed ). Even though I have good pitch, I can't even sing along with most Jrock without sounding completely stupid.
DarkAkira
I am sure there are J-Rock bands that fit your voice, you just haven't found any yet.

As fr the cover stuff. it is all my own doing. i started the bands and decided for my solo project to do miyavi and gackt stuff at shows. i have my own japanese songs that I write, but I don'y usually play them live.
pudovkin
I'm pretty much connected right now to japanese music. For the last month, I've been listening to Fishmans, Yoshida Brothers and Soil & "Pimp" Sessions. However, this is far from J-Rock.

I will look for these bands you've posted, guys. Wink
oabbs
Oh yes, Psycho Le Cemu too!.
DarkAkira
If anyone needs a list of bands let me know. I have some that aren't well known but they are good.
saeleyjnr
I do adore "Electric Eel Shock".
Saw them live a few weeks back, it was quality
Chalchihuitlicue
DarkAkira wrote:
If anyone needs a list of bands let me know. I have some that aren't well known but they are good.


I'd appreciate it if you'd share. Very Happy I'm always looking for more good Jrock bands, because so many of the ones I really, really love are no longer around. I need to find more that are currently active.

I'd also like to add AN Cafe to my list of suggested bands, because not only is their music awesome (and upbeat and happy, quite a change given some of the other things I like), but the members are all adorable too.
Seiji
I try to listen to jrock but I don't like the visual kei image. I guess I can just ignore the look and listen to the music. I really like Asian Kung-Fu Generation, I've actually been listening to them for awhile. I agree thats jrock is better than a lot of american music. I find myself listening to more korean rock since I can understand the lyrics better but sometimes I still get the feel for some japanese rock.
Captain Fertile
Okay the gauntlet has been thrown down, add Jrock to the list of new experiences I will be trying this next week or so.

I will give it a try and get back to you with how I found it.

Any specific bands or records I should seek out for my baptism of jrock?

One note though, the reason many people outside of Japan (in Europe and America especially) have never heard of or never tried jrock is because we have a wide range of our own home grown rock talent.

While I agree when you say we don't know what we are missing (but I am going to find out) I cannot agree that our own rock here in Europe (or over in the US) is was as lazily created as you stated earlier.

If it had not been for the quality and array of western rock and roll available to the East I am sure jrock would have sounded very different than it does today, if indeed it would have even existed.

Anyway, bring on the jrock, I am ready to be educated.... Very Happy
Chelissamow
I love JRock. JRock along with JPop are basically the only type of songs that I listen to now.

My favourite JRock bands would be:
Art-School, SID, SIAM SHADE, BUMP OF CHICKEN, UVERworld, Gazette, and a lot more.

For some reason though, many visual kei bands sound the exact same to me. o__O Maybe not the music itself but some of the vocalists sound amazingly alike. xD
Chalchihuitlicue
Chelissamow wrote:
I love JRock. JRock along with JPop are basically the only type of songs that I listen to now.

My favourite JRock bands would be:
Art-School, SID, SIAM SHADE, BUMP OF CHICKEN, UVERworld, Gazette, and a lot more.

For some reason though, many visual kei bands sound the exact same to me. o__O Maybe not the music itself but some of the vocalists sound amazingly alike. xD


I'm trying to get into Gazette, but I haven't found any songs that I really like yet. Can you suggest any?

I do agree, a lot of vis kei bands have very similar sounding vocalists (Kamijo from Lareine reminds me a lot of the vocalist from Vidoll, to give one example). While I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, I wish there was a greater variety of sound in the newer stuff like there was in older vis kei stuff.
DarkAkira
Miyavi is amazing. Period.
garmon
You should try Ellegarden. They are super cool and super catchy. Their guitar is extremely thrashy and so the vocals aren't as clear as they could be.
ExBuM
I just looked up ellegarden they're pretty good :]

I'm currently listening to L'arc~en~ciel's albums. x]
Chalchihuitlicue
garmon wrote:
You should try Ellegarden. They are super cool and super catchy. Their guitar is extremely thrashy and so the vocals aren't as clear as they could be.


Ellegarden is pretty catchy. XD A friend of mine recently introduced me to their music.

I keep forgetting the name of the band, but the one that did some music for the anime Air Gear is also pretty good.
DarkAkira
80★PAN! is a really good band. All girls.

Right now my TOP 2 are....

UVERworld and Miyavi (MYV, 雅)
germy7
Well I gotta say that musical taste is subjective as some have already said it. I hate to see someone say this music is better than that... Music is made for everyone to enjoy... And then someone says one music is more sophisticated than the other o_O...

What is good music? As sound is important to music, do you consider lyrics a major part of music too? Some people has noted Sophisticated sound. Are you talking about texture? Popular music these days follow the simple Homophonic texture (accompaniment line+vocal line). So are you saying you hear polyphonic textures (at least 2 melodies simultaneously) in Japanese Rock music? Could you name me some songs and bands that actually do this? (just curious).
I've only heard of folklore music, or music back in the Baroque era that is polyphonic. If Japanese rock music follows the same musical texture as Popular or Rock music in America... with this one point I can say there is not much different in their music! They may have different melodic and harmonic lines, different way of using their vocal talent, different language and maybe a differentt range of instruments, but does that really make Japanese rock music that different from its American counterpart?

What are you comparing here? I'm getting this very broad phrase: "American Music". What part of American Music are you talking about? Blues, Jazz, Hip Hop, Pop, Rock.... It's like your bashing the whole American music scene.

Are you guys sure its "American music" you are finding bland, or the choice of your radio station, or getting introduced to new bands? Maybe you're stuck in mainstream music (which is what radio stations prefer to play)?

Yeah Visual Kei artists have costumes (could have even deisgned them themselves), but does that really make their music more sophisticated? That only has to do with their image. This is a matter of culture. The sense of style and the way they want to present themselves could be different from how Artists in america want to present themselves. If you think about it, Remioromen and Asian Kung-Fu Generation - they don't wear any of that fancy stuff, how are they different from "American music"?

Just to let you know, the word "Japanese Rock" is a category of very broad range of genres in its own. You can get Psycho Le Cemu, Antic Cafe right along with something like Despairs Ray, Onmyouza.... I get the idea you think Jrock is so unique and holds so many shapes and colours is because no one has tried to label these bands with their rightful genre. I would down right call Antic Cafe as Pop music if it was my choice. Hell what would you call Kishidan, JROCK? (not to put down the band or anything).

I do respect Jrock as I have had my own share of listening to many of these bands (and quite enjoy their music), I would just like to put some perspective into things. Just think carefully about why you like these bands. Is it really because their music is better than America's?
DarkAkira
Akward post, but here is a small reply. I am not going to argue or anything, just clarifying my opinion.

I dislike 99% of AMercan Music. Music made in america. It is , except for a few, bland, uninteresting, and not very creative. Everything I hear coming out of bands lately is the same crap over and over again. No one is being original. Everything is stuff I have heard before. And most of the vocals seem to be the same as well.

Again. This is MY opinion.

As for as japanese music. J-Rock to me is all rock music made in Japan. And yes, it does seem to have more effort put into it. Just listening to it compared to american music, you can HEAR the difference in quality and composition. And i have to say, Japanese Bass players are some of the best in the world (from what i have heard in music).

Japaness music has more interesting riffs, better vocals (usually), some interesting harmonies (e.g. UVERworld), and also they seem to like to add old japanese instruments into the mix. In alot of cases, bands like to go back in some ways to ancient japanese roots in their music.

Just my opinion. Riht now im too busy to explain more than this. Sorry if i am still confusing.
germy7
I respect your opinion about why you like Jrock, but I don't agree with what you said about American music.

I'm just gonna have to quote what Andrew426 said.

Andrew426 wrote:
Is anyone else going to point out that its impossible for a single genre to be better and/or more sophisticated than all the music coming out of a whole country? Even just thinking that is stupid, because not only would you have to listen to every single song from that country, as well as every single song considered to be part of that genre (which is debatable, as some songs could easily fit into multiple genres) and then come up with some system of rating them.


Dark Akira, Have you considered that?
You dislike 99% of American Music that you've heard, how much percent of this is the amount of music you've listened that has come from America?? Have you heard every album/single/... from America? How can Jazz, or Hip Hop, or Instrumental music compare against J-rock? They're two whole different things. You can't compare a whole country's music full of varing genres against 1 from Japan.

D: who am i kidding, there is no way I can get critical thinking from someone who is narrow minded.
DarkAkira
Wow. And yet again... insults for ones opinion. Rather lame to me. I dont know why i am all of a sudden "narrow minded" for my personal opinion and preference.

I dont have to listen to EVERYTHING coming out of america to know it all sounds the same. Why? Because everything i have heard.... sounds the same. And notice i didnt say everything as in everything ever. I said everything lately. Like over the past few years.

And my preference isnt just J-Rock. I also think J-Pop is much better than American Pop. It is MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!! No need to be an ass towards me for it. Some people like american music better than Japanese music. I dont call them narrow minded or yell at them. I respect their opinions.

So you dont agree. Ok. Then dont agree in your own head. Dont try to make me change my mind about it.
Chalchihuitlicue
germy7 wrote:
Yeah Visual Kei artists have costumes (could have even deisgned them themselves), but does that really make their music more sophisticated? That only has to do with their image. This is a matter of culture. The sense of style and the way they want to present themselves could be different from how Artists in america want to present themselves.


For me, visual spectacle is a huge part of anything I like. My favorite musicals, for example, are Cats, Phantom of the Opera, and Les Miserables. Phantom perhaps epitomizes the kind of style I like - grand Victorian and historical styling, soaring, powerful vocals, and darker music. Compare this to Vis Kei Jrock and you find a lot of the same things. XD It's also the same reason I've loved Sarah Brightman's music for years.

But where is this in American music?

It simply doesn't exist. So in that regard, yes, I'm going to like (Vis Kei) Jrock better than all American music, because it has something that American music does not. The stunning visual spectacle that lets me truly immerse myself in the world the music creates.

I would also like to point out that you rarely see vocalists with a truly powerful voice in America. XD I just like an operatic sound, and that's not popular here. Hence my list of favorite vocalists, and only one is American: Kaya, Klaha, Asagi, Gackt, Sarah Brightman, Josh Groban.

But yeah, also loving the hatred that people get for preferring something that isn't American. What, are you going to start telling us we're traitors to our nation simply because we can't get our fix of the kind of sound we like from America? Rolling Eyes But of course, I'm just generalizing, and can't possibly like Jrock in its own right, I'm just trying to alienate everyone who likes American music. Rolling Eyes Right.
germy7
I was just posting to put some perspective in things.
I said I respect the fact that he/she likes Jrock. I respect ANYONE who likes whatever music they like.

If you read carefully, DarkAkira was the first to insult one music over the other. He/She said America's is CRAP, all of it. DarkAkira was the one who chose the country, America in his post.

I'm just saying you can't compare 1 genre of music from ANYWHERE (america, china, japan, australia... etc) to a whole country's range of music.
DarkAkira coulda chose any country and I would have still not agreed.

And yeah I would agree that you don't find any of the cool costumes you see on visual kei bands in america. Japan's culture is different from a lot of countries.

I mean if someone's gonna start a thread about Jrock, but on the side add the note: "American music is crap." You know you are going to have some unhappy people. Let me stress here that if you want a positive thread going on, please don't insult any country's music (doesn't have to be america -- for all those people who think I'm an all american nationalist... I'm not even from that country..... Rolling Eyes ).
Chalchihuitlicue
Oh, I think a lot of American music is crap too, but I don't jump down people's throats for not agreeing with me. XD

I just hate it when a discussion about a certain country's music is drowned in someone protesting that the people who like music from country X don't like music from country Y, or even hate the music from country Y and how that's not fair, or is biased, etc.

Is it really that big a deal if music from country X is compared to countries Y and Z and fans of music from country X still like that music better? So what if one person's opinion is that all music from country Y is crap? It's not like they're forcing you to believe it, they're just stating their own opinion.


Anyway, getting back on-track here, is anyone else a fan of BLOOD?
DarkAkira
...

UVERworld's new single is all...... different. But fun.
soldeinvierno
esta bien hablar de rock por aki e chavales?
DarkAkira
???????????????
DarkAkira
I do.

I am actually looking at a poster right now of them that is hanging in my room.
roxys_art
Chalchihuitlicue wrote:
I'm not going to argue with you about that, because you have a point. It is kind of strange how we compare one genre to every kind of music in America. However, you're not taking into account that a lot of American songs, regardless of genre, are about one thing: Love/sex.


Love/sex? What American bands are you listening to? I know alot of bands that write songs about things other than love/sex.

Chalchihuitlicue wrote:
At least with music in languages I don't understand, I don't have to know if I'm listening to the same old drivel about love/sex.


This is kind of a...bizarre statements to make. These Japanese bands you listen to might be singing about love/sex, but you can't understand them.

And I also know people have been saying that American music does not have any "complexity" to them. Well, first of all, complexity in music does not always make it good. Second, complexity in music is defined differently from country to country.

I could easily say that the music of certain South African tribes and musicians in India is far more complex than Japanese bands. Their pitch, rhythm, timbre and articulation are far more complex than that of any Japanese rock bands. However, this would be an unfair statement because both styles of music are different. You cannot compare apples to oranges.

Also, sweeping generalizations don't work when relating to music.
clydejaw
J-Rock for the win!

Favourite all-time artists from me:

X-Japan, Gackt, Glay, Olivia, Hyde and Pizzicollo Very Happy!
DarkAkira
Last I checked, argument was over, and we were talking about what Japanese Bands we like and why, or what shows are coming up.

Please stick to it. Don't bring up this controversy again with which is better or they're the same.

We're all never going to agree, so don't try.
roxys_art
DarkAkira wrote:
Last I checked, argument was over, and we were talking about what Japanese Bands we like and why, or what shows are coming up.


Last time I checked, it was yesterday, because I just recently started posting on these forums. So, I saw an interesting subject and wanted to discuss it. Even if it is an old subject, I don't think it should be a problem with this being a discussion board and all. Not trying to be rude, but you came off kind of rude, so I had to respond.

DarkAkira wrote:
Please stick to it.


And please don't tell me what to do. Thank you.

DarkAkira wrote:
Don't bring up this controversy again with which is better or they're the same.

We're all never going to agree, so don't try.


I never once said one type of music is better than another type of music, nor was I trying to start "controversy," or get anyone to agree with me. I was just pointing out that one type of music cannot be better than another type of music because it is subjective in nature.

Plus I hate these new genres that come out. They don't have any meaning. New bands come out and then they create a new genre. American bands are more guilty of this than anyone else. Greeeeeat, a new genre. That doesn't make their music any better, worse, unique, good, etc. I think alot of these bands come up with these new genres so that they can claim their band is more unique than others. This way, people will feel like they are a part of something new and buy more CDs, tickets, and other merchandise.

JRock? Are you kidding me? It's music. Why does it have to be labeled?

So, to summarize: yes, J-Rock is subjectively better than A-Rock (American rock) to you. Objectively, they are neither better nor worse than each other.
DarkAkira
I wasn't trying to come off rude, so I apologize if I came off that way. And I did ot intend to "Tell you what to do".

I am however, sick of the arguing over music.

We can sit here all day and say that one style is better than another, or isnt better than any. We can say that music can't be compared that way, we can say that it is all the same genre, we can say just about anything. It is about as useless as trying to discuss Intel vs AMD or PC vs Mac.

I just don't even want to bring up anything like that anymore.

I am sick of people fighting over it. Not just on this site, but at least 30 others I have been on. There is ABSOLUTELY no point.

The MAIN reason I started this topic was too see who like J-Rock/J-Pop, and what bands/artists they like. I would like to keep this topic ON topic.

Also, I don't know about any other users, but I noticed that more often than not, users here take almost every statement of opinion as an insult to them, or use it as a reason to yell, argue, and/or start swearing. This is another thing that I would like to avoid.

Thank-You.
roxys_art
DarkAkira wrote:
I wasn't trying to come off rude, so I apologize if I came off that way. And I did ot intend to "Tell you what to do".

I am however, sick of the arguing over music.

We can sit here all day and say that one style is better than another, or isnt better than any. We can say that music can't be compared that way, we can say that it is all the same genre, we can say just about anything. It is about as useless as trying to discuss Intel vs AMD or PC vs Mac.

I just don't even want to bring up anything like that anymore.

I am sick of people fighting over it. Not just on this site, but at least 30 others I have been on. There is ABSOLUTELY no point.

The MAIN reason I started this topic was too see who like J-Rock/J-Pop, and what bands/artists they like. I would like to keep this topic ON topic.

Also, I don't know about any other users, but I noticed that more often than not, users here take almost every statement of opinion as an insult to them, or use it as a reason to yell, argue, and/or start swearing. This is another thing that I would like to avoid.

Thank-You.


Yes, music is subjective, so no one will agree with each other unless they have similar music tastes. Agreed.

So where do I listen to samples of J-Rock at? Any online radio have it that you know of?
DarkAkira
Hmm....

Off the top of my head, I do not know any J-Rock online radio stations.

I am however, thinking of adding one on my forums.

wow.... i am dumb.....

HEY EVERYBODY!! i totally forgot to mention (especially in this thread) that I have a Japanese Culture website that focuses alot on Music from Japan. There are also download links available for some Music.

http://www.akarui-japan.com

And like I said a moment ago, I will probably be adding a radio station to the site, so... yeah!
Related topics
JPOP MUSIC
J-Rock!
Many first Japanese song
Japanesse Music, Have you try to hear it?
J-Pop
what kind of music do you like?
My complaint with today's music
What you listen to music?
What present you bought for your gf or wife?
Wich Anime is the best....
Whats on your iPod?
Best Opening/Ending Credits?
J-rock
Anyone Listen to J-rock?
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Music

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.