FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Should the USA change the colors of paper money?

Should US currency be multicoloured?
Of course.
71%
 71%  [ 5 ]
Never!
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I'm colourblind anyway.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

ocalhoun
I have noticed that many forigners who come to the USA are confused by the fact that all of our money is the same shade of green. (Those would be the ones used to dealing with different colours of currency.)
Now, I figure that diferent colors for diferent amounts would be great.
What do you think?
Blaster
I like the color of our money. Green is the best!!! So i dont' think they should change it. There is so much on our money anyway. This makes money really hard to copy too. So yea The way we have it is a good way. Very Happy
Vrythramax
Alot of other countries change thier money every few years or so to keep thier money from being copied, the US is the only country (that I know of) that hasn't really changed the overall look of thier currency in the last 50 years. We have only recently begun to add additional security measures to our money, and it is about time.

Yes, I think they should try differant colors, I like the green...but it will still spend the same way if it were another color.
Blaster
I am fine looking at just green money. There is color to money.

Tell me you dont' see colors on there.
ocalhoun
I don't mean just having colours on the bill, I mean having different bills different colours. (ones-blue, fives-yellow, tens-green, twenties-red, that sort of thing.)
Blaster
That would make it sloopy and hard. KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS!!!
Soulfire
If you look closely, the new 10 dollar bill is colored slightly red. Coloring in this way (not just completely changing the color) makes it considerably harder to counterfeit.

So changing the colors slightly, or adding a touch of color is good - just not too much.
zjosie729
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!
The colors should definately change, and they should make the bills more beautiful! I mean look at the EU bills and coins. And probably a lot other countries too.
suntzu3500
Practically, changing colors would have pro's and cons.

Using a multicolored scheme would increase confusion as people got used to the new bills, and in the short term would actually increase counterfiting as people arnt familiar with the bills. In the long term, color coding the bills by demomination would actually reduce confusion, as people identified bills by their colors, and increased complexity in a system means harder to duplicate.
Nameless
The USA should change the colour of their money to black. Black like THEIR SOUL!

*ahem* No, I don't think changing any currency to another colour would be a good idea. It would serve exeedingly little practicle purpose and there would still be so many of the original coloured notes in circulation it would be confusing.
planet
Ocal,,,,, ya forgets that there's plenty of BLACK $'s ^L*
planet
Names,,,, C ?,, they its allready there and have been, as for the US soul, nah its Blue(s) =)
[FuN]goku
meh i dont care Wink i dont live in the us Very Happy
thiamshui
yes, they should.. putting notes in different colours allows easier differentiation of the values.. it's easier to count money and easier to search for certain values too..
godam64
it would be funny if they change the color to pink.
they should try makes money like ancient chinese metal money from gold, silver, etc and also with a big paper money Smile