FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help needed :P

Nutorious
I havnt actually created my site yet so you have nothing to comment on (thank goodness Razz) but i am going to be creating a gambling site, but i really do suck at design and i would like some suggestions on what to design it like? I created once before but it got deleted when the server went down.. unlucky for me i reformatted that day! But my old layout was really rubishy, i have been looking at afew differnt sites but they seem to be a bit advanced for me! I am not pro actually i am very new at web design and would really like some tips, and maybe how to set it out. Thankyou!
bladesage
I am more than happy to help as much as I can. One of the most important things to remember is that CSS should become one of your favorite ways to format site layout. The W3C developed it for a reason. One of the biggest things to remember when in doubt, is try looking at your questionable color scheme for a while. If it hurts your eyes after like five minutes, find colors that don't clash.

I suppose I should also tell you that if you don't know, Bondings actually started a forum for people to report their lost files, and he'll try to find and recover them for you. He's really a great person, and Frihost wouldn't just leave you hanging dry after the server crash Smile.

I will upload a page to my site that may help you. I actually created it for a project in school, but it's a list of my top 10 things to not do with a web page. You won't be able to access it from my homepage, so I'll give you the link directly to it. Here it is:

http://rednecksushi.frih.net/top10.html (I didn't quite finish the page, so I got to, but didn't do, number 9)

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm more than happy to do what I can =D.

If you want some design tips, take a look at my site. It should really help as well:

http://rednecksushi.frih.net/index.html
GB
One thing with gambling is that many prefer closed in spaces that are dark and private. This is from a book on the architecture of gambling (I forgot the name).
My point is that the design of the site should mimick those same feelings. If you design the Bellagio of internet gambling, it will look beautiful, but may not bring in the numbers your hoping for--at least for repeat visits.
Just some thoughts. Good Luck!
Blaster
If you need help with anything let me know. I will work with you on aim or msn as needed. Very Happy But just make sure that you keep it at a level you feel confurtable at.
tommyarnold
bladesage wrote:
I am more than happy to help as much as I can. One of the most important things to remember is that CSS should become one of your favorite ways to format site layout. The W3C developed it for a reason. One of the biggest things to remember when in doubt, is try looking at your questionable color scheme for a while. If it hurts your eyes after like five minutes, find colors that don't clash.

I suppose I should also tell you that if you don't know, Bondings actually started a forum for people to report their lost files, and he'll try to find and recover them for you. He's really a great person, and Frihost wouldn't just leave you hanging dry after the server crash Smile.

I will upload a page to my site that may help you. I actually created it for a project in school, but it's a list of my top 10 things to not do with a web page. You won't be able to access it from my homepage, so I'll give you the link directly to it. Here it is:

http://rednecksushi.frih.net/top10.html (I didn't quite finish the page, so I got to, but didn't do, number 9)

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm more than happy to do what I can =D.

If you want some design tips, take a look at my site. It should really help as well:

http://rednecksushi.frih.net/index.html

looks like u need some design tips yourself
rfwrangler
I always start with the layout of my sites then I work on the color scheme for the site as a whole. Working with CSS makes it far easier to keep the same appearances over your site adding to the familiarity of the site. Their are a lot of tutorials on the web about design and I highly recommend learning all that you can about CSS and color schemes and how to use color to draw attention to various items on the page. Pay close attention to how you site is organized and how the page is laid out because users will be looking for key recogniable features. I will be happy to help you as much as I am able.
looksbad
tommyarnold wrote:

looks like u need some design tips yourself

Agreed Smile http://www.Myth-Studios.frih.net

aint really done yet.. suppose the *BASIC* Splash screen gives a kinda idea of the colour schemes.. btw the Blog is sucky atm. havent got around to coding a design.

Just go with some nice colours .. colours that blend well and contrast nicely..

For a gambling site its usualy a dark colour scheme maybe you could make Black , Green and Red work..

ps- No offence.. but
bladesage wrote:
If it hurts your eyes after like five minutes, find colors that don't clash.

Your site hurts my eyes after like 2 mins no offence .. its the bg.. needs alot of work tbh m8 gl Smile