FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DBI.pm & DBD::mysql

Octaeder
I've been trying to install Movable Type software for my website. For it to work it needs DBI Perl Module as well as DBD::mysql (which as far as I can tell frihost doesn't support)

Hence my question: is there a way of adding our own perl modules and more importantly, how on earth would I do this?

Bare in mind when answering that I'm a complete n00b to all of this stuff Confused

Thanks
Dragonfly
Frihost supports MySQL. I think moveable type can run on MySQL as database. So, it will be a matter of time before you get to know know how to set up database and install. Just follow the installation manual for more details. It is not difficult.
Daniel15
Sorry, you can't add your own Perl modules. So, if the module isn't installed here, Movable Type won't work.

If it doesn't work for you, consider Wordpress. It's written in PHP and will work here at FriHost.
boringest
it has both i think, if you can't just use wordpress...
badai
i spent the whole night installing moveable type only to find out DBI::mysql not available. too bad.

anybody know any wordpress theme that look like the default theme for moveable type?