FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who Will You Marry???

rabbani
What do you think???

I think a good wife is a woman who can cooks well, loves me and grows good children. Very Happy

What do you think about that???
Vrythramax
I wouldn't mind so much if my wife couldn't cook very well (luckily for me she can), as that is a learned skill. The love she would have to show me and our [potential] children would be required on the other hand. I think we all seek a mate that will fill our own personal needs/wants and sometimes we settle for something other than that, but I think the main requirement is simply love. It may sound cliche', but love can overcome alot of trials and tribulations in life.
James007
Moved to Relationships.
hahame
rabbani wrote:
What do you think???

I think a good wife is a woman who can cooks well, loves me and grows good children. Very Happy

if these thing all done by your wife,i think have no housework leave for u,ur wife just a houseserver?do u think this is a good family?
Jaiye
I will marry Mischa Barton.
Jacqueline
rabbani wrote:
What do you think???

I think a good HUSBAND is one who can cook, loves me, and is good with children Wink
Slammer
Im not sure if i really see the point in getting married. You can show your love to someone without it and share your lives together too, just your name isnt in a book somewhere, and you didnt waste a ton of money on one single day. My opinion.

Although, id say as long as i love them n they love me, then thats all thats needed. Everything else is merely trivial.
anilsarwal
rabbani wrote:
What do you think???

Hey, you forgot to say what a good husband is like!
Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Tiga
I don't think you can think of just "a good wife" or "a good husband" - both words imply a unity between two people.

My opinion is that if other people are noticing that you have fun together, trust each other, and just generally enjoy you time together - then you are probably making a good wife (or husband) happy.
Garnet
I think a good husband is one that I can have good conversation with (a good sense of humour is essential too). Also I think in a healthy relationship both would help with the kids and housework.

bwa hahaha, who am I kidding?! He'll be my slave and do all the dishes, make the bed, feed the kids, do the yard work, put up the x-mas lights, take 'em down, remember all the special occasions and buy me stuff Twisted Evil

Jk jk Cool
Vrythramax
Garnet wrote:
I think a good husband is one that I can have good conversation with (a good sense of humour is essential too). Also I think in a healthy relationship both would help with the kids and housework.

bwa hahaha, who am I kidding?! He'll be my slave and do all the dishes, make the bed, feed the kids, do the yard work, put up the x-mas lights, take 'em down, remember all the special occasions and buy me stuff Twisted Evil

Jk jk Cool

Shocked

umm...have you been talking to my wife?? That sounds strangely familiar.
input
the person that one should marry should be your best friend with whom there is a mutual attraction, because years down the line when the attraction is fading as long as you can still talk and be friends it will have a better chance of survival.
Landreski
I think it is different for everyone. My parents have been happily married for over 40 years. They really buy the "for better or worse" part and have a ton of love and respect for each other. I, on the other hand, am not good at it. I don't think I am too selfish or anything like that. I have a daughter and I think I am a pretty good mother (she says so too).

For me the best kind of husband is an "ex" husband. Smile

Linda
keedap
for me the best partner would be someone
Who can tolerate me and also whom i can tolerate ,. Smile
Jokes apart
a person who is mature enough to understand and help me and
childish enough to enjoy al the pranks and other stuff with me ..
a person who can help me when i cry .
and who can cry in front of me when she needs help ..

Pyxel
The best wife would be somebody I know and love more than anybody else. Somebody who has a wonderfull personallity, somebody who I can sit for hours on end and have awesome conversations and hang out with and never get sick of.

I dont care if she can cook, I love to cook myself, I am Italian; and her being the avarage American girl who has a lousy mother gives her no cooking abillity :P And I love cooking for her anyways.

When it comes to children, I could care less, I personally dont want kids because they get in the way of things I want to do with my spouse, and they cost too much ~_~

Above all else I want somebody who love me as much as I love her, and that would be my awesome and beautiful girlfriend. She is perfect for me!
nexusads
I believe a good wife is your best friend. someone who you can relate to on the deepest of levels, where there is absolute trust and faith in each other. mind you, never been married so dont know for sure how this all works out in practice. but alas, something to look forward to Smile
Gieter
rabbani wrote:
What do you think???

She doesn't need to cook very well, or grow good children, that sound's a bit old-fashioned in my opinion. Smile Probably because we live in another culture, so no problem. Wink

A good wife is someone who you love and who loves you. That's all. All the necessary thinks can be put back to loving each other. Simple, isn't it?
windrei
a woman who let me feel comfortable if i stay long time with her. No matter she knows how to cook, do the housework or not, as i know~
technospecial
i think husband must have a good guy and funny person not be serious
tomahawk19
I love my fiance more than anything. I've been fortunate to find someone who cares the world about me, and i care the world about her, she is always there for me. I just want to grow old with her.
Subsonic Sound
As long as we can drum up something edible between us, thats as far as cookery goes.

But my ideal wife would be loyal, affectionate, caring, interesting... and as I write them I'm realising how closely I'm describing my current girlfriend. And I do love her - but we're not thinking of marriage just yet. A bit early. But maybe, one day.
bluefossil
I have two requirements:

IRON MY SHIRT!
MAKE ME DINNER!
megastar
A GOOD WIFE IS ONE WHO

CARES
LOVES

AND I AM HAPPY

Razz
bessy
sounds interesting
Itachi
I look for a woman that truly loves me and is good to me and that is good with children. I personally think i have found my future wife.

~Itachi
varuncomputers
marriage is one of the important relationship in every human life.....few people say that marriages are made in heaven.....there are different languages,castes but there is no such thing in relationship i.e love.....there is no specefic date for marriages.......if men and women agrees to marry its that date where they can marry....people say that we can say thousands of lies to fix one marriage.....
the_mariska
Hmm.. I think I'm a bit too young to decide (I'm 18 ). But I know, that my husband should love me, have the same interests as me, support me when I get down... And, yeah, I'd love to sit in the house and take care of the children. Provided that my husband earned enough for all of us. (My mum is not so fortunate, as she has to work, though she has 5 children Razz). I have a boyfriend that is almost perfect for me, but we haven't talked about marriage. Maybe some day... Wink
maths
yup. that would be very ideal

rabbani wrote:
What do you think???

indeedwrestling
I'm getting married in about nine months. It will be interesting because I will move across the country, start a new job, give up a lot of my local work (with improv & wrestling in my community), find a new church and really begin a new life. However, it's also part of us forging a new life together. My wife and I are very different people both in denomination (Catholic/Lutheran) and political views (Republican/Democrat). Still, we use these opportunities to really explore our own interests instead of feeling that we have to merge into a single person. The differences aren't roadblocks but rather opportunities to grow and become more informed and articulate in our own beliefs and practices. That's who I'm marrying - someone who gives me the opportunity to do that but always accepts me exactly like how I am.
emperorkhan
do not trust any ladies!
Blaster
A good wife to me is one who

Knows how to cook
Knows how to work
Is caring
Is loving
Loves you for the way you are
Isn't older or younger then you by much
Is a healthy person
Likes the outdoors.
I could keep going on and on but there are so many things.
linangan
I would marry someone who has the same class standpoint as mine. It would be so hard to live with someone who lives and thinks as a member of the higher class and it would be very hard and frustrating to tolerate.

I would marry some who shares some, if not all, of my passions. I don't need him to be as passionate, but I would like for him to be at least interested and appreciative of the things I love.

I would marry someone who thinks differently from me and not hold it against me. I want someone I can have all kinds of conversations with.
Subsonic Sound
Subsonic Sound wrote:
As long as we can drum up something edible between us, thats as far as cookery goes.

But my ideal wife would be loyal, affectionate, caring, interesting... and as I write them I'm realising how closely I'm describing my current girlfriend. And I do love her - but we're not thinking of marriage just yet. A bit early. But maybe, one day.

Since someone's committed threadomancy, I'd like to comment anew... nearly a year has passed since I made this comment, and it's... odd to see how things have changed. I'm still with the same girl, and by now it's become a very real possibility. Not yet. Not yet. But one day, most likely.
amicidellatigre
nobody, but if i really need to, i would marry my husband
leslie.sweets
hmm who will i marry i know who i will marry my fun loving Fiance Glenn he is the most wonderful man in the world Smile he is my best friend sooo i am marrying my best friend is the answer to the question
~*~Sweets~*~
windrei
for the three points you mentioned, i only agree with : loving you.

i know good wife is different from good lover. But is cooking well a matter ?? if she cannot cook, how about you ? can you cook for her ? or your children ? every role can be switched. It's the same for growing children. If she does not know how to grow them well, do you know and can you guide her ? so i dont see those are important. You'd better know it too...

love is the most important. If she does not love you much, then how you 2 can become a family, right ? there must be love in a family. Otherwise the children will suffer... and it will not be a happy one.
agustin
I agree! But I think theres more things inside a woman that you have to find out to realise who are you loving!
urbanbuddha
Someone who is kind, funny, good cook, and good with children. XD
rheanna
Me, Myself and I ;o) Laughing Cool
bongoman
The short answer is I don't know because I haven't found her yet! Laughing

These sorts of questions are difficult because its answering a question that for most of us is unanswerable, yes we do have some ideas about some desirable qualities and so on, but what we fantasize, what we idealize is not always what we get in the end. I personally would like to marry a woman that's passionate, caring, intelligent, funny, charismatic, and as all of us would say attractive, and that's not to say they have to be a beauty queen or something but as beauty is in the eye of the beholder someone who at least to me and the people that mattered to me was beautiful, and most importantly someone who believes in their own beauty (but not in a hubris sort of way)
molif
simple... somehow whom i can live with for the rest of my life..