FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sirius or XM Satalite radio?

bk6969
Hi all

The battle between Sirius and XM has started. After the addition of Howard Stern to thier programing Sirius subscriptions have gone from 600k to 3.2mil I a matter of months.

Recently I have heard that XM coustomers that are calling to cancel are offered a subscription rate of $3 per month instead of the $12, and are offering free upgraded radio units to them just to keep thier customers.

Sirius on the other hand cannot make the recievers fast enough. subscription rates were so high at the beginning of the year it would take you 7 to 10 days just to have your service activated, and that was if you were able to find a reciever to buy.

I'm bias because I am a Sirius subscriber, but was hoping to hear from XM customers.

Are you staying with XM and why?
mschnell
My rental car in San Diego had XM and one of the first things I heard was Ben Folds live at The Loft(is that right?). It was pretty sweet. Besides that I heard the song Luxury by Gwen Stef. almost every time I turned on the radio, which is a little rediculous. Anyhow, I'm in the air. I'd say buy an Ipod, an FM transmitter, and a car charger:D.
bk6969
mschnell wrote:
My rental car in San Diego had XM and one of the first things I heard was Ben Folds live at The Loft(is that right?). It was pretty sweet. Besides that I heard the song Luxury by Gwen Stef. almost every time I turned on the radio, which is a little rediculous. Anyhow, I'm in the air. I'd say buy an Ipod, an FM transmitter, and a car charger:D.

If you plan to stick with XM you should call and tell them you are going to cancel and see if you can get a better rate.

If you are looking at Sirius they have a converter unit you can buy that will turn your XM to Sirius. I don't know the name of the unit though.
dancingbear
sirus.
{name here}
I'm sticking with XM since their music channels are bundeld with my DirecTV Service(and 100 Hr DVR)
Jayfarer
I don't have satellite radio, but if I were to get it, I would probably get XM. I don't care much for Stern, and XM is supposed to get/have radio shows from David Bowie/Snoop Dogg/Bob Dylan that would seem interesting to listen to.
Northgatebaseball
My dad and I have both had XM in our cars for a little over a year (2 christmas's ago, from mom...Smile) I absolutely love mine. I have a car kit, and a home kit, so I listen to it on my way to school, and during the week when I am at the dorm. My favorite part is that it has ALL the MLB games, as well as a lot of the college sports games. I would love to have NFL, but I am mostly at home when those games are being played. I would have to say XM all the way, but I am a little bit biased. I have had sufficient time with both XM and Sirius, and the music and other channels are comparable, it just depends on what you as a customer feel like you want more.
smokey4life
Hmm, that's a hard one there Smile I have owned and used both for well over a year, and i really like the XM radio. However i have found that Sirius simply has a much larger variety. If anyone were to ask me i would tell them "Get Sirius."
seodfac
I would say Sirius made a pretty smart move and I'm sure XM is kicking themselves. Was XM making bids to get Howard Stern? However, as I am not a Stern fan I would almost go with XM because I feel sorry for them. Also, my girlfriend has Direct TV and I was impressed with the XM stations on it. But, at the same time I have to wonder if XM will go under regardless of who they get to sign with them.
tribe
Although Sirius has Howard Stern, I have had XM in my car and I don't have any complaints of it. I get great programming, especially the financial news i need while I'm in the car.

XM, at least for me, has more to offer and I'd take it over Sirius anyday.