FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

{ENDED}Naming contest!!!!{ENDED}

Squeeky
I am making a forum site system, im not 100% certain it will go ahead but i am 90% so im running this.

I am looking for a good name for my site...a description of it is here copied from my other post which I would really like some more replies. You can find that post HERE

Quote:
Anyway, I am planning to put a forum site up but im not sure what topics. I have thought this idea might be good...I would like to have a forum system where there is no main topic everything is centered around and there are forums on a lot of things (i will probably emphasise on hobbies). I was thinking of having some sort of trading system with a mod like frihost's $FRIH system. For example, any member can "sell" a picture, website template, article, story/poem or tutorial etc. They will get a certain amount of money depending on its size, demand and quality.

I will create a sort of database of these items and have them for sale so members can buy them to read them, download them etc. There would also be a market place for services.

An addition to this, i am not going to be as broad as I said in this, the forums will be centred around magazine/website/article design and software etc. There will also be forums on hobbies, computer stuff, sports, movies (you know what i mean!)

ABOUT THE CONTEST
It is rather simple, just give me your suggestions and i will decide the one I like best.

Prizes

First = 80FRIH$ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Second = 15FRIH$
Third = 5FRIH$

Deadline

I am giving you 16 days so the deadline will be...

31st of MARCH

I wish you all luck, and I hope you come up with some good names!

Thanks,
Squeeky
assex
What do you thnk of the name 'Cashorums'?
Cash + Forums = CASHORUMS
Keep the name Cashorums and make a similar system of money like FRIH$,
Also, put some ranks like "Pauper", "Worker", "Salesman", "Enterpriser", "Industrialist",
"Tycoon" and finally, "Millionaire".
I suggest that you use PHPBB and put the following categories:-
General Discussion - News, Sports, Video Games and Internet
Computers - Web Sites, Domain Names, Advertisements, Software, Hardware, Nagware, Adware, Freeware, Spyware
Scripting - PHP, ASP, Perl/CGI, Java/JavaScript, C/C++, Other
Science and Technology - Gadgets, Space, Theories, Earth, Discoveries

How do you like my ideas?
Squeeky
Thanks a lot assex, I really like the names you have done for the ranks!!! I will give you some FRIH$ for them when the comp closes! I will definately consider the catagories and the name! The name is very original and I would have never thought of something like it! I will see what others come up with though, I set the deadline for the end of March. This will be great!!! Very Happy
Squeeky
Cause I have had only one response, I am going to change the deadline to Wednesday 22nd of March GMT +10. However if I get more replies, the deadline will be increased by 5 days and so on. Please help me....i am hopeless at thinking of names!!!

Assek, it is looking like you will be getting all the prize money, have you had any more ideas for a name? The only thig i dont like about CASHORUMS is im not sure whether it is providing the right image for my site...it kinda doesnt give the full trading picture. BUT i will probably use it because me or anyone else has come up with anything better.
Thanks!

Hope I get some more ideas,

Squeeky
alalex
azSales
Something like sales from a to z...

It's not a really good name, but... I like it!
traumatized
pluggedinmarketing.com

marketing, and pluggedin means being hooked up to the www.
Squeeky
Thanks for the ideas... they are good but make the site sound like a rip off ebay Very Happy . Anyway, it will now end on the 25, but if i dont get anymore replies, sooner.

Thanks,
Squeeky
n0obie4life
n00b Market
n00b Sales
Squeeky's market.
assex
Hmmm.......
I've thought of a new name:
TRADE-O-FIRMS

Though I'd keep it as CASHORUMS, think about it. What do you think?
Some other names are:
BARTERLAND
SHOPPER-HOUSE
FOR-SHOP
MONEYPLY
$DOLLAR-LAND$

What do you think?
Squeeky
I am going to close this now, thanks everyone who posted!!! I have decided on a variation of assek's CASHORUMS...tycorum.

The prizes will be awarded as folows:

1st Place - assek
2nd Place - azSales by alalex
3rd Place - n0obie4life for his original and personal name n00b Market!!!!!

I am also giving an extra 10FRIH$ to assek for his forum topic ideas and great rank names!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who entered, sorry about the early close but I have had many great suggestions and i really want to get it underway!

Regards,
Squeeky